That PvP opponent you just know you should skip...

BigSoftieFF
BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
So for me, and my alliance knows this all too well, I detest fighting America Chavez teams. It doesn’t matter what level they are, if they’re champed, or who their teammates are one things for certain...I’m gonna have criticals dropping from the sky on me by the time they make their 3rd move. I hate the RNG that makes her a such an absolute beast and it seems like I am always playing from behind when in a match with her. 

Just today day I took my loaner Domino, champed Wasp, and champed TAH in a match against loaner Domino, LVL 315 RR, and a LVL 200 Chavez. sounds like no biggie right? Wrong! I won but it cost me two health packs as they were getting huge crits in move 3. SMMFH.....

Who else has someone out there that they know they should skip but like a dumbass chooses not to?

Comments

• Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Boost all ap+1
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Mujo5 said:
    Boost all ap+1
    Been there done that to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Using half Thor, I can get ahead of America pretty easily.

The opponent that always seems to pwn me is Jessica Jones. The trap tiles always seem to appear in the worst places and I just get shredded.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Okoye + Medusa is my worst enemy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jessica Jones. Without fail, at least a couple of her traps will spawn right where the enemy can immediately match it away.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love facing Chavez. If you outpace her in AP, then she literally does nothing. Just a warm body. There’s plenty of characters that allow you to do that at every level from Hood to 5* Thor

Okoye is easy as well. Leave her for last. She drains her own teamup AP and can’t heal. When she’s all that’s left she’s easy to bring down. 

For Rogue, bring a stun. A stun and a nuke allow you to bypass her tanking.

For Jess... I’ve got nothing. My guess is she’s the best defensive character in the game. You can do everything right and they can still place a trap and match immediately.  No counter for that lol. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Teen Jean 
    My poor impulse control has me M5, even in the middle of repeating the mantra "don't match the 5don't match the fivedon't ma-ooohhhh a match 5!- Noooooooooo"
    Even if I remember I get the "lucky" cascade  
    she just throws my specials back at me
    and she's my unicorn finally up to 11/2/4; with buying every cover, BH beast, etc (Angel will just give me ANOTHER purple next, and he sucks)

JJ/america teams will always get crazy crit drops matching the traps and match 5's! If only I had a certain pyschic 4* (No not Emma)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Things that will happen when I fight Prof X:

Enemy Prof X and I choose not to bring Teen Jean – Prof goes invisible and then the other team gets to spam multiple Match 5’s

Enemy Prof X and I bring Teen Jean – Prof doesn’t bother going invisible so I get no benefit for having 2 aoe attacks and the other team will limit themselves to match 4’s.

Otherwise Chavez and Jessica Jones are up there but I hate fighting 4* Iron Fist as he always seems to get his green then black combo going for major kung-fu-ness.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree Chavez can be such a pain to fight. And while a +1 all helps some of the time, it's still not a guarantee. Problem is that once she gets her crits rolling, this very often leads to match-4's or match-5's, making it even harder to catch up on AP.

Another opponent I hate is C4rol in a PVPs where the featured character is likely to have the highest match damage because that will probably mean your strongest colors will match.

A recent PVP battle that (unpleasantly) surprised me was a 5Hawkeye/Coulson combo (can't remember the third team member, possibly Switch?). My own Hawkeye is only 0/2/2 so I didn't really know about his passive. But once they fired some powers, it turned into a blue-spam / AP-gain fest for the AI.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I always try to skip Rogue. I also skip Carnage & Medusa combos. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    1)  JJ (jealous I don't have her blue)
    2)  Chavez (love my Chavez, hate all other Chavez)
    3)  Rogue (fires 345,000 damage, takes off 65 health)
    4)  Strange (either, bleeds me, annoys me)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez just goes first, it's as simple as that. I like to use Okoye + Medusa against her and just match team-up tiles at the onset of the match. Yeah, I'm going to eat a couple crits, but Chavez will be gone in 2-3 turns and Okoye can heal it back later.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Gladiator Thor. Every so often, I forget what a nightmare he is to fight. "Oh, I can take him before he starts the nightmare engine," I think. Then he gets all the green...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring G4mora to any annoying character fight. that mega-cheap stun paired with a blue generator like Vulture means it's stun-lock city. There is no single character I'll fundamentally skip, just characters at a level higher than I can compete with. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,520 Chairperson of the Boards
    C4rol vs. C4rol fights. I always think I'll be fine, but there's inevitably a cascade that makes three matches in my strongest color out of nowhere. 
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Rogue in the 35-55 point range but if the team is worth 75 pts, you're going down suga.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    In three star lands, I skip Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch. 

I will almost always skip Ghost, America Chavez, C4rol, R4G, Medusa and JJ. 
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    1)  JJ (jealous I don't have her blue)
    2)  Chavez (love my Chavez, hate all other Chavez)
    3)  Rogue (fires 345,000 damage, takes off 65 health)
    4)  Strange (either, bleeds me, annoys me)
    1) I agree, although I have her.
    2) I bring gambit, even weak gambit helps. If she's not boosted I normally don't worry.
    3) Yes, super infuriating
    4) JJ and half Thor have completely neutralized his threat to me now. I rush in headlong.

I skip Medusa and Okoye combos, and I should skipe JJ and Okoye, but I've had good luck occasionally and tend to just rush at her.