Happy Wasp Exodus Day! May the odds be ever in your favor...

Options
1235»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I opened 12LT and 1200 CP

got 3 Loki and 4 Cable covers 

so now have 6 cable and 9 on Loki , no kitty at all for some reason 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since my Loki is at a comfortable 1/1/2 while I have no Kitty, I'm choosing to sit on my baby hoard of 32 LTs and 1137 CP until either Loki rotates out or instant gratification gets the better of me, whichever happens first.

Any bets?
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Opened 40LT, 1100 CP, got 8 Loki (he's fully covered now).  Got 4 kitty to no 1/2/2.  Got 4 cable 0/1/3.  Hate getting so many Loki, wanted more kitty n cable but it is what it is.  Oh forgot 1 5Thor (BH) but useless color as he was 5/2/5.  

Back to Hoarding mode until Loki leaves.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    109 pulls.

26 5*s pulled.

I know it sounds unbelievable.   Probably my best pulling ever.  I recorded it too, and posted it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_l2H5JmjYJo

Enjoy.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Loki - 3/4/3 => nice distribution, but I don't want him
    I'll take those Loki covers you don't want.
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    109 pulls.

26 5*s pulled.

Dude... great pull!!!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    109 pulls.

26 5*s pulled.

I know it sounds unbelievable.   Probably my best pulling ever.  I recorded it too, and posted it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_l2H5JmjYJo

Enjoy.
    Umm. Are there any 5* left for when I open in a couple weeks!?

kidding... congrats!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    I'm still not sure if I want to spend my current small stash yet (about 25 tokens, 500 cp, from the top of my head).

While I don't hate Loki, mine is now 2/4/1, and he feels kinda 'meh' to me. His purple is pretty cool to play around with and packs a decent punch, but I always have trouble keeping his *slow* green repeater tile alive. And while his black is nice on paper, I have never triggered it even once. 

Thoughts?

Regarding Loki - his purple is fairly good, particularly combined with a good black user like JJ or OML.  You wait until you have 11 purple and there's at least one black match on the board.  You cast it, match those black to propagate the tiles (you'll kill all but one if you cast it again immediately,) and cast it next turn.  Then you can screw around with gathering more purple and/or black and maybe get another casting or two at varying levels.  It's not bad and it hits really hard, particularly if he's boosted.  Even in the worst likely scenario (no matchable black, at least 3 black useable tiles,) it's 11 AP for 27k or so damage, and that's quite good.

His black is a really awesome concept and incredibly in-character, but in a practical sense it's almost entirely useless.

His green is, IMHO, "What were they thinking?" levels of bad.  3 Turn repeaters are incredibly vulnerable, even fortified, and go off maybe once or twice a fight.  It just plain doesn't do enough to justify it.

So... yeah.  One good power, even on a color that is low on good powers, does not make for a real worthy addition to your roster.  He's mediocre at best.

Anyway, I pulled a few more CP because I felt lucky.  I was  - I did get another Loki, but another Kitty and Cable as well.  So all in all, 53 pulls, 9 5* pulls (with 4 Loki, 2 Kitty, 3 Cable) with 3 BH (2 Kitty, 1 Cable,) so all in all 4 each.  I'll take that any day!  Now back to hoarding until Laufeyson is out...

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Late to the party and absent from forum for a while due to work... 

I started with 117 latests, approximately 2.9k cp. 

4/3/4 loki
    0/1/0 kitty
    1/0/1 cable. 

Pulled 128 latests (cashing in champ rewards as I did) 

End:
    460 loki (12 covers)
    1/3/2 kitty (5 covers) 
    450 cable (10 + 1BH)

tinykitty pryde looks like she's in trouble... I guess I should have let her have BH at the start. 

Still have reserves of 3.2k cp (more than I started with :) hopefully the next 5* is not waspish and kitty stops scorning me. 

Meanwhile riding my newly champed cable hard...if you know what i mean. ;) 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just pulled a fourth yellow Cable. He's 1/0/4 now. I can see where this is going.