X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (11/7/18)

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Oh look, it's still the same single player rewards structure that has 8been used for 3 years.

Seriously, 2.520 ISO for a full personal clear is a joke.
    So is 50 HP.

You have Shield Clearance Levels.
    Use them.
    I haven't ever been too critical of the rewards, but using the SCL to base rewards does sound like an idea that they should think about.

If the rewards were something like...
    2 HP x SCL
    20 ISO x SCL

Or whatever... I'm not doing full math right now, just posting an example.

You'd think that this structure would reward and incentivize players to keep playing.  Keep playing, keep leveling, get more stuff.  Simple.

Maybe that's not feasible with CP, but I think it works with the other resources.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Oh look, it's still the same single player rewards structure that has 8been used for 3 years.

So is 50 HP.

Use them.
    I haven't ever been too critical of the rewards, but using the SCL to base rewards does sound like an idea that they should think about.

2 HP x SCL
    20 ISO x SCL

You'd think that this structure would reward and incentivize players to keep playing.  Keep playing, keep leveling, get more stuff.  Simple.

Maybe that's not feasible with CP, but I think it works with the other resources.
    Bowgentle does make a valid point.

I've not had time to play Simulator properly at all this time around (not even to get progression for Domino's cover :( ) but just by playing the left hand side matches once each I could bag the 3500 Iso prize. That seems insane in comparison.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    PiMacleod said:
    Bowgentle said:

So is 50 HP.

Use them.

2 HP x SCL
    20 ISO x SCL

You'd think someone would have though of this by now, oh wait, I bring this up every boss event, it's just ignored.  I used to love boss events, but more and more I dislike them as the rewards continue to stale a gross cracker instead of a delicious biscuit.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I don't know. Four 4* covers, 2 LTs, and a nice enough chunk of CP... all for, what, less than 2 days' worth of work? And a substantially more casual, relaxed, and breezy two days than typical PVE? I'm fine with that.

Trust me, I'd LOVE more Iso-8 because I am wildly in need of it at the moment, but overall, I think the rewards on Boss Events are pretty generous for what they are.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:

I don't know. Four 4* covers, 2 LTs, and a nice enough chunk of CP... all for, what, less than 2 days' worth of work? And a substantially more casual, relaxed, and breezy two days than typical PVE? I'm fine with that.

Trust me, I'd LOVE more Iso-8 because I am wildly in need of it at the moment, but overall, I think the rewards on Boss Events are pretty generous for what they are.

I cant argue too much with you... 

But I wanna clarify that my # x SCL idea was ideally meant for any/every event.  Make SCL mean something more than just a chunk of ISO we claim once in a while (that is, after you've unlocked all 9 levels of entry).

Plus, it promotes more gameplay because each step of progression rewards can be a multiplier based on SCL, which would only grow as you play more.  It's a self feeding system.

Of course, you can NEVER please the masses, though.  You could implement this change today, and there would be players that wouldn't find this fair.  They would think the raw number isn't high enough, or it's too unfair to entry level players.  This suggestion is purely to make use of a system in place, to mitigate a problem that some players have.
  • DAZ0273
    PiMacleod said:
    NotBAMF said:

I cant argue too much with you... 

But I wanna clarify that my # x SCL idea was ideally meant for any/every event.  Make SCL mean something more than just a chunk of ISO we claim once in a while (that is, after you've unlocked all 9 levels of entry).

Plus, it promotes more gameplay because each step of progression rewards can be a multiplier based on SCL, which would only grow as you play more.  It's a self feeding system.

Of course, you can NEVER please the masses, though.  You could implement this change today, and there would be players that wouldn't find this fair.  They would think the raw number isn't high enough, or it's too unfair to entry level players.  This suggestion is purely to make use of a system in place, to mitigate a problem that some players have.
    True. There are players who think it is unfair to even run boss events regularly because for them it a downgrade on prizes.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wish that Mr. F cover was blue! Otherwise, all the rewards will be champion rewards apart from 2* Torch - go go Johnny! I guess that is OK.

I figure this boss is also perfect to chuck my fledgling 2 cover Kitty Pryde at boss Apocalypse for some lower rounds as her Circuit Breaker power should mess with Pestilence special tile malarky straight off the bat (I'll bring along boostedTeen Jean for insurance and Cyclops for the big boom/AP creation).
    Trade you one of my six blue saved covers for a yellow or black.
  • DAZ0273
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wish that Mr. F cover was blue! Otherwise, all the rewards will be champion rewards apart from 2* Torch - go go Johnny! I guess that is OK.

I figure this boss is also perfect to chuck my fledgling 2 cover Kitty Pryde at boss Apocalypse for some lower rounds as her Circuit Breaker power should mess with Pestilence special tile malarky straight off the bat (I'll bring along boostedTeen Jean for insurance and Cyclops for the big boom/AP creation).
    In a heartbeat, I have both those colours banked!
  • broll
    NotBAMF said:

But that is exactly the problem.  Those are great rewards for a more relaxed alliance that usually doesn't get those.  The relaxation is nice for some and frustrating for others.  The whole point of SCLs is challenge and rewards are not one size fits all in a game with this much character and level sprawl that takes years to get from new to 'end game'.  If SCLs were applied people that wanted more challenge and/or better rewards could get them while those who are fine with the old events could choose a lower one.  I would think that if/when they finally add SCLs to boss events the default rewards would be SCL6 or SCL7, with a few up from there for those who want more.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    PiMacleod said:
    Bowgentle said:

So is 50 HP.

Use them.

