How often do you get a Support Token?

2»

Comments

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Every time I get a support and open it, it winds up being a duplicate...never anything new.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I never really tracked it, but I'd guess it's super infrequent. maybe once every 3-4 weeks? I don't know. I do know it's always disappointing when I get one. I'd rather pull a 2* cover for my farm; how sad is that?

That said, I do use the supports I have. I have a max'ed 2* Milano on R&G, a max'ed 3* Element Guns on Star-Lord, and a max'ed 3* Chimichanga on Gamora. They are all helpful at making PVE a bit faster, so I do appreciate that, at least.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, probably 2-3 times per month.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    I have been saving up Support tokens for well over 4 seasons (5 if you count Anniv Season) and I am now up to 15 standard and 4 advanced tokens. All advanced tokens came from season rewards, the standards from Vaults mostly, last 2 from the Halloween Vault for instance. With the notation that I don't open Vault tokens when there is not at least a 4* cover that is needed to get a character closer to 13 covers, so I don't open a lot of those tokens, I think that this is a very limited number in the time given.

Add to that the fact that the Support tokens have not had an update for a long time, and I only lack the Blackbird Support so far, I see no reason at all to open any of those tokens in the foreseeable future. My only hope is that there was a post not too long ago that the devs were looking at the availability and contents of Support tokens, so fingers crossed.

I quite like the idea behind Supports I must say, but the implementation so far has been really poor in my opinion. I bought some tokens with Hero Points early on and got a 4* Milano form there and that one has been very useful with 4* Gamora/Grocket. After the first few new Supports the rate of new Support introductions has been such that it has kept me from any new purchases, because of the lack of updates and because there seems to be no (decent) plan behind any of this feature. I really hope this changes in the near future.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR said:
    If you are playing the 5E node in SCL 7+ and hitting full progression without late joins, you should be getting a Basic Support token about every two weeks on average from Story Vault tokens (RNG doesn't make this exact).
    Umm... what?!?

I do play scl7, and make full progress every single time, all 6/6 clears, from the beginning. Granted I only have the latests and not the classics when it comes to the 5e nodes, but I simply cannot!! spend hp on a vault.
    With 5-10 coins for a vault, and ~80 items per vault, I definitely do not stumble across a support token every 2 weeks! No way!
    (I usually get a bunch of 2* and a 3*, if I'm lucky I get more than one 3*)

Between the pym gauntlets (which I think was the last free thing they gave out) and now, I have only managed to pull a support token 1 single time (and it was a 1*dupe). 

Just saying... I would love to get a support token every 2weeks. But that is not happening.

Edit: I just checked, Pym gauntlets were in July....
    Well colour me suprised: with my last (9th token) from the current venom bomb vault i managed to pull a beginners support token! Reset the clocks, countdown to the next one begins now...
     It was a 2* Korg btw, and since I only had a 1* this is actually an improvement for me. So, double yay?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    If you are playing the 5E node in SCL 7+ and hitting full progression without late joins, you should be getting a Basic Support token about every two weeks on average from Story Vault tokens (RNG doesn't make this exact).
    Umm... what?!?

I do play scl7, and make full progress every single time, all 6/6 clears, from the beginning. Granted I only have the latests and not the classics when it comes to the 5e nodes, but I simply cannot!! spend hp on a vault.
    With 5-10 coins for a vault, and ~80 items per vault, I definitely do not stumble across a support token every 2 weeks! No way!
    (I usually get a bunch of 2* and a 3*, if I'm lucky I get more than one 3*)

Between the pym gauntlets (which I think was the last free thing they gave out) and now, I have only managed to pull a support token 1 single time (and it was a 1*dupe). 

Just saying... I would love to get a support token every 2weeks. But that is not happening.

Edit: I just checked, Pym gauntlets were in July....
    Adding @Asmodaeus as well.

I will note that I was making an assumption that getting full progression from even playing means getting Top 300 for the sub-brackets as well. That has jived with my experience but maybe that does not apply on all SCLs and brackets.

Okay, 3 Basic Support tokens out of 80 slots in a standard vault. That means, over time and not RNG high's and low's, 26 2/3 vault pulls = 1 support. In a 2 week period, there is a Release event which uses a store instead of a vault, and three 3/4 day events that do (in the rare event of a 7 day event, it will line up like a 3 and 4 back-to-back). Each of those events have:
    • 2 event tokens in the event progression (for example, The Hunt has them at 10K and 37K)
    • Each sub-bracket has an event token in the 5* Essential and one for placing Top 300 in a sub-bracket
    • If there are survival wave nodes, there is often 1 or 2 event tokens per sub-bracket
    • (A 4* release has 3 "... and Friends/Foes" vault tokens in the PVP release event, but I realize many players won't get all of those)
    That's 8 tokens for about half the events, 6 for Deadpool vs MPQ, and 10-14 for the ones that have four subs (Venom Bomb, Thick as Thieves, retired Wakanda) or survival nodes (Strange Sights, Hearts of Darkness, the rare Enemy of the State run would count like 2 high token events, and I forget if Honor Among Thieves does). Adding those up will vary but should be close enough to the 26 2/3 mark for my "about every 2 weeks" comment. 

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well i honestly keep forgetting supports exist as i refuse to use them.

I have yet to use or equip a support on a usable character , i assigned the first support to a 1 cover 3 star that i deleted shortly after and i think a few of my uncovered 4 stars have them equipped 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Probably once every month or 2.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I think I’ve won 1 outright since they started supports, the rest were giveaways or tokens I got from buying an entire vault with my HP 

i cant remember the last time I got something new 

judging by by the amount of people who seem to only get dupes I’d say that RNG on supports is broken, spoiling a potentially interesting part of the game 

i like supports but it seems like it’s designed for big spenders who can afford to buy out those big vaults 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add them to the list of things I hoard in this game. Not opening now until newer ones are in the tokens. Should have started hoarding them ages ago instead of opening dupes.

Big supporter of the feature and hopefully they get an update soon.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

judging by by the amount of people who seem to only get dupes I’d say that RNG on supports is broken, spoiling a potentially interesting part of the game 

i like supports but it seems like it’s designed for big spenders who can afford to buy out those big vaults 
    Lol people got dupes because they keep opening tokens in the basic store instead of the new support store.

ie they opened their tokens in an old out of date vault.  

You cant actually get a token to a new support store without purchasing them via hp or cp.

every token you win from event vaults are to the old out of date store

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just got a support from the hunt. I seem to get them every other event or 2
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    There’s a way to get support tokens with out paying for them.........

sarcasm.... maybe?
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I suspect they lost the person who developed supports and no longer have the resources to develop them further. RIP
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost never.  I hoard my event tokens unless they are one-time vaults (PvP, new character release, alliance events, special events, etc).

Not that I'm complaining about not getting rewards I wouldn't use anyway....
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    My biggest problem with supports is that the only perks that are really worth anything to me are the rank 4s.   I've only managed one so far and unfortunately it doesn't do anything for the small handful of characters I actually use in PVE...so I'm sitting on close to 1 million riso with no inclination to invest it in anything.  If I could get a support with a perk that boosted red, black, green or even yellow AP I'd be all over it.