Chaos Wand Bugged [Fix in 3.4]

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Same problem as Etali.

If your opponent has a full hand, the spells you fetch are put on top of your library with no mana, even if your hand is not full.

I had 1 good cascade and spent the next 5 turns drawing nothing but spells that I don't own.  Not cool guys.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    I hit this too the other day but I wanted to go to TG to make sure and haven't been back yet. :s
  • Mburn7
    @Tombstone I found a new bug with Chaos wand, think all scenarios are covered now.  Please relay this to the team (bold text is the problem):

1.     Gem activated and both players do not have a full hand:         
    Opponent's next spell is fetched to the bottom of your hand with full mana

2.     Gem activated and opponent has a full hand but you do not:   
    Opponent's next spell is fetched to the top of your deck with no mana given to it

3.     Gem activated and opponent does not have a full hand but you do:
    Opponent's next spell is fetched to the bottom of their hand and given full mana

4.     Gem activated and both players have a full hand:
    Nothing happens (or it is the same as case 2, I can't quite tell)
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    @Mburn7 Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed information. The team has confirmed that they are aware of these issues with Chaos Wand. I'll add this to the bug list for reference.  
  • Bubbles
    Bubbles Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    And I thought I misunderstood the card.... 
  • stikxs
    edited November 2018
    Still broken after the 3.0 update FYI
    Just like Etali
  • stikxs
    @Tombstone This issue is still present with Chaos Wand after the 3.1 update.
  • Mburn7
    Can confirm that Chaos Wand is still bugged.

I'm confused.  How did Etali get fixed but not Chaos Wand?  They have almost the same ability and they had the exact same issue.  How/Why do you fix one but not the other?
  • Krey
    Krey Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I just pulled a Chaos Wand and built a deck to try it out.

Same behavior as above.  Spell was added to the top of my library, which I then drew the next turn.  It had no mana (naturally since I had just drawn it).
  • Alanako
    Alanako Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    There is another bug that could be related to this one. Yesterday in BotFT I use In Bolas Clutches with three creatures on my side. I choose to replace none of my creatures and it was destroyed. Next turn I draw it, so it was put on top of my library instead of a graveyard
  • Mburn7
    Just re-reporting this for visibility.

Its the same bug.  If your opponent has a full hand you steal a spell and put it on top of your library with no mana.
    If you have a full hand matching the activate gems has no effect.

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I agree, mostly, with this.
    I feel that Chaos Wand should behave just like Etali's steal ability, put a card in your hand fully charged whether or not Greg has a full hand.
    But if I have a full hand and match then the activated gem fizzles because my hand is full.
    I'm not saying it wasn't cool as tinykitty back when it increased your hand-size (I've had it up to 10 more than once), but I'm fine letting that bit of sweetness go as long as the opponent's hand-size is taken out of the equation.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the report. I'll relay to the team that this issue is still occurring. 
  • stikxs
    Chaos Wand has been here for 9 months and still doesn't work right. And that's not even the worst offender at being buggy...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    stikxs said:
    Chaos Wand has been here for 9 months and still doesn't work right. And that's not even the worst offender at being buggy...
    I still can't get updated wording on Flusterstorm that's been in the request queue since the beginning of 2018 :smiley:

• Magnumson
    Magnumson Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I know that you know already about the bugs. And you know it since October/November. Players try workarrounds like not casting it when the opponent has a full hand but that did not even help me today as my opponent today - I swear by god - hold 4 cards and my hand was not full. Zero cards given today. I guess it was just not Chaos Wand day today. When can we have a fix? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 3.4 build