Domino (X-Force) (10/29/18)

13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the interest of being on topic: I love Domino's animations. Her cascade generating antics were loads of fun, I can't wait to start mixing and matching her into board shake teams. I have a feeling an all-X-Force team would be pretty great with her, particularly if the opponent's strongest color was black. XFW with that black nuke, XFDP dropping CDFW tiles on black...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved comments discussing S.H.I.E.L.D. Training to separate thread located HERE
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby

I just played her Shield Training node and I have a question about her Black power (I ended up having 30 Black by the time I won since none of the 3 characters had an active Black power :'( ).

It says it boosts the chances of Black tiles by 100%. Is that a true 100% or a quasi 100%. By that I mean the gem drop percentages are 15/15/15/15/15/15/10 with the 10 being team ups.

So does her Black power change it to 30/15/15/15/15/15/10 (30/115) which is 26% which isn't quite 100% more Black so I call this quasi 100%. Or does it now go 30/12/12/12/12/12/10 (30/100) which is 30% and a true 100% more.

If it's the latter (borrowing from other gem chances) then how does it work at the other cover totals (1,2,3,4).

KGB

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that one of the characters she'll go well with is one that was used (on an enemy team) during the SHIELD Simulator - Agent Venom.  She makes black tiles all day long, and AV's got a really cheap black that hits like a truck for 5 AP.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I kind of want to run her with Magne2o and C4rol as well, get that entire board wipe, re-filled with mostly black, photonic barrage meltdown
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of want to run her with Magne2o and C4rol as well, get that entire board wipe, re-filled with mostly black, photonic barrage meltdown
    Sounds
     like the beginning of a Combined Arms team, though you can't play Domino and C4rol there. Maybe Domino/Hood/Magneto? With Domino feeding black AP Hood should be able to lower Magneto's countdowns...
    Another version would be 3* Magneto and 2* Ms Marvel. Use Ms Marvel's yellow to pump out teamup tiles, then blow them up with Magneto's red. Not as nice a color spread there though.

• Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I think Cyclops would probably work better than Hood for combined arms. His yellow could help with cascades, and could abuse that raining black for his Full Blast. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xavier_Mc said:
    I think Cyclops would probably work better than Hood for combined arms. His yellow could help with cascades, and could abuse that raining black for his Full Blast. 
    Storm would be my first pick, but Doom is not amused that you forgot about his black ability in the 3-star Tier either...and with his blue making even more black tiles?  Watch out!

Maybe Domino/Quicksilver/Hawkeye?  Quicksilver's black could move tiles around to help with the criticals or his Supersonic.  You're missing yellow in this team
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    For Combined Arms I might run Domino/Fist/Hawkeye for that speedshot action. Or Domino/Mystique/Magne2o - let mystique create blues and blacks, domino can drop in some blacks, magneto can make blues/reds and crush the whole board and mystique can burn the black you're stacking up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Just realized that there doesn't seem to be a Domino-related support. The support vaults usually go live at noon EST on Tuesday, so we are a day behind Schedule.

Not that I mind not having a new support to chase every two weeks, mind you. It would be pretty nice if the support distribution system could be reworked.

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I find her kind of... boring? Mainly because you don't know whether the black tiles you get are from her black passive or not. I mean, I get how it works, but in terms of seeing the actual effect it feels like she's not doing much.  I suppose there isn't much you can do and just have to play and feel like you get more black tiles than usual with her in the team. 

It also doesn't help that her other powers are nothing but board-shaking abilities. Her black passive is the only thing that is unique and exciting, but because it works behind the scene, it isn't exciting visually. Not a bad character though, since I teamed her up with boosted 4* Wasp in the recent events and I felt that I could fire her black power more often than usual.