2 HP x SCL
    20 ISO x SCL

You'd think someone would have though of this by now, oh wait, I bring this up every boss event, it's just ignored.  I used to love boss events, but more and more I dislike them as the rewards continue to stale a gross cracker instead of a delicious biscuit.
    Failing to use SCLs has also made these boss events less fun because they've been surpassed by the strength of the characters. When you're in 3* or even 4* territory (as long as Grocket/Gamora aren't boosted) they're entertaining because you have to think differently to play the event and win. With champed 5* characters you can pretty much overpower them all. You definitely don't have to think much until the final level of the boss.
    So you either have to artificially limit yourself and choose weaker characters, or you just waltz through it and the interesting element of these things is largely lost. Use the SCLs and you could both sort out the rewards and push up the difficulty for people using 5*s to give them a challenge again.
  • broll
    edited November 2018
    Richyyy said:
    broll said:
    PiMacleod said:
    Bowgentle said:

So is 50 HP.

Use them.

2 HP x SCL
    20 ISO x SCL

Failing to use SCLs has also made these boss events less fun because they've been surpassed by the strength of the characters. When you're in 3* or even 4* territory (as long as Grocket/Gamora aren't boosted) they're entertaining because you have to think differently to play the event and win. With champed 5* characters you can pretty much overpower them all. You definitely don't have to think much until the final level of the boss.
    So you either have to artificially limit yourself and choose weaker characters, or you just waltz through it and the interesting element of these things is largely lost. Use the SCLs and you could both sort out the rewards and push up the difficulty for people using 5*s to give them a challenge again.
    Agreed.  Apocalypse is probably the best example of this also.  When it came out I wasn't in 5* land yet and it was quite challenging and very fun.  The last few I've been in 5* land have been way too easy and very boring.  Kill the boss with a one-shot and ignore the horsemen, even in round 8.  Boring...
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Actually this time Mr F's colour be Blue or Yellow as I remember the last time he was essential in PVE, he was a Black cover as progression reward. I'm greatly accept blue or yellow as my Mr F is 3/4/5.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely poor rewards but I never complain when I get Saturday and Sunday off. 

Awards need a bump but it is nice getting a break.  Personally be using it to grind Shield Sim and PVP.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    It's such a shame that they came up with a new alliance event that had rewards at good levels that made everyone happy... then went right back to running all the old alliance events with the same old reward tables that haven't changed for eons (bar adding useless red iso). Come on, you've shown that you know what the reward levels should be for a newly installed alliance event - just bring them into play for these ones you've been running for ages.
    That was an anniversary event. The awards were special for a special celebration - 5 years for a mobile game. I think it's unfair to expect that as the new norm.

I'm actually curious when that event will be run again and if it would have the same level of rewards. It would surprise me if it became a part of the regular rotation of events with that reward structure, but time will tell.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I'm fine with most of the rewards, but find it kind of funny to look at (after the riso increases everywhere) the fact that we get more red iso now than normal iso in these boss events.

I actually value red iso more, as I have nothing to use my normal iso on at the moment, so I'm fine with that; but I'm sure many disagree.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Sweet, my recently champed Thor is going to get some covers!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Actually this time Mr F's colour be Blue or Yellow as I remember the last time he was essential in PVE, he was a Black cover as progression reward. I'm greatly accept blue or yellow as my Mr F is 3/4/5.
    His progression cover is black. The progression cover in an event is always the second 4* cover that was rewarded in the previous event.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    Richyyy said:
    It's such a shame that they came up with a new alliance event that had rewards at good levels that made everyone happy... then went right back to running all the old alliance events with the same old reward tables t
    You really expect these boss events to have 8LT's and a bucket of CP each time they run one? Even if they ran that event again outside of the anniversary I will be amazed if it's not a lot lot less rewards for your time.

The trouble is they raised expectations and now the entitlement bar has also been raised.

Three four stars covers and a couple of LT's for so little work, where else can I get rewards like that for so little game time?
    It's not entitlement, it's just the expectation, with maybe some inflation sprinkled in.  Read the rest of these comments for a better idea of what people are asking for, i wont rehash them but it always bugs me when someone always tries to brush off someone else asking for more rewards as just entitlement.   If you want to say we dont need better rewards, run the numbers and make the argument instead of using the buzzword used these days to imply laziness. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Richyyy said:
    It's such a shame that they came up with a new alliance event that had rewards at good levels that made everyone happy... then went right back to running all the old alliance events with the same old reward tables that haven't changed for eons (bar adding useless red iso). Come on, you've shown that you know what the reward levels should be for a newly installed alliance event - just bring them into play for these ones you've been running for ages.
    That was an anniversary event. The awards were special for a special celebration - 5 years for a mobile game. I think it's unfair to expect that as the new norm.

I'm actually curious when that event will be run again and if it would have the same level of rewards. It would surprise me if it became a part of the regular rotation of events with that reward structure, but time will tell.
    There is probably a happy middle ground that could be reached.  Run the event again, maybe not quite as many rewards, but better than (EDIT) what they show for XvA.  Its apples to apples.  When they first ran XvA, there were how many 4*?  How many 5*?  There are over lets say 50 something and maybe 20?  Now there are 71 (excluding limited) and 29.  One LT back then gave you 1 of 75 rewards, now it gives you 1 if 100.  

So no, i dont think it is unfair to ask for more rewards when the value of the reward went down 25% due to inflation (or is it 33%?  Where are my accountants and math junkies?)

Edited to fix what i was talking about
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Alliance boss events are all about all for one and one for all, so allowing SCL seems to be contradictory because it doesn't adhere to this. If one member chooses, SCL 5, other SCL 6 and others SCL 9, there are no sense of alliance. It's just another PvE with no need to speed run the events.

Places of Power is different because the objectives and the designs are clear. There's no boss as well.

I think it's pretty relaxing and easy to achieve rewards for boss events. There are fewer total nodes to clear to get the rewards too.