It is time to boost a 5* in PVP

Eichen
Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
There are now almost thirty 5*s in the game.  People complain that there is a meta and only those few get used so why not boost two 5* every pvp?  That would make the non meta characters more viable.  I could very well leave my 450 5Thor on the shelf if my Daredevil was boosted over 550; same with Parker, Bolt, 5trange, BSSM, Phoenix, Cap(s), IM, etc.  (not wasp or ock though, add 200 levels and they will still suck)

I see some  people complain that they only see the same few 5* in PVP and that there is so much more diversity as a 4* player.  Yeah there are like 70 of them but I think the real reason that people use a more diverse set of 4* is that some of the lesser used 4* get used when they are boosted.  If it were not for boosts 4* players would see the same few characters every time too.  Heck even with 4* boosts there are a few that still get used a majority of the time.  As a 4* player I wouldn't regularly use Moon Knight in PVP but boosted I would dang sure use him.  4DP is pretty good but not 4* meta, however when he is boosted he gets used a ton.  Nightcrawler, Yandu, Bl4de, Vulture, LC are beasts when they are boosted but get no love when they are not.  Rouge is a pain to fight against but not many use her unless she is boosted.  

Give us boosted 5*s so I can get my GR off the shelf.  Give me a reason to use Cap, Iron Man, Archangel, and Goblin.  It would be great if Spider-Man was boosted so he had a better use than being turned to dust as cannon fodder to Thano5 in PVE.  

Tagged:

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heck Yes.  This would increase variety in 5* PVP, which is good for everyone.  Making a gap between old and new 5* players is a good thing.  Vets should play against vets and newbs against newbs.  The MMR does a better job than people give it credit for.  In BOP, the match times were not longer, people just thought they were.  This change would be great:

1) Old vets would likely have both boosted 5*s champed and fight with them at a 550 level, increasing variety.
    2) New 5* players would not likely have the boosted 5*s champed, so they would fight at a 450 level.
    3) With a 5* boosted list each week, people would explore new 5* combos trying to take advantage of the boosted 5*s for the week, which is great for variety.  If you have just 1 boosted 5*, then look among the rest of your 5* champs to find a good partner.  If you have high level 4* champs that are boosted, you could use them too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's not good for 3* players or transitioning 4* players and below. I'm still a considered a 3* player and I'm seeing 5* characters in pvp frequently, even though they are not champed. What downs my characters are the match damage from 5* if I choose to fight them, especially when they are boosted. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's not good for 3* players or transitioning 4* players and below. I'm still a considered a 3* player and I'm seeing 5* characters in pvp frequently, even though they are not champed. What downs my characters are the match damage from 5* if I choose to fight them, especially when they are boosted. 
    I think as a 3* player you would still see low leveled 5*s. But if that 5 was boosted it might raise them above your range so you would not see boosted 5's at all. Maybe. I'm no mmr expert.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    They shouldn't boost 5*s in PvP until after 6*s come out and the 5* acquisition rate greatly improves.  Not until then.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I don’t particularly like to quote myself, but it’s faster:

OJSP said:
    Daredevil217 said:
    If you don’t have any boosted 5s you likely don’t get matched against boosted 5s just like the 4s.
    Actually, currently MMR doesn’t take into account boosts. For example, players with a championed Cable now doesn’t suddently get matched against lvl 500+ 5*s from 0. They will see other championed Cables, but not the other characters who are already 500+. They are still matched against players in their own MMR, be it single, double or more 5*s.

Add: the reverse is also true. Someone with lvl 450 5*s will be able to see boosted championed Cables from 0.
    Is that the same on 2*, 3*, and 4*?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It wouldn't have the effect you think.  Right now there are 550 rosters using much lower Okoye/Thor teams because they are just faster.

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I support 1 boosted 5 a week.  I think the boost should be 50-60 levels.  I'm not using a 450 natasha over a 461 Thor. but i might use a 500 Natasha.  I would still use a 461 Thor over a 480 Natasha.  2 boosted would just mean that those 2 would be all you see
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    I support 1 boosted 5 a week.  I think the boost should be 50-60 levels.  I'm not using a 450 natasha over a 461 Thor. but i might use a 500 Natasha.  I would still use a 461 Thor over a 480 Natasha.  2 boosted would just mean that those 2 would be all you see
    Actually this is a good point.. If we boost a 5* routinely, wouldn’t we just use them with Chavez and let her make critical tiles and let the match damage sort the rest?
    maybe, but that would be a terrible floating team.
    I think Banner would need to be boosted to 550 to use over Thor/JJ/Okoye/DD/Bolt