Is Facebook backup platform agnostic

cozmo1682
cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
This might be a silly question - but is backing up to Facebook OS agnostic?  IE if one switches from Android to iPhone or viceversa will the save file load no issue?

Comments

• KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    It is platform agnostic. It can technically even be used to play from multiple devices and keep progress across both, though it is not intended for this purpose.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    That's the first time i see agnostic used in this sense. I was somewhat expecting a philiosophical/theological debate on Facebook ;)
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Dogface said:
    That's the first time i see agnostic used in this sense. I was somewhat expecting a philiosophical/theological debate on Facebook ;)
    Same here.

To answer the question:  I have used FB to switch from Kindle Fire HD tablet to Android table to Android phone.  All with no problems.  The save feature kept everything as it should.  

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    My first thought was that facebook is platform atheistic: It doesn't believe in any operating system!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
     Question has been asked and answered. Will lock this thread in 24 hours to make sure this info is percolated.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Really?  "Platform agnostic" is a fairly common term.  I see it all the time.  That being said I'd be interested in a good old fashioned debate.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @cozmo1682 . If you have any questions about the save feature, you can check out our FAQ page for more information: Save Game Questions