4* DDQ - Winter is coming for the Panther

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Level 283 5/5/3 Winter Soldier

Barely won after bringing +2 RED/BLUE/PURPLE/ALL because Winter Soldier is such an awful character. Easily one of the most poorly designed characters in the game and damage totals on his red/purple are outperformed by 3-stars.

Token to the post-Loki hoard.

Comments

• Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I was going to post Wakandan King vs One armed Jesus... (HiSHE reference) for my part it took 4 tries and multiple boosts for my 139 0/3/3 to win. The first two events none of the colors went my way and I was beginning to feel like I was not going to be able to make it. The third event I had a flicker of hope that was killed when he fired off battle plan for the second time. It came down to the wire but he defeated me with just 230 health left. Then the fourth event the board changed, red flowed like wine and after the second time placing called shot, and matching it, the king was dead. Long live the King!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Level 277 3/5/5 Bucky slaughtered the King of Wakanda. Got red off early and matched it immediately to finish with over 15,000 health left. Token sits collecting dust until the “Agent of Asgard” moves on,

On a side note I’m somewhat looking forward to the upcoming Sam Wilson Crash as Ive never done it and heard it’s tough. I blew 377k iso in preparation 😁.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 Lvl280, first try. I did take a bunch of AP boosts in, but it wasn't really an issue, because the board was really heavy on red and purple. Used purple a couple of times to keep Panther from getting enough AP for his yellow or black, and then a final time to let me match away my Moving Target countdown for the win.
    Token waiting for tomorrow, when Wasp leaves.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 180 5/3/4 Winter Soldier got it on 3rd attempt but had to bring some AP boosts. First 2 times were close but I managed to scupper his plans with my purple stealing his black and then finally got my red countdown tile in a matchable location to finish Panther off.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Barely won after bringing +2 RED/BLUE/PURPLE/ALL because Winter Soldier is such an awful character. Easily one of the most poorly designed characters in the game and damage totals on his red/purple are outperformed by 3-stars.
    Huh. I didn't have nearly that much of an issue. Level 278, 3/5/5, no boosts. Got 12 Red AP, denied black for a bit until there were several Red matches on the board, fired Red, and matched it away.

I'm pretty sure only 3* Spider-Man has damage that comes anywhere close to Moving Target. He's not that terrible. Just slow.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Huh. I didn't have nearly that much of an issue. Level 278, 3/5/5, no boosts. Got 12 Red AP, denied black for a bit until there were several Red matches on the board, fired Red, and matched it away.

I'm pretty sure only 3* Spider-Man has damage that comes anywhere close to Moving Target. He's not that terrible. Just slow.
    His purple does anemic damage for a 4-star, especially at that cost (8 AP). His red does 4450, 7072 if I match it, for 12 AP (!). Compare that to 3-star Cyclops (max champed) who does 5276 on his red for two less AP and 7064 on his black (10k if the red is on the board) for 13 AP. Other 3-star out-performers are Magneto and (as you stated) Spider-Man.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Options
    First go with my 3/5/5 lvl 274 Bucky - never fired purple or red, but I did use blue. BP matched one of my trap tiles which meant 1500 extra damage each turn, and the other 3 trap tiles did 7500 damage when the countdown finished, so this one was over pretty quickly.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    First try with my 277 3/5/5 Bucky. I managed to stall a Rage with purple, and then used Moving Target - it did over 10k to the Panther (I wasn't able to match it, as it landed in a corner), and the fight was pretty much over. I used Detonator and took him out with serious overkill, dealing almost 11k to the persnickety pussercat (he had less than 400 health left). Whee!

My reward was a Loki Black, bringing him up to 1/0/1.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Dormammu said:

His purple does anemic damage for a 4-star, especially at that cost (8 AP). His red does 4450, 7072 if I match it, for 12 AP (!). Compare that to 3-star Cyclops (max champed) who does 5276 on his red for two less AP and 7064 on his black (10k if the red is on the board) for 13 AP. Other 3-star out-performers are Magneto and (as you stated) Spider-Man.
    Well, sure, at 3 covers Moving Target doesn’t do great damage. Does anyone?

At 5 covers and 278 its 10k, or 14k if matched. Easily enough to end a crash.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Dormammu said:

Why are you putting him at 5/5/3? Everyone knows Bucky's Purple does rubbish damage. The only reason to use it is for its utility: stealing AP and/or setting up his own Red. Set him to 3/5/5 and leave him there forever.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Good question. Probably because that's what he was when I champed him and I never bothered to change it because I never use him?
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Didi it with my lvl 150 3/3/2 White Lion. gave him the ap and dmg boost 100% and got lucky at the first try with some lucky cascades and double moving target, triggert by a preciosion strike. 

Sometmie it's all about luck.