My New Favorite Winfinite

I've been having fun in Simulator this week with Medusa/Brock Venom/Nightcrawler; I can reliably produce high-AP winfinite chains using all of the board-shake and AP production options from this team about 75% of the time.

It's really a variant on the excellent Venom/Medusa/Gamora or Venom/Medusa/4Clops Teams (which both use Brock's Passive Enemy Shields to get easy AP production from Medusa), but the addition on Nightcrawler means a high probability of getting enough purple for a "Bamf" without actively chasing purple, which in turn increases the chances of starting a Purple overload cascade on the board.

From there you have the option of using Venom's very cheap green to get even more boardshake; and along the way you'll probably build up substantial stores of the other colors as well. The only downside is when you get Blue AP from those Venom shields, as Nightcrawler's blue isn't really useful with repeat casting (though if the enemy's strongest color is green, Blue can be a great option even at low AP to steal 4 green and start the cascade insanity over again!).

I would recommend trying this out for laughs if you have all the pieces, it's definitely not the fastest but it's pretty fun to play. Does anyone else have an under-the-radar winfinite they've been enjoying?

Tagged:

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    This reminds me of 3* mags, Kamala and storm (non 2*) team. Lots of board shakes (red, blue from mag, purple from Kamala and green and yellow from storm). Was helpful in the first boss rush since this team had more successful than Charlie’s angels. 

Can also sub in 4* cyclops instead of mags for more health and damage
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    The only winfinite I've ever truly leaned on at any time is Ragfinity. I never took advantage of 2-star storm, Charlie's Angels, Hulkbomb, or any of the others. Too gimmicky and unreliable, I thought. But Ragfinity is real.

Preach, brother!
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Ah... Charlie's Angels.  I shed a tear the day they ninja nerfed it and raised old Chuck's blue match damage.  >violin plays somber music<  lol
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been using Nightcrawler (308), Grocket (301), and Valkyrie (287). 

The strikes make the the bounty go off, fueling purple and allowing you to go winfinite if you have enough purple on the board (just match whatever color they say is strongest until it’s purple... or red. Dragonfang is worth bamfing red). 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    The only winfinite I've ever truly leaned on at any time is Ragfinity. I never took advantage of 2-star storm, Charlie's Angels, Hulkbomb, or any of the others. Too gimmicky and unreliable, I thought. But Ragfinity is real.

Ragfinity
    Ragnarok */5/*
    IM40 */*/5
    Riri 5/5/3

As all strategies involving IM40 go, get a Recharge off as fast as possible, matching as much red and blue as you can while protecting his countdown tiles. After IM40 fills you up with red and blue, cast Riri's blue Magnetic Repulsors as many times as you can or until your red AP total is 30. Now spam Ragnarok's red Thunderclap to fill the board with blue, causing massive cascades and blue AP generation. That will fill Riri back up who can go back to blue casts, which will fill Rags up to go back to red casts, onward and onward into infinity...

If at any time the winfinite stalls, you can delay the enemy with Riri's green a bit and attempt a restart. Once you're down to one foe with less than (X) health you can use Riri's red to finish them off.
    I actually like to substitute Phoenix for IM40 and you follow the same patter but start with her pink power, she tanks more and you have an outlet for pink and usually you collect enough red after the first cast to start the infinite loop.  Other than that this is the one winfinite combo group that works.  
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Felonius said:
    Ah... Charlie's Angels.  I shed a tear the day they ninja nerfed it and raised old Chuck's blue match damage.  >violin plays somber music<  lol
    I've heard of Charlie's Angels, but never knew the members or strategy.  Can you elaborate?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    Felonius said:
    I've heard of Charlie's Angels, but never knew the members or strategy.  Can you elaborate?
    Professor X, SWitch, GSBW. One of the two 3* needs to be highest level, so purple is the strongest colour for the team. SWitch generates purple with her countdown. This also frequently causes match-5s, which the Professor turns into more purple. Then Widow uses all that purple to generate as many green match-5s as possible. Which also generate still more purple thanks to the Prof. When the board's looking short on green, you should be in a position to wipe a good chunk of it with Sniper Rifle and/or Hex Bolt until it's got some good match-5 potential again. Every time you fire any of those, the Prof makes a strike tile (and an Attack and Protect, but those aren't going to be relevant), increasing the damage output of all of it just a little bit more.
    It's a slow team, takes forever to win with, but once it gets going, it's essentially unstoppable. Good for late round bosses or 75 point queues way above your level in Shield Simulator when it's early enough in the season that you don't really need to worry about getting hit during a match.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    heybub said:
    Felonius said:
    Professor X, SWitch, GSBW. One of the two 3* needs to be highest level, so purple is the strongest colour for the team. SWitch generates purple with her countdown. This also frequently causes match-5s, which the Professor turns into more purple. Then Widow uses all that purple to generate as many green match-5s as possible. Which also generate still more purple thanks to the Prof. When the board's looking short on green, you should be in a position to wipe a good chunk of it with Sniper Rifle and/or Hex Bolt until it's got some good match-5 potential again. Every time you fire any of those, the Prof makes a strike tile (and an Attack and Protect, but those aren't going to be relevant), increasing the damage output of all of it just a little bit more.
    It's a slow team, takes forever to win with, but once it gets going, it's essentially unstoppable. Good for late round bosses or 75 point queues way above your level in Shield Simulator when it's early enough in the season that you don't really need to worry about getting hit during a match.
    Cool.  So, how does it not work anymore?  PX doesn't generate AP on match-5 anymore?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    heybub said:
    heybub said:
    Felonius said:
    Cool.  So, how does it not work anymore?  PX doesn't generate AP on match-5 anymore?
    Because of championing, usually your Professor X will have your highest match damage on blue, so he won't make more purple for Black Widow to use.  It can still be effective when Scarlet Witch or Black Widow is boosted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nightcrawler/SWitch/Professor X is my new jam. Just get that purple, make those crits, get those points.
  • IMH
    IMH Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Prof X, Mr.F, and whoever doesn’t trump blue is great for a change in PvP. Silver Surfer or BiB Spidey are fine tanks to help set up, though BiB requires more planning if you can’t stun their whole team.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    IMH said:
    Prof X, Mr.F, and whoever doesn’t trump blue is great for a change in PvP. Silver Surfer or BiB Spidey are fine tanks to help set up, though BiB requires more planning if you can’t stun their whole team.
    I've used Coulson (when Prof X or Mr. F was boosted, to keep blue strongest) with those two.  He adds a tile swap on purple.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Nightcrawler/SWitch/Professor X is my new jam. Just get that purple, make those crits, get those points.
    During the Wasp & Antman release events they featured a wave node that was scaled to your roster and it was murderous!

I eventually cheesed my way through it each time by going BAMFinite.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    During the Wasp & Antman release events they featured a wave node that was scaled to your roster and it was murderous!

I eventually cheesed my way through it each time by going BAMFinite.
    I seem to recall using some Nico-based team to cheese my way through that node lol. Or it might have been MeH/Shuri/P4nther since that team tends to perform well over marathon nodes