Domino (X-Force) (10/29/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Everything usually works out for Domino. This mutant mercenary subconsciously alters probabilities in the world around her, so luck is literally always in her favors.

Luck aside, Domino is also a world-class marksman and hand-to-hand combatant. She feels right at home on the elite X-Force strike team, lending her skills to the continued defense of mutantkind."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Domino, and find out how you can recruit her onto your roster!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, X-Men
greentilepng  blacktilepng  

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Enter the Fray - 7 greentilepng AP
Domino throws herself recklessly into battle, drawing enemy gunfire that will inevitably hit the wrong target and leave her unharmed. Destroys 15 random non-Black basic tiles. (Does not generate AP.)

Knock Them Down - 9  AP
When luck creates an opening, Domino uses her skills to reap the rewards. Destroys half of the Black tiles on the board, dealing 1474 damage for each tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.

Not Just Luck - blacktilepng Passive
Everything's coming up Domino. While Domino's in the fight, every new tile dropped from the top of the board during your turn has a 100% higher chance of being a Black tile.

Full character details coming soon!

Recruit Domino!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 11/1/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/8/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Price: 7000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Luke Cage (Power Man)
    • Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)
    • 16 Elite Tokens
    • 6 Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Domino & Friends - Vault
  • Starts: 11/4/18, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/10/18, 2:00am EDT
  • 80 Items: 
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x Random Domino (X-Force) Cover
    • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions (Option of following characters)
      • Dazzler (Classic)
      • Luke Cage (Power Man)
      • Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)
    • 21x 3-Stars
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Stars
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Meet Rocket & Groot - Story Event
  • Ends: 11/6/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Domino (X-Force) in Placement Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Character Release Event
  • Ends: 11/8/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Rewards tokens to Meet Rocket & Groot, random cover of Domino (X-Force) and more
Simulator - Story Event
  • Starts: 11/5/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/9/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Domino (X-Force) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Domino & Friends vault
Tough Luck - Versus Tournament feat. Domino
  • Starts: 11/4/18, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 11/7/18, 3:00pm EDT
  • Domino (X-Force) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Domino & Friends vault

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the sound of this character! She would be an amazing third on my Nightcrawler/Professor X/_______ team I think. Also I love the comics design as well
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    So with her black if you get a horizontal match 4 or greater you auto win the game since all the top row will continue to be black tiles making continuous black match 5s and crit tiles?
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    The character I've been asking for for four years!

And she's a 4*, which I barely even look at anymore. 
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Looks like fun!  Her power set looks like a blast.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    So we need Emma Frost to get the shield training cover again?

• 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions (Option of following characters)
      • Peggy Carter (Captain America)
      • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
      • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)

Unhappy. That is frustrating. Why? Since all three are the same as taskmaster, can we get a reroll please? @Brigby
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    chrisH said:
    So with her black if you get a horizontal match 4 or greater you auto win the game since all the top row will continue to be black tiles making continuous black match 5s and crit tiles?
    No. “”100% greater chance” doesn’t mean “100%”. It’s just double the usual chance it will be a black tile. In other words, normal chance for a tile to be a particular color is 1 in 7 roughly. With Domino at 5 in black, it’s a 2 in 7 chance. Or the 14% chance becomes 28%. Other colors become about 12%.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Domino looks neat. Basically an entire kit built on manipulating black, you can either purge it from the board, or purge everything else. She'd be a good sidekick for someone that uses it (shame that doesn't apply to Deadpool or Cable, but as a member of X-Force she could work with X-Force Wolverine, add more board clearing to the fight). Curious to see how much more black drops during Domino v Domino fights.

Meet Rocket & Groot release with a Simulator featured event, pretty standard.

Peggy/Wasp/Emma for Shield Training, also pretty standard, they actually went back to the old pattern for featuring older characters in Shield Training (Peggy/Wasp), but it's disappointing Emma is featured. I know pushing new characters is a money-making strategy, but featuring Emma is going to hurt people who haven't covered her so far, which will cost them a Domino cover, which will hurt them when you guys inevitably require Domino for a near-future Shield Training. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of disappointment, as stumbling to keep up with the new character continues to punish the player down the line. I don't really have a solution, unfortunately. Just a general commentary that when choosing a "newer 4*" to feature in Shield Training, Emma feels too recent.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Nabistay said:

• Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

Unhappy. That is frustrating. Why? Since all three are the same as taskmaster, can we get a reroll please? @Brigby
    That's why they have been putting Emma Frost so much in the PVE events. Glad they did because now I have her at 12 covers.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Nabistay said:

• Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

Unhappy. That is frustrating. Why? Since all three are the same as taskmaster, can we get a reroll please? Brigby
    Ah! Apologies for the confusion. Seems there was a bit of accidental copy-paste action during compilation of the info. I've gone ahead and corrected it to the right characters.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    New character release and DST ends,  what could possibly go wrong ?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Isn't it time to switch from EDT to EST soon?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Simple powers, but interesting. Now the question is how can you abuse them? First thought is flooding the board with black using Domino and 3*Fist, along with Mordo to help and hit. Second thought is to use IM40 to fuel her green twice and Mordo blue once to produce black for Mordo to hit, then end with Domino red. Third thought is to use XFW (if their strongest color is not black) to fire surgical strike over and over, which would be a lot of fun. So, Domino + XFW + 3Mags/Quake/3Fist/Kamala.
  • Quebbster
    I am thinking Domino, Vulture and Cloak and Dagger could be loads of fun together. Rainbow team too.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Quebbster said:
    I am thinking Domino, Vulture and Cloak and Dagger could be loads of fun together. Rainbow team too.
    Wouldn't Domino's increased Black tile drops stop C&D from adding more black?  You can try to match them all away, but Black will be dropping twice as much as everything else, so I think C&D will simply start adding attack tiles.
    EDIT: How about Domino with Vulture and XFW?  Vulture feeds himself Blue, gives Green to Domino, Domino destroys to produce Black, which feeds XFW and Vulture.  The small amount of Red that Vulture produces can also go to Domino.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 said:
    Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    Guess I'm switching my BH to Dazzler and praying...

When does Cable come into Latest?  I think it's tomorrow right?
    Next
     Monday. After the release.

but before end of Shield Training - so if you're waiting for Cable (or more importantly for Wasp to leave...) you can wait and then pull to hopefully also get your Dazzlers for ST
    That is my plan. Plus progression from Shield Simulator and from Meet R&G, that should do it.
  • Quebbster
    bbigler said:
    Quebbster said:
    Wouldn't Domino's increased Black tile drops stop C&D from adding more black?  You can try to match them all away, but Black will be dropping twice as much as everything else, so I think C&D will simply start adding attack tiles.
    Is
     that a bad thing? Besides, when you use Domino's red it doesn't hurt to have another way to add more black to the board.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Next Sunday, November 4
  • Quebbster
    mbaren said:
    Quebbster said:
    Next Sunday, November 4
    Lots
     of EDT times after November 4th in the announcement.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it actually possible for a normal human neck to bend that way?