MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Special Offer tokens, weird name for the danger room tokens , or is that what they always call them ?
    It's always been like that. That's the generic name for off season pvp token store.  

Well, the name "Special offer" only appeared recently, but yeah, it's the standard off-season token. I Always thought it was a Little weird to have two different store with exactly the same Graphics, prices and pull odds, the only difference being the name of the store.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a standard heroic Token, but all of them are a little more than a standard daily deal and a little less than regular price compared to the Heroic Tokens you can get all the time. I have a feeling this would have been the Vintage Heroic off-season vault we used to get back when 4s and 3s were being vaulted.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/22/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    13th Drax on the horizon, 9th and 10th Nebula coming soon. Ahh it feels so weird being down to like my last thirty or so covers for my non-limited 4s. 
  • Quebbster
    Options

...you guys do know you can give out older characters as Story event rewards too, right? It wasn't that long ago that Emma and Nebula was last rewarded, and now here they are again. I expect Dazzler to show up afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate being able to cover the new characters fairly quickly (Nebula and Dazzler are still unchamped, so I can definitely use more covers for them). It just gets a Little repetetive to see the same ones pop up on the rewards list over and over.

(Not to mention that Emma at least is no fun as an essential character. Haven't decided on Nebula yet. Dazzler was fun in HoD at least, but that may be due to being paired with Mohawk Storm who complements her well)

• shardwick
    Options
    Quebbster said:

...you guys do know you can give out older characters as Story event rewards too, right? It wasn't that long ago that Emma and Nebula was last rewarded, and now here they are again. I expect Dazzler to show up afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate being able to cover the new characters fairly quickly (Nebula and Dazzler are still unchamped, so I can definitely use more covers for them). It just gets a Little repetetive to see the same ones pop up on the rewards list over and over.

(Not to mention that Emma at least is no fun as an essential character. Haven't decided on Nebula yet. Dazzler was fun in HoD at least, but that may be due to being paired with Mohawk Storm who complements her well)

Dazzler kinda got screwed over since she was essentially the placement reward prize for the raid event, even though there officially wasn't one which was dumb, but yeah I won't be surprised if she's an essential in another couple of weeks. I want some love for my Jubilee, Mr. Fantastic,  Venom (Eddie) and Ghost Rider. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Having thought about it, one reason for the Quick reprise may be that they cannot offer Taskmaster covers again, so the other recent covers got moved up in rotation. Would still be fun to get something a Little less recently awarded.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:

I'd agree with you in pretty much any other scenario, but my Nebula and Dazzler need some love so I'm keeping quiet on this one lmao. I blew like 1K CP trying to cover them both and got 1 cover a piece  :D
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I need one more cover for Nebula, so I'll take it.  It's funny because it seems like this is their solution to the dilution issue they brought back when they got rid of the boosted rate for the latest 12 4s, but rather than advertise their solution, they just let everyone get upset.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @The rockett I've already passed along the inquiry, and once I hear back from them, I'll be sure to update everyone
    @Brigby
    Been a few days.  Any update?  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    Usually there is an announcement post about the upcoming Season, with the name, and normally some updates to the 4* pool as the new 4's are added in.  This season would not add Taskmaster so I assume there's no update post coming.

Can you confirm that the season starting Thursday with Magnetic Mayhem will be the Time Season, rewarding the last Infinity Stone?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi "The rockett" I've already passed along the inquiry, and once I hear back from them, I'll be sure to update everyone
    Brigby
    Been a few days.  Any update?  
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have any updates to provide just yet.
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    Usually there is an announcement post about the upcoming Season, with the name, and normally some updates to the 4* pool as the new 4's are added in.  This season would not add Taskmaster so I assume there's no update post coming.

Can you confirm that the season starting Thursday with Magnetic Mayhem will be the Time Season, rewarding the last Infinity Stone?
    Yes. The Time Stone Season should start this Thursday
  • shardwick
    Options
    What happens after the next season ends?

Do half of the characters get removed from the game following a Thanos boss event and then we get a new Carol?

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    What happens after the next season ends?

Do half of the characters get removed from the game following a Thanos boss event and then we get a new Carol?

I’m hoping they start running Guantlet events to get Infinity Stone Store Tokens. Just keep each Gauntlet open for a week, potentially from Thursday to Thursday, using that week’s boosted list. Each leg of the Gauntlet could end with a higher rarity token (beginner from leg 1, advanced from 2, and master from 3), and the Infinity Store could include the Stones at slightly higher odds (X2 or X4), along with the limited Supports that are currently only available from limited tokens for new character supports.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually like Emma. Mine is at 11 covers with only 2 in black so I like this reward.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kind of wish they'd done these two PvEs the other way around. Just because that way Miles would the featured 4* in the event where he's a major part of ther narrative.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kind of wish they'd done these two PvEs the other way around. Just because that way Miles would the featured 4* in the event where he's a major part of ther narrative.
    There's a narrative associated with Story events????