Any advice are welcome

Ech0
Ech0 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In

Hi everyone ! 

It’s my first message on this forum and i apologize for my bad english (i’m french)

I came back on MPQ last week after a break of almost a year 

So i dont know how to play with my roster for pvp & pve (i’m a pve player) and what can i do to improve my 4th or 5th stars, may i spend my points in Classic token or sould i keep it 🤔 for a bigger pull ?

Ps : how can i show you my roster ?

Any advice are welcome

Thanks guys !

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ech0 said:

You'll want to do this before we can give you any competent advice. Go to https://mpq.gamependium.com/ and then link your roster so we can see where you're at.
  • Ech0
    Dormammu said:
    Ech0 said:

You'll want to do this before we can give you any competent advice. Go to https://mpq.gamependium.com/ and then link your roster so we can see where you're at.
    Thanks for your answer Dormammu !

For the record I have 3LT & 149 points

here is my roster : https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Ech0/
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've got a really good roster with several key 4-star champs, already. You want to do what you can to finish your 4-star Rocket & Groot as they will help speed up your PvE clears and are a main part of the 4-star meta (along with Gamora and Medusa). Maybe set Rocket & Groot as your lone 4-star Bonus Hero until you get them covered and champed.

As far as getting more 4-star and 5-star covers, here are some tips for you:

1- Start shooting for better placement in PvE events. If you are able to choose a slice where you can play right at the beginning and right at the end, you might be able to compete for top 10-20 placement in SCL 7. Using your Thanos should give you reasonably fast clears. Do you know how to clear PvE subs optimally? If not I can expand on that.
    2 - There's a 4-star progression prize in every PvE event at SCL 7 and higher. Make sure you get it.
    3 - Keep building your 3-stars and chasing covers for them. As they continue to gain more champ levels, they continue to hand out 4-star covers, LTs, and CPs.

For your LT and CP token strategy, it's entirely up to you if you want to open in Latest Legends or Classic Legends. They both offer the same odds on 4-stars so there's no difference there. The only difference is in the 5-star pulls, as Latest Legends will only have the latest 3. Since you still have a lot of 4-stars to work on, I would probably advise using your CP in the Classic vault which would give you 25% more pulls. Don't worry about entering 5-star land until you've got around 40-50 of the 4-stars champed.

If you have any more specific questions, ask away!
  • Ech0
    edited October 2018
    On pve event i am around the top 50 in scl 7, even if i do the 4 clear and before the end 2 more
    For my roster i will follow all your instructions you are totaly right that makes sense thanks a lot 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ech0 said:
    On pve event i am around the top 50 in scl 7, even if i do the 4 clear and before the end 2 more
    For my roster i will follow all your instructions you are totaly right that makes sense thanks a lot 

High level PvE is all about speed - the faster you can clear the nodes in the beginning and the end the better position you are in for high placement. Thano5 gives an enormous advantage here as Court Death lets you sweep through nodes at very high speed, it can cost a lot of Health packs though. Or just pick different mooks to play with Thanos each node, that works too. :)

This is why 4* Rocket and Groot are so highly regarded in PvE - the free strike tiles they throw out give a big speed advantage. I absolutely second the motion that you should try to get them champed.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ech0 said:
    Also, it's 3 clears at the end.  If you're only playing for progression, 5 clears in total get you to final progression CP prize.  If going for placement, you have to do 4 initial clears and then 3 closing clears.  Placement also usually requires you to have the 5* essential character.  If you don't have it, you might not be able to place too highly...
  • Ech0
    On the events, may i use the tokens as soon as i get them or farm until the 80 for a 100% to LT and 4 star cover ?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Ech0 said:
    On the events, may i use the tokens as soon as i get them or farm until the 80 for a 100% to LT and 4 star cover ?
    I'm assuming you're talking about the event store, right?  In that case, you can hoard them if you want.  Just note, that it may be a few weeks or months until the next time it's run.  Also, if that event winds up being a character release, you won't get a vault for that event so you may have to wait even longer.  

You can do it either way.  Since tokens don't expire, it just depends on how much willpower you have not to cash them in.

• Ech0
    Ech0 said:
    I'm assuming you're talking about the event store, right?  In that case, you can hoard them if you want.  Just note, that it may be a few weeks or months until the next time it's run.  Also, if that event winds up being a character release, you won't get a vault for that event so you may have to wait even longer.  

You can do it either way.  Since tokens don't expire, it just depends on how much willpower you have not to cash them in.

Ok makes sense, same as tacos token ?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Ech0 said:
    Ech0 said:

Ok makes sense, same as tacos token ?
    Exactly.  The only time it doesn't work like that is if it's a one time vault, or when it's a character release.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I'm late to the party so all I can offer is don't let Black Widow match the purple ones, she is sneaky.