MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2018 Edition *Updated (11/26/18)

Comments

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

I think we are due for an update :smile:

Thanks as always!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(11/13/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added info on 4-Star Bishop.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:
    I'm kind of surprised not to see a new support release this weekend.  Not that I've been spending on those vaults, but they've been coming out like clockwork one week after the new character for ages. I wonder if that signals a change in how the devs are handling them?

Your Clock seems to be a bit off, the character specific support vaults have launched on Tuesday after a new character release at noon EST, so one or two Days after the character has first been awarded.

Not that I mind not getting a Domino-related support, it's pretty saturated and they are hard to get at this Point.

I do agree on your final point, but as it also means we dont get any shot at any supports without the release vault, my conclusion is a little bit different. We need every opportunity to earn or buy support tokens, even if that means they get more diluted... A long shot still beats no shot imo...

Depends on how eagerly you spend on the release vault I suppose. I usually get Three single pulls (Daily Deals), of which at best one is a support token, and it's not usually the new one anyway. I Think the most recent one I have is a onestar Mirror Image, which I most definitely got from Not Loki's release vault. As long as they aren't updating the contents of the basic support vault I will just keep falling behind when new supports are being released.
    Just proves we need more chances as i said, doesnt it?

More chances to pull the Supports we already have, yes. More Supports to dilute the pool further, not really. Would love it if the Basic Support Tokens got updated with at least the stuff they released months ago though...
    I got a topic about that somewhere...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darn. Kitty for Thick as Thieves. I was hoping she’d be featured for Honor Among Thieves. Her passive is a perfect fit vs. Mindless Ones.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m curious: has there been another time where all the essential characters are X-Men?

Yes. Can't say exactly when but I do recall it happening.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I’m curious: has there been another time where all the essential characters are X-Men?

I want to say they did with the very first SHIELD Training.  It was Rouges release and happened right after the X-Men made their triumphant return to new character options.  I'm too lazy to look it up and confirm though.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

I want to say they did with the very first SHIELD Training.  It was Rouges release and happened right after the X-Men made their triumphant return to new character options.  I'm too lazy to look it up and confirm though.
    It was Professor X, Cyclops, and Wolverine. I remember it well, because Charles was the only one not at 209 at the time so I missed the free Rogue cover. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

It was Professor X, Cyclops, and Wolverine. I remember it well, because Charles was the only one not at 209 at the time so I missed the free Rogue cover. 
    I believe he’s taking about PVE- Kitty, Emma, Psylocke, Wolverine. Not Shield Training. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:

I believe he’s taking about PVE- Kitty, Emma, Psylocke, Wolverine. Not Shield Training. 
    Well, I feel silly...
  • Brigby
    *(11/16/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:

Yeah TM limited release meant Emma is "latest" for more weeks as TM didn't come into the regular rotation.  In theory should see Neb-Dazzler next up then the pattern is pretty much there.

So in line with predictions - Emma - NEW - Neb, then should be Dazzler.  Does appear 4s are more-or-less following the 3xnew, 2x classics.  Be nice if they told us.  

Guess this is there way to do something to help a little on covering new characters since removing vaulting, without you know just bringing back vaulting.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:
    Punter1 said:

Yeah TM limited release meant Emma is "latest" for more weeks as TM didn't come into the regular rotation.  In theory should see Neb-Dazzler next up then the pattern is pretty much there.

So in line with predictions - Emma - NEW - Neb, then should be Dazzler.  Does appear 4s are more-or-less following the 3xnew, 2x classics.  Be nice if they told us.  

Guess this is there way to do something to help a little on covering new characters since removing vaulting, without you know just bringing back vaulting.
    Well, vaulting itself isn't the answer because then it would be hard as hell to cover older 4s for newer players if they just did the latest twelve. A mix of vaulting with allowing people to add in 4-8 more characters would be the best system to me. You get the latest characters covered quickly and you can work on the older 4s that you care about and then swap them out for other ones whenever you want.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:
    Punter1 said:

While it is true that increasing the number of "guaranteed" progression covers and reducing the rate of acquisition from tokens mostly evens out if your aim is to get 10 covers for SHIELD Training or 13 to champ them, things diverge once you start trying to level the character higher.
    Presumably the devs believed that some portion of the player base want to level new characters up to a high level and are not particularly sensitive to the price.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Not arguing that vaulting is the perfect solution, merely that it was a solution that has previously been in place that did what they're trying to achieve with the rotation slightly better.

Vaulting - allowed for more speedy covering of latest 12 and meant they gained levels quicker than the rest making them catch up to older characters and therefore more usable.  Sure it wasn't great for older characters, but if the rotation was less focussed on the new then old ones came in more often (still not that often to be fair) and the BH set-up is the current solution in place to "help" with dilution.

More frequent NEW 4* as essential - could be argued that covering the latest is even easier than vaulting, at least more guaranteed, but then getting them more covers and therefore a bit more usable is just as frustrating as for any 4* now given the current dilution.  Also the thinning out of older characters as essential hurts progress on those too.  So worse of both worlds?!?  

Neither solution is great, something else needs to be done to improve odds and help with covering all characters given the ridiculous dilution.  However give me vaulting over current rotation if I had a choice.

Anyway Dazzler is up next...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    R166 is in app store... it usually takes several days to get accepted there, right? How is it possible we dont get a preview of that?
  • Brigby
    *(11/19/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 DAY EVENT!!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Enemy Of The State 7 Day Event. Yeeessss!!! Been waiting for this one.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy to see Enemy of the State, just not over a holiday weekend. Would have been a great time to do a raid event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to miss my Wolverine.