Question about Lady Thor aka jane foster

Blaze10017
Blaze10017 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I'm currently working on Lady Thor almost champed but my questions are who does she work with best and also what powers should she max out?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 and Vulture are her best friends, since she's slow otherwise. Or other characters that can generate red or blue and don't have a better outlet for it. C4rol, Coulson, Rogue, and Mockingbird all come to mind, depending on the circumstances. 5/3/5 is the universal build; yellow is far and away her weakest power.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, she needs a way to get AP. Once she has enough blue and red AP she can chew through almost anything, but she needs help getting started. Anyone who puts out Charged tiles can help her too - Lockjaw comes to mind.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    4 TrollHulk is also a great match with her as well as the dog (i cannot remember his name atm)  max hulks black hand the dogs green and spam the charged tiles, them IM40 or Vulture to fee her you will cut through teams.  If you have a 5 definitely Blackbolt
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 is her only reasonable build. The team I generally run her with is 3* Iron Man and, lately, Lockjaw. 

Iron Man, as mentioned before, is extremely helpful for generating the Red and Blue AP she desperately needs, and Lockjaw can use Green, which she doesn't need (and IM40 generates), to make even more Charged tiles.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    This PVE, I've been screwing around with 4Thor, IM40 & Jubilee and it's worked quite well.  Jubilee's green creates charge tiles, removes enemy strike/attack/protect tiles and does team damage with enough charged tiles out (so, 4Thor's blue into Jubilee's green will start the team damage going).  Jubilee's purple is generally weak, but can change clusters of black/purple into your more useful colors.   It's not a remotely viable PVP team, but with boosted 4Thor, it really clears the Dark Avengers well enough.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this PvE, with both her and Riri boosted, I've been using them together with Vulture. I don't often need the blue to stun, so Riri can turn it into more red and dish out some solid damage at the same time. At the levels I have them, Thor's red is better than Riri's when there are two targets, and by the time I'm down to just one, there are often enough Charged tiles out that it's better there, too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I like her with Lockjaw and Mordo- they all share blue unfortunately, but Mordo's hits pretty hard while also making charged tiles in bulk while Lady Thor's blue comes with the stun and charged tile creation (I generally disregard lockjaw's blue entirely). Lockjaw spams out charge tiles on green, and will generally get to nibbling after a turn or two. Mordo's black will jumpstart the charge tile train for pretty cheap, and then once you have enough black charged tiles on the board it can start to do some pretty big damage while you build up red ap for Smite.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've used her boosted with boosted Riri and IM40 and...well Riri still kind'a does all the work as I can substitute punching into space for the blue stun. I did enjoy subbing out Riri for Lockjaw though and just going to town with her. You could also of course throw in Black Bolt if you have his black power, mine is only at 2 covers but still does the job for the charged tiles.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 is really the only choice as a partner for Jane-Thor. He's all she needs to get going. You can throw a green-using third in there if you have the option but it's just gravy. Unfortunately, since IM40 is the only reasonable choice, it limits Jane-Thor's usage.
  • Quebbster
    Dormammu said:
    IM40 is really the only choice as a partner for Jane-Thor. He's all she needs to get going. You can throw a green-using third in there if you have the option but it's just gravy. Unfortunately, since IM40 is the only reasonable choice, it limits Jane-Thor's usage.

You don't like Vulture as a partner? Sure, he doesn't generate as much red as Iron Man but he brings quite a bit of offense of his own.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    You don't like Vulture as a partner? Sure, he doesn't generate as much red as Iron Man but he brings quite a bit of offense of his own.
    Nah, not really. If I'm going to use him in battery mode there are better 4-star choices for partners (like Riri or Iceman, for example). Jane needs her red to really shine and Vulture only provides a trickle of it. IM40 is the clear-cut choice as a Jane-battery.
  • Quebbster
    Dormammu said:
    Quebbster said:
    Nah, not really. If I'm going to use him in battery mode there are better 4-star choices for partners (like Riri or Iceman, for example). Jane needs her red to really shine and Vulture only provides a trickle of it. IM40 is the clear-cut choice as a Jane-battery.

OP may not have any better partners but fair enough.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Part of the deal with Jane is that she to an extent her own battery if you're okay matching away a few of the charged tiles - she only creates them on her colors, so if you use Vulture to fire blue, then match some of those, you'll be pretty AP rich in short order while Vulture burns the Green. Just a different way to think about it maybe.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part of the deal with Jane is that she to an extent her own battery if you're okay matching away a few of the charged tiles - she only creates them on her colors, so if you use Vulture to fire blue, then match some of those, you'll be pretty AP rich in short order while Vulture burns the Green. Just a different way to think about it maybe.
    Sure, but slower. Iron Man just makes all the blue and red you need to take care of 2/3 of the board the turn his CDs go off.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Can you run L4dy Thor/Iron Man/2* Thor in Combined Arms, or does Jane Foster lock out regular Thor?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    You can't use both Thors at the same time.
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Storm syncs up with Jane really well. Her green lightning storm still gets the 3x AP multiplier from charged tiles it destroys so it's pretty easy to spend all of your blue and red stunning and smiting and making charge tiles and then get it all back plus more.

She only needs to hit 2 charged yellows to pay for 3* Iron Man's countdowns and get most of the green back to do another lightning storm. Your AP will keep growing and the enemies will be stunned the whole time. 3*Iron Man/4*Thor/3* Storm has gotten me through the longest survival nodes without running dry.
  • Blaze10017
    Blaze10017 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Well I think im40 would be a start until vulture has some covers since 3 star covers are more common than 4 star covers