X-Men Vs. Apocalypse - Event Details (11/7/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the event details for the upcoming X-Men Vs. Apocalypse event!

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    This is my first time playing this event, so I’d love some recommendations on 3-star teams to use on Apocalypse. I have all of them champed. My 4-star tier currently has Vulture 3/3/3 at level 188, Deadpool 2/5/3 at level 147, America 2/4/3 at level 127, and then almost everyone else at level 70 which makes me think they’ll be too squishy to be of help (like Jean Grey is 4/5/4 but I don’t have any iso to get her higher, which sucks cause from what I’ve read in other threads, it sounds like she’s really helpful in this event). 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    This is my first time playing this event, so I’d love some recommendations on 3-star teams to use on Apocalypse. I have all of them champed. My 4-star tier currently has Vulture 3/3/3 at level 188, Deadpool 2/5/3 at level 147, America 2/4/3 at level 127, and then almost everyone else at level 70 which makes me think they’ll be too squishy to be of help (like Jean Grey is 4/5/4 but I don’t have any iso to get her higher, which sucks cause from what I’ve read in other threads, it sounds like she’s really helpful in this event). 
    The big things you will want is a way to get rid of Countdown tiles (abilities that tile-swap, overwrite, etc.) and to be able to put a lot of damage out from unloading abilities in one turn. Getting rid of the Pestilence or Famine powers are gravy, but you can get by with them staying active.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Xception81, do you know the basic mechanics of how Apocalypse and the Horsemen work?   For the time being, i’m going to assume that you do.  Otherwise, definitely search the older event threads for an explanation.

For 3*’s, IM40 will get you the AP you need (both to negate a horseman and to deal large damage if you do just down the boss instead of getting all the horsemen first).  Because the AP destruction is on your strongest color, you can manipulate that to be one which is unimportant to you (like, on a passive), which helps.  Boosted 3* Cyclops is deadly for single-target damage (with the horsemen still around, he’ll still basically cruise rounds 1-6 for you).  If you have a green 5* Phoenix cover, I like her as a third on that team, as green would be your strongest color, but you don’t need to worry when it’s drained and she can resurrect from getting downed by one of Apocalypse’s countdowns.

Since you have a solid 4* Jean Grey and boosted Scarlet Witch will tank all her colors, that’s a great team here, too, although you NEED someone to make anything but purple your strongest color, and with Teen Jean only at Lv70 you’ll be more pressed to do damage than you should be (leveling her to at least 150 should help without breaking the bank for iso, if you can)

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this boss event, but these are not enticing rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this boss event, but these are not enticing rewards.
    2 easy legendary tokens 4 easy 4* covers for champ rewards, plus decent iso and a couple days off from PVE sat and Sunday.  What’s not to like about that?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I'm certainly happy about a black cover for my 5/4/2 Mr. Fantastic!
    EDIT: Just pulled a yellow for him from a LT. Even happier for the black cover now, since that'll let me champ him. ISO permitting, of course.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost every cover rewarded will be a saved cover for me. Yay for future rewards? Well at least I can finish off my Mr Fantastic if I don't get his black from Simulator.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    My Lady Thor is looking forward to going from 3/2/4 to 4/3/5 with this (+the following PvE that should reward a yellow makes 4/4/5), awesome! She was stuck at 0/0/4 for the longest time.
  • azninvasion2000
    azninvasion2000 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    did this event start? i can't find it
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    did this event start? i can't find it
    Should start today. Boss events normally start on Thursday at the time the second PvE starter time ends. You don't get much in-game warning; it often just shows up an hour before it begins.
  • azninvasion2000
    azninvasion2000 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    o wow i'm an idiot, my bad. the thing said 11/7 so i was like ****
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    o wow i'm an idiot, my bad. the thing said 11/7 so i was like tinykitty

That's the date it was posted. :)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture should be helpful.  His blue can help you remove attack tiles and Death countdowns, and if you structure your team so that your strongest colour is one that he generates it will help deal with Famine.
    You could pair him with characters that will help keep him in the air (e.g. Iron Fist), and maybe people who can better use the green AP he generates.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish that Mr. F cover was blue! Otherwise, all the rewards will be champion rewards apart from 2* Torch - go go Johnny! I guess that is OK.

I figure this boss is also perfect to chuck my fledgling 2 cover Kitty Pryde at boss Apocalypse for some lower rounds as her Circuit Breaker power should mess with Pestilence special tile malarky straight off the bat (I'll bring along boostedTeen Jean for insurance and Cyclops for the big boom/AP creation).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely poor rewards but I never complain when I get Saturday and Sunday off. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    My 5/5/2 is Mr Fantastic is thrilled for this event!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I figure this boss is also perfect to chuck my fledgling 2 cover Kitty Pryde at boss Apocalypse for some lower rounds as her Circuit Breaker power should mess with Pestilence special tile malarky straight off the bat (I'll bring along boostedTeen Jean for insurance and Cyclops for the big boom/AP creation).
    My Kitty is up to 8 covers, so I’ll give her a try.

To the devs:  It would have been nice to update the boosted list to include her, even though the boost isn’t that large.  And what about Gambit?  Archangel?  Emma? Dazzler? Jubilee?  Maybe there’s a limit to the boosted list....but there are a lot of recent Xmen not on the list.