4* DDQ: Wiccan the Musical debuts in America!

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
Quite fitting, having America Chavez as Wiccan's opponent lol. Levelled my 4/3/4 Wiccan up to 180; will report back later.

Update: got it on the second try. First attempt, America kept getting match-4s. Second attempt, I used +1 all AP to hasten Billy’s transformation into the Demiurge. Managed to get all the AP needed, then match-damaged America the rest of the way. One approach is to use his Yellow, then make a match in a row or column that contains those Countdowns to heal him while damaging America. Use his Green to achieve the same offensive/defensive combo.

LT awaits Cable.

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even with AP boosts, in two attempts I couldn't get enough AP to transform my 3/5/4. Chavez tended to vacuum up red as fast as it appeared so I could never get that to 8.

I used AP boosts, damage boosts, and my rank 3 Wasp gauntlets  which I leveled up to. . 45 I think.

First attempt, the board just gifted her multiple match 4s, and I ate a Ticket to the Multiverse, so I needed a health pack for the return trip. 

Second attempt I managed to prolong with my yellow, at one point healing back to full health, not that it lasts long against an AP building Chavez. I still wasn't sure of victory until a lucky match 5 let me nail her with a critical blue that got her down enough for green to finish off. 

Hoarding the token for now. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using my 3/5/5 Wiccan, who I had previously levelled to 152.  The first go was without any boosts and I died.
    The second go around, I used +2 r/y, p/b, and g/b stockpile boosts to help get me started.  That helped keep me ahead of America in AP count, and to get to 8 of each colour AP.  Once that occurred the match was pretty much over.  I cast yellow to heal, and the row/column clearing kept my AP up.  I cast green once to finish her off.
    I'm glad I didn't have to spend any extra iso for this one.  Token is waiting for Cable.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5, just Champed him for this. Took in a ton of AP boosts and pulled it off first time, but it was close. Fortunately, my Hail Mary Chain Lightning at the end set off a monster cascade that got me a couple thousand more damage and left me with a match-5 that finished things.
    Token waiting for Wasp to leave.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Level 150 Witch Guy

This one was simple. I brought +1 AP and systematically matched colors as evenly as I could, looking for small cascades and match-4s to stay ahead in the AP totals. With Chavez effectively neutered and Wiccan transforming into the Demiurge, I whittled her down until she was one cast of Chain Lightning away from defeated.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Champed at 271. First try, no boosts. Close, but Magical Barrier definitely saved me.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    It was almost unfair with the 3* Hulkling support, but I champed Wiccan and used the AP boosts anyway.
    Magical Barrier definitely helps, since America will be doing fairly high damage with high-AP towards the end. Deny her primary colors as much as you can, and when you don't have "good matches", look for "safer" ones that are less likely to spawn match-4s and/or matches in her main colors.

Saving the LT.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2/2/2 level 127 Wiccan got absolutely crushed. I'll try some boosts and remember to equip a support and try it again tomorrow.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leveled my 3/5/5 Wiccan to 178 and used what boosts I had and equipped Hulkling support. Got a favorable board and got Demiurge pretty fast. Could cast two yellow and one green. Took a few hits from Chavez but was saved by magical barrier. Whittled her down slowly. Fun match! Saving the LT until, well, Wasp you know.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhm...Wiccan, eh? I know he exists as an MPQ character but that is about it. Guess I should go and look at what his powers actually do before trying this.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Uhm...Wiccan, eh? I know he exists as an MPQ character but that is about it. Guess I should go and look at what his powers actually do before trying this.
    I had to go look through them, too. I don't think I've ever used him except when he was Required.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    111 2/1/3 

Got absolutely crushed each time I tried. Don't think I'm getting this one.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I am so utterly shocked by my win. 
    My Wiccan is only at lvl 131 (0/1/4).  I did bring +50% boost each color combo boosts.  My first move cascaded into five critical tiles with being mostly yellow and green.  I saved firing the Magical Barrier until after America Chavez made a few moves.  She matched one of the tiles and I did the other.  I was able to do Chain Lightning three times and killed her.  
    I think I was lucky.  I tried three times before and failed utterly.  I tried on a whim and won.  Sometimes it really is about having the right board.  
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I win on 3rd try with Wiccan Lvl 120 (3/5/1). I use +2 all AP, +2Yellow and Red AP, +60% Match Damage. The starting board manage to get a-5-of-a-kind team-up, try to gett to 8AP for all colours and then keep using his Magical Barrier after that, which really help a lot.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I had to go look through them, too. I don't think I've ever used him except when he was Required.
    Got this 2nd try. It was a strange sort of fight really, I threw in as much in the way of AP boosts as I could to combat Chavez going all shoulder charge on me. Magic Barrier is the star and luckily I had 5 in that colour (2/5/3), I took him up to lvl 180 after failing at lvl 160 and used Chain Lightning to set off Magic Barrier. He did transform into the Demiurge but it was so late in the fight I'm not sure it made any difference.