Did you notice something we didn't get?

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

It occurs to me that it's Wednesday after a new character release and there's no new support specific to her.  I know they're not always prompt in announcing those, so I just checked, it's not in the "supports" screen.

I don't think this is particularly a bad thing (a new character-specific support every time we get a new character seems excessive, to be honest,) but this is the first time they haven't done so, so it's notable.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering about this too. I think they might have finally change the timing to make support appear after announcing it in the forum. Let's see if it's true in 6 hours.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it's not 12pm EST yet, but perhaps they will stop with new supports until they "work out" the distribution problem.  It's a fool's hope.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably just forgot to set it live.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I thought that too.. Do they normally drop while shield training is still running? Maybe they are finally gonna implement a way for us to get them with out having to pay for them or pray to RNG for a token in that “Near” impossible vault.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I didn't notice, no. Since the game does its best to prevent me from gaining any new supports I have a hard time feeling any excitement or eagerness for new releases. I don't really pay attention to when new ones are supposed to arrive and when it happens all I can do is shrug.
    Yeah, this was my response exactly.  I've purchased the HP deals for all but 2 or so of the new support releases, but I only have three supports not available in the standard support tokens to show for it...and one of those is the Wasp Gauntlets they gave us, rather than something I pulled from a token.  RNG giveth and RNG taketh away, I guess..
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed. The new support vault usually goes live on Tuesday at noon EST, so it should have showed up yesterday.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed too. Last month, I decided to finally start saving any Basic Support tokens until there is a change to their contents.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Maybe they finally gave up on supports!  *fingers crossed*

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
    No worries.  There will be more Supports later. The devs have hundreds of potential Supports in mind, according to the interview they gave the podcast in the spring.

I am hoping the pause leads to some token updates and possibly distribution changes.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    I didn't notice, no. Since the game does its best to prevent me from gaining any new supports I have a hard time feeling any excitement or eagerness for new releases. I don't really pay attention to when new ones are supposed to arrive and when it happens all I can do is shrug.

"Oh a new support. Let's hope I can get it within 3 days"
    "Oh, I didn't get it. Guess I'll just forget about it forever."
    Well, considering they haven't added those new supports to the basic token, you may as well forget about it, because there is literally no other way, correct? 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I think you're a week early in this assumption... I'll put money on next Tuesday being when they roll out the Support that will make Domino an even more solid character, as they want people spending money in the Domino and Friends Vault at the moment. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you're a week early in this assumption... I'll put money on next Tuesday being when they roll out the Support that will make Domino an even more solid character, as they want people spending money in the Domino and Friends Vault at the moment. 
    Hasn't
     stopped them during previous releases, but I suppose it's possible they are trying a different schedule this time. We will see.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Well, considering they haven't added those new supports to the basic token, you may as well forget about it, because there is literally no other way, correct? 

Not quite - the tokens that come with a new support access all the supports, with the exception of Taskmaster's sword (Cable's support tokens didn't get that, so we can assume that will be the case going forward.)  I actually got several of the later supports with my 100hp token buys when that Vault is open.

Regardless, new character = new support is just plain a waste.  If they're going to give us new supports they should be interesting things like, say, the Ebony Blade (the Black Knight's sword,) the Danger Room, etc.  They definitely had to work for some of the newer ones...

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Dormammu said:

That's...kinda the whole point of my joke XD
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Domino does not have a corresponding Support, and it may not necessarily be the case that all characters will have a corresponding Support either.
    can it maybe be the case they scrap the whole supports idea altogether? it didn't work.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Domino does not have a corresponding Support, and it may not necessarily be the case that all characters will have a corresponding Support either.
    Please consider making it a case for all characters.  Supports are bad, chronically bad.  In the past I've been criticized for not being constructive with my criticism (I was early on but gave up on it eventually), so here we go with constructive criticisms:
    1.  I get that RNG is vital to parts of the game and it's structure, but putting RNG into the actual support moves is terrible IMO.  Change all the moves to be things like "base damage increased by x%" or "Powers boosted by x%" or "X% increase that new tiles will be x color" or "x% higher health" or "x% damage resistance" or have them add abilities, like adding a 4th ability.  I don't want a boost that x% of the time does nothing. 
    2.  How to get them is atrocious, it's been said enough, I won't beat that dead horse.
    3.  Having so many of them linked to primarily be useful with one character is a horrendously bad decision.  So you have a bad chance to get the support you want, dilution is so bad it's quite likely that character isn't roster/champed/at the level you want based on your level, then on top of that you apply it and it only works x% of the time.  RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG so you have something that's probably useful 0.00001% of game cases.  Man I'm excited!
    4.  No matter how you fix them they won't be for everybody.  Rather than trying to force them on your players, let them choose how and if they want to use them.  Give an option to convert PISO to RISO and vice versa.  Vets with lots of unusable PISO "post ISO players" can convert it to RISO and max out their supports sooner, a reward for being a loyal player.  People who don't like supports, can't get supports, have theirs currently maxed out, or just have higher PISO priorities, can covert their RISO to PISO.  Choice is always better!