How often do you get a Support Token?

TheBaku
TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
I'm just wondering... I play daily,  but not obsessively...  and I think I get a support token every 6 to 8 weeks...  so,  every 2 months.   How often do you earn (not buy) a support token?
Tagged:

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrequently enough that I forget they exist until I get one.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll pull a basic support token every 2 or 3 pve events.  I'm hoarding them now, since I've already won a copy of every support in that pool

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I get them frequently enough. Haven't pulled any. Have 31 support tokens, 3 supports wakanda, 5 supports wasp gauntlets. All still tokens
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    How often do they give one for free?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    The last time this was asked was about a month ago. At that time I had gotten about 3 from the previous 4 event vaults. Since then, I think the only one I got was from the hope summers vault.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    The supports are with great potential to transform a character into different builds, instead of having same abilities all the time. Maybe we can have Thor to go invisible... Red hulk to create strike tiles... America to do team damage? Too many possibilities...
    However with the drop rate we are having now, the supports aren't going anywhere... 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    once a month. still waiting for them to get 'intercepted' if you know what i mean.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very rarely. Usually when a new support vault is open for, like 3 hours. Those things don't last long ¬¬
    If I'm lucky I'll get something other than a beginner token, but normally that's all I'll get. And it'll give me a dupe.

It's an exciting feature.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Twice a month, I think
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    About once a month, or twice if I'm lucky.  And it's usually a duplicate support, which is far less interesting since they increased the amount of red iso acquired elsewhere.

I wonder how much it would affect Demiurge's bottom line if they increased the availability of basic support tokens by an order of magnitude?  Those tokens give at most a rank 3 support, so it wouldn't provide whales a way to acquire rank 5 supports without paying.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    About once a month through lucky pull.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    About once every other month. Got one from a recent PvE vault, didn't get one all September, I think I might have pulled one in August. I'm 16/44, most of which come from the free gift ones they've given out.
  • tincanicarus
    tincanicarus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I feel it's been two months since I last pulled one, but then I frankly barely care about them, so... I tend to forget about their existence as well. Sure I tried to equip most / all the ones I have to characters, but I have no overview over which character carries which support, I barely use my RISO on them, and well... all in all, I can easily agree with anyone saying the feature is underwhelming.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    If you are playing the 5E node in SCL 7+ and hitting full progression without late joins, you should be getting a Basic Support token about every two weeks on average from Story Vault tokens (RNG doesn't make this exact).
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    ZeiramMR said:
    If you are playing the 5E node in SCL 7+ and hitting full progression without late joins, you should be getting a Basic Support token about every two weeks on average from Story Vault tokens (RNG doesn't make this exact).
    Umm... what?!?

I do play scl7, and make full progress every single time, all 6/6 clears, from the beginning. Granted I only have the latests and not the classics when it comes to the 5e nodes, but I simply cannot!! spend hp on a vault.
    With 5-10 coins for a vault, and ~80 items per vault, I definitely do not stumble across a support token every 2 weeks! No way!
    (I usually get a bunch of 2* and a 3*, if I'm lucky I get more than one 3*)

Between the pym gauntlets (which I think was the last free thing they gave out) and now, I have only managed to pull a support token 1 single time (and it was a 1*dupe). 

Just saying... I would love to get a support token every 2weeks. But that is not happening.

Edit: I just checked, Pym gauntlets were in July....
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR said:
    I too am mystified as to how you've come up with this. I play CL9, including the 5e node, to full progression every event and I haven't pulled a support token in 3 months. Perhaps the RNG gods have just been more kind to you than I (assuming that getting standard support tokens is a good thing). And there in lies the problem with acquiring supports be solely tied to vault grabs: completely lopsided distribution amongst the players with no real hope of it ever being something you could get rewarded through effort...merely random chance...which sucks 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't really remember the last time I got a Support token from an event vault.

I got 2 from the Halloween Vault (which as purchased doesn't meet OP's question) but for a point of reference both yielded duplicates = Red Iso. I in no way have anywhere close to all the Supports you can get and so 2 for 2 being dupes even from my pathetic collection of Supports is not enouraging.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Pulled back-to-back support tokens from the Venom Bomb vault this week! Err yey...

Both were duplicates.  I tried a month or so ago to care more about supports and actually put red iso into some, but the user interface is so not user friendly and the work required to figure out who has what on an ongoing basis makes the whole system not worth the effort.