Domino (X-Force) (10/29/18)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Is it actually possible for a normal human neck to bend that way?
    Yes -- it is exactly the same as the look you get from people from New York City when asked if they voted for Trump...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yesss. She releases the day before my birthday plus I have Dazzler champed. Now what to do with this 580k iso that I have saved up since Cage, Dazzler and Gwenpool are good to go.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fun partner for Domino will be C4rol if the other team's strongest color is also black. They may have a hard time avoiding matching themselves to death. Bonus if the other team also runs Domino, but NOT C4rol.

C4rol had her boost week not long ago right? Too bad, would have been a bit of an anti-Panthos team for Domino's release PvP. May have made things interesting. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Is it actually possible for a normal human neck to bend that way?
    Yes -- it is exactly the same as the look you get from people from New York City when asked if they voted for Trump...

Probably without the limbo dancing and gun-firing.
  • Ylva
    Ylva Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    As a newish player I can say from experience, the 4* tier looks more and more impossible with every release.  How does one EVER break into this level?  I don't have the covers to compete for new covers or the HP to roster everyone that's required for these events as they come out.  Alas, looks like a character that might be fun if I'm still playing three years from now and eventually somehow acquire the covers I need for her...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    This looks like the most annoying character since JJ for the AI. Really cool design, but the cascades are gonna stiiiiiiiink. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Well, at-least now I'll have a legitimate beef when I complain about the computer getting lucky.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    A couple of partners:
    -I am dreaming of an Agent Venom combo; not just ramping his cheap Military Might but once you have gone over into Alien weakness, of those 9 tiles you will get approx 3 back as black, depending on the symbiote tendrils you will stack the board in a few turns with a heavy back presence, trip her red for the kill which will cascade into a now military might for the icing
    -In the same vein; Drax(5/5/3)/warmachine(3/5/5)/ Domino(3/5/5); Running Domino at 3/5/5 cuz WM does a better shake feeding drax passive. I like the idea of Drax removing 15 tiles and putting 4-5 back. gatling gun putting 5-6, I think it's possible to see 7ish tiles go off for 9 Red; seems great value. Glut of red abilities but I think Dominoes is probably the nuke.
    -See also Hope
    -I think it's silly but I love the idea of TAwesome perpetual hot dog stand. Then when domino removes all those basics your left with a bunch of grouped charged tiles. Stone cold stunner w Jane foster or w/ Cable putting even more green charged out.  For a second I thought old lady Jubes would passive boost each of the Knock em down Tiles but I guess if Okoye can't mizz Lee don't either. 
    -I feel like there is some synergy with Nova and indiscriminate Strike production, Find someone like Emma w/ Labor for learning or Dazzler or MK's Lunacy and enough will be spawned on black tiles you'll be crashing in no time. 
    -I also like Hulkbuster gathering black into an Overdrive that gives you just enough to Knock em Down. With C&D you will pretty much always be knocking down at least 5.
    -Blonde widow stunning out the enemy team and making Enter the Fray ridiculous cheap,
    -She pairs really well with 4*Gamora: ETF will remove some of the purples you don't have special on and could trigger some Deadliest woman TKO's, plus just putting out enough Black to keep her deadly while reducing the chance of that basic purple dropping at the end of the turn.

my 0/3/0 Dazzler will cry during Shield Training, but there's no character that everyone will be happy with; So I'll get some free iso and a couple of tokens and be grateful for it.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    This looks like the most annoying character since JJ for the AI. Really cool design, but the cascades are gonna stiiiiiiiink. 
    Yeah, part of me is now wondering if the AI cascade change a few releases ago was in response to testing with Domino.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Domino's abilities look really cool. You can choose to destroy either 15 non-black basic tiles (23.44% of the board) or destroy half of the black tiles (including special tiles) on the board. Another way of playing with her is flooding the board with (fortified) strike tiles. Match damage gets weaker with each cascade, so putting many strike tiles out to guarantee a minimum amount of damage is a way of countering the side-effect of cascades. Team her up with Magneto to destroy team-up tiles to get more chances of black tiles dropping and more cascades. Save up 17 ap first.

As for S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, I'm a little confused. Isn't Dazzler the most requested and most popular character here?

Also, S.H.I.E.L.D. Training was introduced in September 2017. Before its existence, did the dev give the players another way to gain an extra new 4* cover through other other non-S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event? Did the devs shift that one extra cover to S.H.I.E.L.D. Training?

If S.H.I.E.L.D. Training was introduced to let players gain an additional new 4* cover and other resources on top of what they have been getting or earning regularly, I don't see how the devs can be called greedy. 

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    Domino looks neat. Basically an entire kit built on manipulating black, you can either purge it from the board, or purge everything else. She'd be a good sidekick for someone that uses it (shame that doesn't apply to Deadpool or Cable, but as a member of X-Force she could work with X-Force Wolverine, add more board clearing to the fight). Curious to see how much more black drops during Domino v Domino fights.
    Seems like she'll be a good fit with Vulture and C&D. With Vulture, you'll be collecting Black anyway to keep him Airborne. That's fuelled by Domino's Black and Cloak's passive Black, further boosted by Domino's Green destroying non-Black tiles. And of course, adding more Black to the board ramps up Domino's Red.

Given how much she interacts with Black tiles, Dr Doom (5 in Blue) and 3* Iron Fist are also great partners for her.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy Cascades Batman!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    New character release and DST ends,  what could possibly go wrong ?
    Think you need to say it 1 more time for the people in the back 
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I like her design. If I paired her with 3* Iron Fist that would generate a lot of cascades.
    Maybe Cloak and Dagger too.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    theomen said:
    I like her design. If I paired her with 3* Iron Fist that would generate a lot of cascades.
    Maybe Cloak and Dagger too.

As I already said, I like Vulture as a potential partner. Vulture can feed Domino red and green AP (keeping blue and black for himself), and Domino can make sure Vulture has plenty of black AP so he never stops going Airborne.

It does miss yellow and Purple to make a Rainbow team, which is why I like Cloak and Dagger as a third. :)

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Domino looks neat. Basically an entire kit built on manipulating black, you can either purge it from the board, or purge everything else. She'd be a good sidekick for someone that uses it (shame that doesn't apply to Deadpool or Cable, but as a member of X-Force she could work with X-Force Wolverine, add more board clearing to the fight). Curious to see how much more black drops during Domino v Domino fights.
    Seems like she'll be a good fit with Vulture and C&D. With Vulture, you'll be collecting Black anyway to keep him Airborne. That's fuelled by Domino's Black and Cloak's passive Black, further boosted by Domino's Green destroying non-Black tiles. And of course, adding more Black to the board ramps up Domino's Red.

Given how much she interacts with Black tiles, Dr Doom (5 in Blue) and 3* Iron Fist are also great partners for her.
    Which is exactly what I mentioned lol.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Interesting character, my only complain, as a 4* player who tries to uses active rainbow teams most of the time, is her overused color scheme... Carnage, Rogue, Shuri, Infinity War Spider-Man, Thing... all of them have 2 active powers: red and green, and even one of the newest ones, Dazzler, has exactly the same color scheme, and the same colors as passive and active. I really would like to see more variety (like more green and red passives, blue and yellow actives) in the next releases.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments on topic and civil!

If you wish to discuss the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training character selections, and the logistics behind being able to complete its event missions, then please create a new thread. Thank you!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby Domino really needs a new thread, there's too much other **** in here.