emma frost, again...

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
as the placement 4* is usually the featured 4* for the next pve, why emma frost again? if you want to pump the tires on new characters just bring back 2X odds in pulls instead of forcing us to use them over and over. she's type garbage to boot.

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems strange how obsessed they are with her. 
  • jredd
    her and dazzler have been featured significantly more than the usual 4*. and they're both turrible.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    They’ve been featuring newer characters more often which is nice because we have a chance to champ them much earlier. 

I’m guessing this is the new solution to dilution. Maybe they think events will be played more/competition will be increased if they offer the chance to champ/roster newer characters up front. And for those who don’t want to bother they still have a 1/75 chance to get a cover (1/225 for a specific color) pulling from tokens. 

P.S. Emma does suck but Dazzler is pretty awesome. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They’ve been featuring newer characters more often which is nice because we have a chance to champ them much earlier. 

I’m guessing this is the new solution to dilution. Maybe they think events will be played more/competition will be increased if they offer the chance to champ/roster newer characters up front. And for those who don’t want to bother they still have a 1/75 chance to get a cover (1/225 for a specific color) pulling from tokens. 

P.S. Emma does suck but Dazzler is pretty awesome. 
    Creating a problem only to then spend time working on a solution to their own problem which doesn't involve simply undoing the original problem?
    That's definitely the Demiurge way =D
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    And she is terrible.  One of the worst 4* that has been released in a long long time.  
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I agree-- it's nice&appreciated that they're letting us cover the newer 4* quicker, but being forced to use the same ~three 4* in PvE as required characters over and over and over makes PvE incredibly stale. That way, the required characters repeat quicker than the events repeat, even!
    That may work for the 5stars, but for the 4stars it's really boring and unfun.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Kinda feels like they're rewarding more Emmas cause they might make her a feeder for Kitty. Kinda lessens the backlash when choosing a newer character as a feeder in a way. 

Not like they've been pushing Nebula as much.

Nevertheless, the emphasis on new characters as rewards I can get behind as I rarely ever pull a new character from vaults.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between 1:14 chance of getting a new 4* and a guaranteed chance of getting new 4* covers, it seems that guaranteed covers are not as exciting as covers gained from RNG. 
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I have Ghost and Wiccan since they got in the game and they've been essential for what? Two, three times? This flood of Dazzler (great), Nebula (okay) and Emma (garbage -or niche, if you're into that kind of thing-) is really irritating and should stop 
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    The E4 rotation is currently LLLVV, with latest being the last three releases in tokens. The change happened shortly after Emma's release. That coupled with Taskmaster causing no rotation last season means she's been in the queue a long time.

This is her last hurrah though. It'll be close to a year before she pops up again (special event tie-ins not withstanding)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Emma is poor but I really appreciate the way they are offering latest fours making them easier to cover and countering complaints about the loss of latest 12. It’s very quick still to get 13 covers on a new 4*.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to be gaining covers for older 4*s as well though. If they want to do this, then at least chuck an older 4* cover into progression rewards. 
  • jredd
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    her and dazzler have been featured significantly more than the usual 4*. and they're both turrible.
    Dazzler is the opposite of terrible. 
    really? doesn't seem that good to me. maybe terrible is a little strong. mediocre at best work better for you?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    really? doesn't seem that good to me. maybe terrible is a little strong. mediocre at best work better for you?
    If being able to neutralize Grocket teams after the first move is now seen as "mediocre at best" then sure. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    If being able to neutralize Grocket teams after the first move is now seen as "mediocre at best" then sure. 
    To be fair Kraven can do that as well.  Not only that but he doesn’t have to tank to do it, can turn those strikes against them, and do passive damage each turn. And he is still very much garbage. Dazzler is different because she can counter the meta and actually brings something else to the fight as well. Mainly that sweet sweet spammable AOE. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    To be fair Kraven can do that as well.  Not only that but he doesn’t have to tank to do it, can turn those strikes against them, and do passive damage each turn. And he is still very much garbage. Dazzler is different because she can counter the meta and actually brings something else to the fight as well. Mainly that sweet sweet spammable AOE. 
    He's pretty niche but I wouldn't say that he's garbage. He neutralizes enemy tiles and has a solid nuke as well. His blue ability is awful though and could use a rework.
  • jredd
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    shardwick said:
    jredd said:
    i play in 5* land. not bragging' just saying'. grocket teams aren't on the radar. so i admit, i don't know what i'm talking about. forgivesies? that being said, there are 4* characters that are pve useful. she's not one of them.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dazzler...   lets look at her numbers...  hmmm, no, that is just terrible.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find Dazzler is pretty fun as a Story Mode essential (and that is pretty much any time I would play a new fourstar). Her green AoE means she can clear out the loaner node pretty Quick, and that's where it makes the most difference for me. It was extra fun when she was paired with Mohawk Storm and later Rocket and Groot to boost the damage...