MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I kind of wish they'd done these two PvEs the other way around. Just because that way Miles would the featured 4* in the event where he's a major part of ther narrative.
    There's a narrative associated with Story events????
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Some people play mainly for Progression, and some of us like to take the time to read the story when we do. Some people even play with the sound on!
    You had me until the part about playing with the sound on.  That's just too implausible ;)
    I had heard that there was a rumour that MPQ had sound but that it was only available as a perk of the level 5  Hypno Hustler Support.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I kind of wish they'd done these two PvEs the other way around. Just because that way Miles would the featured 4* in the event where he's a major part of ther narrative.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Some people play mainly for Progression, and some of us like to take the time to read the story when we do. Some people even play with the sound on!
    You had me until the part about playing with the sound on.  That's just too implausible ;)
    I had heard that there was a rumour that MPQ had sound but that it was only available as a perk of the level 5  Hypno Hustler Support.

I used to pay with the sound on, but haven't in years.  For a while I would occasionally turn it on to hear new effects, but again, haven't done that in a while.

As a side note, I would recommend every one should listen to Squirrel Girl's green power "furry friends."  The sound is hilarious...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am seriously regretting letting my max-champ Magn3to go without a champion replacement during the anniversary. Even with all 4* boosted champs I can't hang on to any points in there. Looks like I'm on the 40 win train this time since i can use that black XFDP...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(10/26/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't played with the sound since 2014, when Ares was new and I liked his sound effects, especially Rampage.  We should have a discussion about sounds and animations one day. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I like listening to the sound when I'm applying covers. They make such a satisfying noise when you apply them. Doesn't quite feel like progress has been made if I don't hear that.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'd like to enjoy the story, but the game basically says if I don't skip all the texts and animations, some other guy is gonna place above me.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    NeonBlue said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    I'd like to enjoy the story, but the game basically says if I don't skip all the texts and animations, some other guy is gonna place above me.
    Except YOU are the one who says "I would rather place higher than enjoy the story." That's perfectly okay if that's the choice you want to make, but the game is in no way preventing you from enjoying the story if you want to do so.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    NeonBlue said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Except YOU are the one who says "I would rather place higher than enjoy the story." That's perfectly okay if that's the choice you want to make, but the game is in no way preventing you from enjoying the story if you want to do so.
    So you're saying the game is designed around choosing to either (a) lose or (b) enjoy, and somehow that's not an issue? 

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Sooo.... Emma, Nebula, Dazzler.... then rinse, wash, repeat?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They just need to hurry up and fix dilution and then they wouldn't need to keep rotating the latest 4s so much. Anyway, I really hope that the event for the next 4* release is Enemy of the State. My birthday is November 2nd so it would be a nice early birthday present.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I really hope that the event for the next 4* release is Enemy of the State. My birthday is November 2nd so it would be a nice early birthday present.
    It's not
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    They just need to hurry up and fix dilution and then they wouldn't need to keep rotating the latest 4s so much. Anyway, I really hope that the event for the next 4* release is Enemy of the State. My birthday is November 2nd so it would be a nice early birthday present.
    I want to see Enemy of the State again, but not as a release event. I still have a bunch of tokens left for it because the last time it ran, it was a release event, so I couldn't use the ones left over from the time before.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Maybe Enemy of the State will run during Veteran's Day....
    That would be a nice birthday present for me since I've been wanting that event....
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    NeonBlue said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    The game mechanics say that ignoring the story is optimal.  With different game mechanics, people might act differently.
    For example, if there were story cut scenes in the Places of Power event, there would be no downside to taking your time to enjoy the story.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    JHawkInc said:
    NeonBlue said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    The game mechanics say that ignoring the story is optimal.  With different game mechanics, people might act differently.
    For example, if there were story cut scenes in the Places of Power event, there would be no downside to taking your time to enjoy the story.
    "Optimal" depends on what you want from the game. Ignoring the story will probably* get you the best rewards, but for someone who's playing because they enjoy other aspects of the game, "optimal" might well involve something other than getting the best bits of digital swag.
    *I'm pretty sure that for me, the difference between reading the story once through and not at all is more or less the difference between placing 25th-ish and 45th-ish, which is still the same reward level.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I like the story, read them all once, but after the umthiest VB, i wouldnt mind a skip story altogether button...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right, but what I was getting at is that in Places of Power there was no incentive to complete missions as fast as possible, so there wasn't any conflict between trying to maximise rewards and enjoying the story (if they had chosen to add story).
    With that said, I'm left wondering whether the devs have given up on story lines.  The Wakanda event had hardly anything, and the GotG event was a bit incoherent.  I guess that's to be expected when the game makes story a liability.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Doc Ock essential for new release in 4d mRnG?  :-(