X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (11/7/18)

124»

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I've been using my newly champed XPool along with Carol/C&D (Carol and XPool at 5/3/5).

Match Red whenever possible and let Apoc match Black with gives more Red (thanks Carol) to get rid of the AP drain. The extra Black from C&D means you get rid of his count downs easily too.

I usually finish him off with an XPool Red (15K) + Carol Black (13K) though round 7 with extra damage from C&D Purple/Yellow or XPools Purple as required (depends on how many strikes you have out from Carols Blacks).

What's nice is XPool heals from his Reds so he essentially heals all match damage with 1 Red cast so often I've taken next to no damage.

1 Health Pack through round 7 when once I couldn't get one of Apocs black count downs before it expired.

KGB
    Thanks, that actually worked and I did not even have to fire his red. A small cascade with a lot of his purple cd:s out killed him off. Hah!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    And to add insult to injury so to speak, the sub nodes are all required. Awful event.
    The same way they are, and have been, for every single boss event I can remember playing for the past 2.5 years? 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been trying a bunch of different teams.  Some worked much better than others.

First time I fought him, I remembered his attack tiles, but forgot that you had to get rid of them to remove one of the Horsemen.  I went with Kraven/Carnage/Medusa.  It worked because he was only LVL 4 or 5, but that fight was excruciatingly long.

Switch/Jean Grey/Vulture is a really good one.  Purple and Blue to get rid of special tiles, and I'll once again say that champed/boosted Teen Jean is a cheat code.  Sub in 4-star Star Lord in goon nodes for her, and you're doing 8000+ AOE damage for 8 purple AP.

Hulkbuster/3-star Cyclops/Nightcrawler is one my son has been using.  You can get so many reds on the board between Buster's blue, Cyclops's yellow, and BAMF can throw down lots of red after either of those abilities goes off.  Infinite BAMF is, as always, a fun possibility, and the match 4/5 from it will occasionally destroy a countdown tile even if you don't go infinite.  Nightcrawler's blue is better than normal here, since Black is Apoc's most powerful and he doesn't have a power that uses it.  Same holds true for Mordo's purple.

In the 5-star world, Black Widow is surprisingly useful.  Being slow isn't an issue in the boss fight here, and all of her abilities hit like a truck.  Her purple can also remove countdown/attack tiles, and for the first time ever, I got the extra damage out of her red ability, giving her 27K damage for 12 AP.  I've teamed her with HalfThor and Silver Surfer for blue and charging tiles up for the "I just want to end this one quickly" fights.  Firing off all three of BW's abilities took a full health Apoc out in one turn in LVL 7, doing about 40K of damage total.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used the same team every time and was able to destroy him without the use of packs.

4* X-23 L293 (boosted)
    4* Cyclops L288 (boosted)
    5* Thor L255 (unboosted / half health)

1) The 4*s completely tank for Thor who just sits in back fueling Cyclops red/yellow and X-23 green. 

2) Prioritize red matches early (eventually Thor will remove most from the board) because one “Strongest Will Survive” will one hit KO an unleveled half health Thor. 

3) Once red is scarce I just switch to green/purple/team-up matches so X-23 will tank and heal. 

4) I usually build up the AP for a couple X-23 green hits, a Cyclops blue (from the all the AP left on the board) and a Cyke red super nuke. Basically just spam all those powers at once to drop Apocalypse.

5) Since X-23 is tanking I usually leave full health. Cyke can get as low as half after finishing all clears but is full again but the time the nodes refresh. Not using my L303 Jean Grey for Apocalypse she’s usually my go-to for the side nodes. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remembered a bit too late for it to matter that Kate Bishop is quite effective against Apocalypse - just fire her blue and he can't Rejuvenate. And IM40 could feed her blue AP to get going faster too... Oh well, maybe next run.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know how the boss node scoring works given Apocalypse's Rejuvenation power?  There were a number of people in my Alliance with (very basic 1* - 2* rosters) and 0 scores, and I'm trying to figure out whether they were joining and not participating or just failing due to the increasing difficulty of the nodes over time.  Previous events awarded "partial credit" on failed boss attempts for damage done, but Apocalypse requires you to defeat the Four Horsemen before you can do damage (assuming you can't down him in a single turn).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, we did pretty bad on this one. I missed a couple rounds of clears, and we had the same lackadaisical engagement we typically get on alliance events (11 entered, maybe half that playing hard), so I didn't even get full personal progression this time. We barely scraped by and got 1 Lady Thor as a group.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    And to add insult to injury so to speak, the sub nodes are all required. Awful event.
    Can't say I noticed this much. Sure, all the sub-nodes have tile movers (most of them, certainly), but I can't say it was any more annoying than simulator.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know how the boss node scoring works given Apocalypse's Rejuvenation power?  There were a number of people in my Alliance with (very basic 1* - 2* rosters) and 0 scores, and I'm trying to figure out whether they were joining and not participating or just failing due to the increasing difficulty of the nodes over time.  Previous events awarded "partial credit" on failed boss attempts for damage done, but Apocalypse requires you to defeat the Four Horsemen before you can do damage (assuming you can't down him in a single turn).
    That's the bad thing about this one.  If you can't beat the horsemen who does that power you won't get partial credit.  Partial credit is based on the bosses health at the end of the match.  I think you can technically get partial credit by doing a move or a match and then aborting very quickly before the Rejuvenation kicks off, but then it's only what you can do in a round.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    If you get all 4 horsemen and then deal him damage, you will get points, even if you cant down him. If you dont get the horsemen you get 0. However even if you get 0, it does open the side nodes, which they should be able to do, at least in the first 3 or 4 mission changes.... At least the ones like storm etc that are characters everyone has. Even 1* rosters. Noone should end up with absolute 0 really....