Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm actually starting to warm up to 5* Wasp. I mean, for all her faults, she does tank both black and blue for Vulture ;)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm actually starting to warm up to 5* Wasp. I mean, for all her faults, she does tank both black and blue for Vulture ;)
    So, Wasp's only use is being a warm-body 5* character then?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    So, Wasp's only use is being a warm-body 5* character then?
    Or a VERY tiny meat-shield.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Shame that Hela isn't the next 5*. If she was, we'd have a Latest Legends trio of Hellokitty.
    To quote the great philosopher Zoidberg, "You're bad, and you should feel bad."  :smile:

Too bad they don't have any 5-star PvP right now.  You just know that Hello Kitty would be the name of it...
  • TPF Alexis
    On a different topic, why does wannabeskrull get to have two Iron Mans on his team when we can't ;)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just max champed Strang3, which means he's now on the same screen of my roster as 5trange. Which feels kind of, well, strange.

As a 1*-->2* transitioner, I had three different Black Widows on the same page since they were all ~Lv40 at the same time    Fortunately they all look very different.  I suppose you'll now have to think about who your selecting if you're in a hurry since the character portraits are quite similar.  

On a different topic, why does wannabeskrull get to have two Iron Mans on his team when we can't ;)

Iron Man, Riri & Warmachine is close enough for me.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of them is a skrull.
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    Let's see, I've got Silver Surfer; he's a former Herald of Galactus and wields the power cosmic. I've got Thanos armed with the Infinity Gauntlet; the entire universe bends to his will and he's dating Death. Then I've got Phoenix, another cosmic force who can destroy planets and darken suns.

Fighting them are two thugs with pistols and a ninja armed with caltrops.

(Sometimes MPQ is ludicrous in a very amusing way.)
    There's one node in Thick as Thieves with just Maggia goons that I used to always take on with Thanos, Silver Surfer, and Black Bolt, for whatever reason*. I always used to think about how that must feel, as some Maggia thug, who's been told that the Dark Avengers are running interference for them on this heist, to have that trio drop in on them and just start thrashing people.
    *I think those were just my convenient disposable 5* at the time.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited November 2018
    I feel like one of Domino's powers, either green or black, should have been called "Set them Up", since both of them help make "Knock them Down" more effective.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sometimes read OBW:s purple power as Aggressive bacon
  • sambrookjm
    Today's First World MPQ problem - Gladiathor is the required 5-star character in the Simulator PvE.  He's also one of my champed 5-stars, so it was *really* hard to get him down to half health.  I had to use Thano5 the first three times I used him to knock his health down far enough.
  • TPF Alexis
    I'm starting to get really annoyed by the game deciding that my unleveled 0/0/2 Domino is better than the 1/1/1 Loaner. I keep forgetting to switch, and then going for some board shake, and there's nothing there.
  • TPF Alexis
    I was using Wasp for a little while in Tough Luck, just for match damage, and I didn't have anyone else on the team with actives in her colours, so I was actually using her powers when I got the AP for them. It really is a shame that she's so terrible, because her animations are really cool.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Today's First World MPQ problem - Gladiathor is the required 5-star character in the Simulator PvE.  He's also one of my champed 5-stars, so it was *really* hard to get him down to half health.  I had to use Thano5 the first three times I used him to knock his health down far enough.
    My solution to this is to go do a pvp fight first then do my pve clears.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Still, there's something not right with a character being better at half health. Especially when people are getting Thor there by manipulating game mechanics (all legal though; not condemning anyone).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using Wasp for a little while in Tough Luck, just for match damage, and I didn't have anyone else on the team with actives in her colours...
    I love how any mention of 5Wasp use is always (and immediately) followed by a justification for said usage.
  • sambrookjm
    Dormammu said:
    I was using Wasp for a little while in Tough Luck, just for match damage, and I didn't have anyone else on the team with actives in her colours...
    I love how any mention of 5Wasp use is always (and immediately) followed by a justification for said usage.
    That fact that it's being justified by someone who has Wasp as their avatar is the icing on the cake. :smiley: