Spending CP on Dazzler

leopoe
leopoe Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
edited November 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone,
     My Dazzler is currently 1/3/5 and I would like to spend the 120CP on the last cover to bring her to 209 so I can get the Domino cover in Shield Training. Domino is a hero I really like the look of and feel she will do well in MPQ.
     Any suggestions if red or black is the cover to level? I am leaning towards the red.

leopoe

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you included the covers from SHIELD Simulator and the Meet Rocket and Groot progression in your calculations?

... Anyway, if you want another Domino cover you can just spend 120 CP on Domino instead of Dazzler.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally would not buy a dazzler cover,  but if you do buy the first cover to go

2/3/5.

that might help you champ her faster based on rng and possible 3* feeder changes
  • leopoe
    You've got a good point there Quebster which I hadn't thought of.  Thank you for the insight.

leopoe
  • leopoe
    *Quebbster
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Have you included the covers from SHIELD Simulator and the Meet Rocket and Groot progression in your calculations?

... Anyway, if you want another Domino cover you can just spend 120 CP on Domino instead of Dazzler.
    The first part I absolutely agree with and is something a lot of people forget. The second part, I think Dazzler would make sense since its like getting 2 4* covers for 120 CP.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you didn't get the black cover from Shield Sim yet then definitely go that route instead of spending the 120 cp. But, Huntah is right, spending the 120 cp on Dazzler in this case would ultimately get you one Dazzler cover and a Domino versus spending the 120 cp for just one Domino. For Dazzler though definitely spend the cp on her black to even her out a bit.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    120 CP is significantly more valuable than a single or even 2 4* covers (i.e. on average 1 5* cover and 5 4* covers). Try other ways to get that cover!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    put her as a favourite and pull lt's when cable comes in on monday.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    If you didn't get the black cover from Shield Sim yet then definitely go that route instead of spending the 120 cp. But, Huntah is right, spending the 120 cp on Dazzler in this case would ultimately get you one Dazzler cover and a Domino versus spending the 120 cp for just one Domino. 
    Dazzler and Domino covers and 2 additional pulls from the Meet Rocket and Groot tokens also. I'd still not bother paying the CP but I'm on 6 covers and waiting for Monday's mini hoard-breaking season to see how many bonus covers I can get. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not gonna say I've never contemplated it for characters with some permutation of 5/5/2, but that was in the days before cover saves.

Absent somebody who was both a) someone I've wanted forever AND b) good enough that I'd use them regularly, I can't see a scenario where I'd do it in a post-saves world.

But if both those conditions are met, why not? Can't put a price on enjoyment.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    I'm not gonna say I've never contemplated it for characters with some permutation of 5/5/2, but that was in the days before cover saves.
    I'm pushing the envelope with the cover saves for 5/5/2 characters right now; I've got a Moonstone that's 5/5/2 with 11 saved covers, and I recently got the third yellow cover for a Cap that had 13 saved covers.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    I'm pushing the envelope with the cover saves for 5/5/2 characters right now; I've got a Moonstone that's 5/5/2 with 11 saved covers, and I recently got the third yellow cover for a Cap that had 13 saved covers.
    I've had a 0/5/5 Ares with over a dozen covers saved before getting that Green.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with a lot of the other posters.  You have days left to complete Shield Training.  Set Dazzler as BH, finish PVP Sim, and get the progression cover from the current PVE.

If you don't make it by the last day, then you've got to make that decision.

Personally, I've only ever used CP to cover-level a 4* once.  And that was Taskmaster and only because I didn't want to stare at his un-champed face for a year.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    The 120CP cost for a 4-star cover is a gotta-have-it-now-I-don't-care-what-it-takes cost. We all know there's no value in it when that CP represents six pulls from the classic store.

My advice? Hoard your CP. Hoard your Heroic Tokens. Hoard your LTs. When Domino enters the token pool set her as your Bonus Hero and pull your hoard. You'll get more covers for her that way than you will buying one measly Dazzler cover for SHIELD Training.

The developers create this false sense of urgency by dangling that one cover out there and gating it behind the required characters needed to get it in SHIELD Training. Don't fall for it. You'll get your Domino fully covered quicker with a little patience and by managing your resources smartly.
    this simple and honest post is the most perfect, accurate, and insightful thing ever typed on these forums. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I have a 2/2/5 Dazzler and I'm spending the 120 CP so I can complete Shield Training.

I think the answer to the question comes down to where you are. As a late 4* player (40+ champs, another 15 waiting ISO, rest with 7+ covers) it's a good deal for me. That's because I get 2 covers for 120 CP. Since I'm not pulling classics (because I'm hoarding for a 5* push) I'm only forgoing approximately 4.8 pulls which is very minor since I'm getting 2 back in 4* covers.

I first tried setting her as a bonus and pulling from latest for a Cable but I got a Cable on the 7th pull (plus a Kitty!) so I didn't want to waste any more pulls there when a BH could easily be the green I already have 5 in.

I also know I could finish Shield Sim and get that 13th cover but that would take me 3+ hours of real life time I just don't have esp given I need to do potentially 40 wins to get the Domino cover.

Lastly I know I need to get 10 Domino covers in the next 3-4 months because she'll be a required for Shield Training before I know it and I'll only have 4 covers (2 from PvE, 1 Shield Training, 1 PvP) after her release.

KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    That still seems like a steep price especially the later you are in the 4* tier because the more champs you have the less of an impact any one will make on your roster. You will get her eventually and are still trading 4.8 pulls that have the chance to be a 5* for two pulls that have no chance to be a 5*. 

But I think everyone should play however works for them. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're sitting at nine covers and you have a Dazzler cover sitting in your Shield Sim then it just really doesn't make much sense to me to spend the cp considering that there are still just under two days to go to get the cover from Shield Sim. This is why I like to knock out my wins early on in a new season to get the cover so I don't have to be put into a possible position of having to scramble to get it at the last minute.
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2018
    Dude no, CP shall not be wasted on a 4*.  This should be rule #1 in MPQ.  Just grind PVE, there's free domino in there