4* DDQ: The bird who mocks vs. the hawk who nocks.

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
How did you do on this crash? My 273 5/5/3 Mockingbird made short work of Mr. Barton, thanks to a red-heavy board. He managed to launch one bola arrow my way, but the bomb went off before it could stun me.

I decided to save the token until a certain stinging insect leaves, but I pulled a classic legend instead. It was a green Wiccan, bringing him up to 2/2/3 (wish I'd had the extra cover during his crash!)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Similar story with my 284 5/5/3 Mockingbird. Unless there's a really badly red- and purple-starved board, this should be a pretty easy one for a champed Mockingbird, or even an un-champed one with 5 covers in red. Bombshell just does so much damage (mine actually does more damage than his full health) that it's probably over once that goes off. Barton did get a couple of arrows off, but he matched away his own Bola Arrow before it got fortified, and then Bombshell went off before the Explosive Arrow landed.
    Token waiting for Wasp to leave.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 279 5/4/4 Mockingbird won easily thanks to Hawk gifting her a free bombshell. Boom!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. Got off two bombshells early. Boooom... LT to the hoard.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    This was an easy Crash, didn't have to fire any powers as a 4-match set-up gave me a free Bombshell. 

Compliments to @PuceMoose for this beautiful title. I tip my hat to you sir. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    The key to the this match is Mockingbird's red thus it is quite hard for me as my Mockingbird is lv 209 2/5/5. But after 6 tries with boost 50% boost Blue and Purple damage, +2AP Yellow and Red and +30% Yellow and Red Damage.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave him the explodo because I am clever.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    My 2/1/2 Mockingbird is struggling mightily.
    I might have to let this one pass by.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Quebbster said:
    I gave him the explodo because I am clever.
    OK, I think that's enough Warren Ellis for you for a while ;)

Compliments to @PuceMoose for this beautiful title. I tip my hat to you sir. 
    I was thinking "Rock Out with Your Mock Out", but this is better, yeah.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 281 5/3/5 bird lady

My first three matches were red. Guess what happened next? Token to the post-Loki hoard.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Chased red and it was bye bye Barton.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
       Mine was an example of when Crash's go bad but I was just able to squeak it out with my level 282 Mockingbird.  The only Red and Purple I saw was the memory of my sons knee scrape he got the other day and red just never made a significant presence on the board during the whole match.  To make things worse he kept getting match 4's in colors I didn't have enough AP in, so he kept whittling me down with match damage to where before the final blow I had less than 1000 hp left. I was able to cast Red, finally, and of course he got two more match 4's in colors I had the AP which triggered bombshell both times; so there was actually 6 countdown tiles on the board before he finally got downed.  Classic example of "seriously now you decide to throw me a bone" :/  .
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Level 126 5/1/4. Red came early and he did not last long after a couple of 5 matches and the end of the countdown timers...  first try.