Some more feedback on Supports

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
1. I really, really want the ability to remove a Support from a character. Not to swap it with another Support, just to simply remove it. Please do this. I am begging you.

2. I don't know how often this has been requested, but it can't be hard to code into the game so here is the request one more time: From the Supports screen, can we please have an indication of which character a Support is currently attached to?

3. Is there going to be PvP inclusion, or not? The players deserve to know. If Supports are eventually going to be included in PvP just say so. You don't need to have a timeline, just an indication of future plans would be nice. If they are not going to ever be included in PvP, just say that - that's cool too. If you don't know about PvP inclusion, it's time to decide.

4. Availability. This is getting ridiculous. The token store has roughly half (half!) the Supports in it. There is absolutely no other way, a ZERO PERCENT chance, of obtaining many of the Supports. Now, while I understand making things like the Infinity Stones an elite prize, what's the reasoning behind having the others in your game being totally unavailable to the people playing your game? How are those Supports, which are meant to enhance game play, enhancing the game if no one can get them? Now, getting back to the token store, it's also time to increase availability on tokens. You jacked-up the possible RISO income, now it's time to give us something to spend it on. Seriously, I'm not that far away from being RISO-positive, meaning I have absolutely nothing to spend it on. That's borderline asinine.

I'd really enjoy playing with Supports more, please take my feedback into consideration. Also, as always, I love Marvel Puzzle Quest and will loyally support (no pun intended) your game until the day of its demise.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. I mean... you can just attach the support you want to remove to some other charater. That’ll work for basically any support where you have rostered at least 2 characters it can be equipped to. That said, I’m not sure why you’re so desperate for this; I haven’t seen any supports that are detrimental. I guess I can see some edge cases where making tiny special tiles might not be good, but...

2. Yeah this one seems like a key missing feature.

3. And if they are, will this be on offence only, or for AI defence as well? For the record, I think the extra variance this would add to defensive teams will not lead to better gameplay.

4. As a player I agree. On the other hand, there are only ~40 supports total, so I can see why they might want to be careful about releasing them so everyone doesn’t suddenly have 3* versions of every one.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. I mean... you can just attach the support you want to remove to some other charater. That’ll work for basically any support where you have rostered at least 2 characters it can be equipped to. That said, I’m not sure why you’re so desperate for this; I haven’t seen any supports that are detrimental. I guess I can see some edge cases where making tiny special tiles might not be good, but...

I guess this is a matter of convenience. You have to swap to a different character, go to the support screen, find the support you want to 'unequip' and equip it to the other character. An unequip button just makes sense.

On '4', I think they should also include the newer (non-infinity stone) supports in the tokens.

I also think the 'duplicate support = bonus RISO' is kind of useless now that the normal flow of RISO has increased. How about introducing a leveling system instead, similar to the 'duplicate covers' feature.

For example (numbers are entirely not thought through and should probably be tweaked):
    Level 1 support unlocked at 1 point
    Level 2 support unlocked at 5 points
    Level 3 support unlocked at 25 points
    Level 4 support unlocked at 250 points
    Level 5 support unlocked at 1000 points
    And a pull at that level will also award that amount of points. So if you pull a L1 support, if you then pull a 4 more L1 supports, level 2 unlocks since you got a total of 5 points. Etc.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018

The detriment is when they trigger all the time, but add nothing of value to the match, thereby slowing down your clear with all their pop-up messages.  I've yet to find a support that is truly helpful (I'm sure there are some combo's out there, I just haven't gotten them yet) so they are all more of a detriment than a bonus to me.

The only way to unequip a support at the moment is to equip it to a character you don't want any more, then sell that character.  That is a bit ridiculous, no?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:

The detriment is when they trigger all the time, but add nothing of value to the match, thereby slowing down your clear with all their pop-up messages.  I've yet to find a support that is truly helpful (I'm sure there are some combo's out there, I just haven't gotten them yet) so they are all more of a detriment than a bonus to me.

The only way to unequip a support at the moment is to equip it to a character you don't want any more, then sell that character.  That is a bit ridiculous, no?
    You can just equip it to a 3* character you never use. You don't have to sell them. That's just crazy.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    3. Is there going to be PvP inclusion, or not? The players deserve to know. If Supports are eventually going to be included in PvP just say so. You don't need to have a timeline, just an indication of future plans would be nice. If they are not going to ever be included in PvP, just say that - that's cool too. If you don't know about PvP inclusion, it's time to decide.
    It seems pretty likely they want to.  I'm not sure which release added it, but you can view the details of a support equipped to a character while in match now: that would presumably work for enemy characters too.  All they really need is a way to display the enemy's equipped supports before match.

I suspect that we'll see enemies with equipped supports in PVE first though.
  • Fendrish
    Fendrish Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2018
    First off, love the game.  I am certainly not so full of myself to think that I could do a better job.  You guys do an amazing job on an amazing game.  So, all I would like is to say some observations and possible solutions to the support system.  As a player transitioning to the 4* land, I think I am in the majority of players, at least as I look at most rosters around me.  For players like myself, supports can be useful and actually damned important if done correctly.  I used to use Patch, Daken and Fist for my easy node clears in PVE before I had half leveled 5* to pair with Thanos, and being able to raise Patch's green match damage with Shuri's Lab and Daken's black with some support I can't think of at the moment allowed me to keep Fist from getting hit and keep the regen team taking the punches.  That being said, the last 4 pulls of support tokens I have gotten (and I don't get many, like 4 months worth of pulls) have all been duplicates.  They give me nothing.  Just some red Iso-8.  So:

1.  Make some type of save/earned system to reward multiple pulls of the same support

2.  Allow for a Bonus/Bought support

All I would like is a way to get those darned supports that would work great with the guys I use currently.  Maybe a Hero for Hire for supports every week or even once a month.  Well maybe twice.  Not like it is currently where you can buy tokens for hero points, but actually buy the support.  Like how you can buy a specific 5* color, maybe you can buy a 2* specific support.  And put some of the supports that are not in tokens, into the tokens.  It seems like supports are kind of pushed to the back burner.  It feels like someone had a great idea for them and the system was just left alone.  So many in my alliance don't even bother with them.  Just some thoughts, thank you for the great game.