Are they good enough as initial 5s?

Options
lakantanz
lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
I have now gotten to the point that I have only five 4 star champions left to do and have thankfully a pretty good 5 star situation backing that up to follow finishing them off.

At 13 covers:
Archangel, Ghost Rider, Infinity war Captain America

At 12 covers:
Doctor Strange, Thanos, Iron Man, Gambit

At 11 covers:
Jessica

And many others catching up.

However, the first three at 13 covers worry me?  There doesn't appear to be much in the way of synergy and haven't exactly got top marks when people talk about them?

Should I hold off till others are higher covered or would those three be fine?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you just had your three at 13 covers I'd be worried too, but you have some good ones in the 12 cover list and JJ is pretty awesome. If I were you I'd try and finish some of those with HfH offers and hold off on Archangel, Chrome Rider, and Lumbercap 'till after.
  • lakantanz
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Since the original post I have had thor get to 13 covers, Jessica has stubbornly stayed at 5/1/5 but okoye has reached 4/3/4.  My plan is to finish her once cap leaves tokens.  I think with her, beard cap  thor, archangel and ghost rider I will have a good start when i make the plunge.

Having said that I've just championed Ghost and shes a fun 4 star too :)
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okoye with Thor is the new meta pretty much, so yes you’re set 
  • lakantanz
    Options
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Lakanta/

I have now championed Okoye, Thor, Thanos and Captain America (Infinity War).

Thanos seems a terrible pairing with Okoye and Thor due to keeping Thor low health, though he is an alternative to repetitively retreating in an event to damage him.

Captain America seems ... slow, though potentially a way to bring back Thor if I'm to get unlucky.

As a default, I have been tending to use Chavez as the third with Thor and Okoye for clearing quickly (PvE and shield training).

I'm working on leveling the other 13 covered characters slowly, but I'm not sure on the priority for where next now.

Black Bolt is my bonus hero as he is well covered and nearly there.  Medusa is too, as I have now championed all four stars who can have a bonus hero for now.

With what I am missing, what do you recommend?  Or just keep an eye on upcoming releases and start to hoard?

Thanks in advance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am kind of curious what the rest of your roster looks like, not just the fivestars. But Thor, Okoye and Chavez is absolutely a potent team.
  • lakantanz
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I am kind of curious what the rest of your roster looks like, not just the fivestars. But Thor, Okoye and Chavez is absolutely a potent team.
    4 stars range from 333 with rogue to freshly champed with dazzler and nebula.

My three stars and two stars I have farmed though that may transition to dupes for 3 stars in the next 6 months or so.

Perhaps the one element I haven't talked about is that I am in a casual alliance and while they can get all the covers in a boss event I have never got a single reward cover from alliance placing.  I'm wondering if that is something I will have to change soon.