3.0 Release Notes *Updated (11/13/18)

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gabrosin said:
    Brigby said:

There is no way to disable a Jump-start spell in your Graveyard. A confirmation prompt will appear each turn.
    As a practical matter, this might get incredibly annoying in long matches. The confirm prompts added for the Flash ability, while necessary, are already mildly annoying... a graveyard loaded up with Jump Start cards you don't necessarily want to use, each one prompting you on every turn, might tip people over the edge.  Can we not add a "Never" option for this ability?
    Why would you want a "Never" option?  The whole point of Jump Start cards is to cast them multiple times.  Otherwise there are better options to use instead.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Exactly... if you aren't going to use the intriguing feature of the card... then you probably don't want to use the card.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added additional information on Rising Tensions event
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    • It is a Daily, Standard, PvP, non-Coalition event, with 4 sequential nodes that work with the same unlocking rules from Trials of the Planes.
    • Each node has its own color combination, according to one of the Guilds from GRN
    • The nodes order changes daily.

Does this mean with 4 nodes and each node a different color combo/support, that every day one of the guilds won't be represented? And I assume that would be a different guild each day for 1 cycle of the event?
  • Brigby
    stikxs said:
    Brigby said:
    • It is a Daily, Standard, PvP, non-Coalition event, with 4 sequential nodes that work with the same unlocking rules from Trials of the Planes.
    • Each node has its own color combination, according to one of the Guilds from GRN
    • The nodes order changes daily.
    Does this mean with 4 nodes and each node a different color combo/support, that every day one of the guilds won't be represented? And I assume that would be a different guild each day for 1 cycle of the event?
    Yes, that's correct!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby said:

Will there be any new coalition events upcoming in this set? The number was reduced by 50% when Oktagon took over, I didn't think there'd he potential to furtherly lower this :/
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @Mburn7 Good questions! I did some tinkering around with the Jump-start cards a test build, and this is what I found:

Does Jump-start autocast?
    Yes. Once the card acquires enough mana, it will autocast that tu
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby said:

Will there be any new coalition events upcoming in this set? The number was reduced by 50% when Oktagon took over, I didn't think there'd he potential to furtherly lower this :/

50%? based on what numbers? When they took over we had

Post Hibernium period

1. RotGP : every weekend

2. Trial of the Planes

3. Training Grounds

4. FiRF (maybe... once or twice since Hibernium closed its doors)

5. EC (maybe... once or twice since Hibernium closed its doors)

Oktagon:

1. TotP

2. TG Legacy

3. TG Standard

4. RotGP

5. AM

6. FirF

7. EC

8. Duels

9. Dragon War

10. A world reborn

looks like a 50% increase to me

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brakkis said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Brigby said:

50%? based on what numbers? When they took over we had

Post Hibernium period

1. RotGP : every weekend

2. Trial of the Planes

3. Training Grounds

4. FiRF (maybe... once or twice since Hibernium closed its doors)

5. EC (maybe... once or twice since Hibernium closed its doors)

Oktagon:

1. TotP

2. TG Legacy

3. TG Standard

4. RotGP

5. AM

6. FirF

7. EC

8. Duels

9. Dragon War

10. A world reborn

looks like a 50% increase to me

The number of Coalition events that comes with each expansion

AKH
    - Trial of Strength
    - Trial of Ambition
    - Trial of Zeal

HOU
    - Hour of Revelation
    - Hour of Devastation
    - Return of the God Pharaoh

XLN
    - RtO

RIX
    - BoFT

DOM
    - AWR

M19
    - TDW

GRN
    - None

I started the week AKH was added to PQ. I don't know how many coalition events the previous sets each had but given the number of legacy events from each of them, it was more than 1.

Also, the frequency of coalition events. We were running a midweek and a weekend coalition event each week. Now we run only a weekend event and sometimes not even that.

I remember Hibernium trying to run a midweek coalition event may be twice and caught living hades in the forums for doing so. Coalition events are traditionally reserved for weekends and had been for ages.

While Hibernium may have pushed out more events per set, I am no fool to think those events went smoothly. they were riddled six ways to sunday with bugs. Something that seems to be a conundrum lately with Oktagon. Players are grateful that they aren't trying to shove out as much as possible without regards to the bugs being created... events included... because that is exactly what Hibernium did. On the other hand, many of us are long time players and are craving new things, new events, new anything... but are we really wanting them to do this when I can easily go to the bug forum and point out all the issues we have? heck we all know how duels turned out.

As for my answer above, I was referring to what was in play during the time periods. We actively have more events now than we did with hibernium. new ones? no... but more events regardless, even if they are older events mixed in with the new.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Gunmix25 said:
    Brakkis said:

Also, the frequency of coalition events. We were running a midweek and a weekend coalition event each week. Now we run only a weekend event and sometimes not even that.

I remember Hibernium trying to run a midweek coalition event may be twice and caught living hades in the forums for doing so. Coalition events are traditionally reserved for weekends and had been for ages.

Twice is incorrect.
    Midweek coalition events were run for several months. This changed around October 2017, at which point numerous people bemoaned their absence.
    In fact, many of us "grew up" on a schedule of a two-day midweek event, a day off, a three day weekend event, and then another day off until the cycle started again.  There were indeed complaints about the midweek event when they removed the day off in between them, but a lot of us have continually asked for midweek events to return on the same on/off schedule with 24 hours in between events.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I like casual midweek events. AWR is the perfect example of an event that would perfectly fit into my schedule, while being totally boring during the weekend.

And well..whether it's half the number of events or just a third.. It's not about the numbers, it's about the direction. We used to have at least one pvp and pve event per set (I actually didn't count hor and the other pw introduction events since it's basically the same event every set). The thing is, now we get one event per set and it appears like this set will have none at all. We don't even run an event every weekend anymore, and got duel decks in replacement (which would be cool if it was (adding my preferences)).

And then, the coalition events they schedule show now love or passion, it's just repeating the same tinikitty until eternity. When will we stop seeing an event that was supposed to be run three (!) times ?

I've got the feeling they're trying to get away from the coalition thingy.. Which would be a bad, bad choice, regarding how many people are only in her for the community.
    I'd leave today if it wasn't for the community I'm in. Most of the communities would vanish without coalition events.

Edit : corrected autocorrect
  • Brigby
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the upcoming 3.0 build.

If you wish to discuss the history and scheduling of coalition events, then please create a new thread. Thank you!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    So we'll get five exclusive cards in the first week and then dupes forever?
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Free orbs though, and you can use the cards. The alternative is putting the cards behind a rank wall or something and then you get no orbs and don't get to use the card until you get that good daily rank or whatever.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or we could get no cards at all which has been the norm for daily events.  :|
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    stikxs said:
    Free orbs though, and you can use the cards. The alternative is putting the cards behind a rank wall or something and then you get no orbs and don't get to use the card until you get that good daily rank or whatever.
    The one thing I sort of liked about Duel Decks were the non-dupe rare card packs...  That would be a cool regular reward...