Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) (9/17/18)

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    IceIX said:
    It states “if one does not exist” so I don’t think there will be more than one on the board at a time, however i agree it is not worded well as to how the repeater will interact with the board. My guess is that it hops around the board replacing specials like 3falcon, but when there are no specials left to replace it will become stationary. 
    That's exactly how it works, hops all over the place like a Redwing with a bomb payload.
    Huh. Wonder why they made it a repeater tile? Due to the order bug with CD tiles that would make it countdown again if it spawned below its original position like Billy Club sometimes does? But if they were able to keep repeaters from doing that as well, why can’t they fix the CD tile issue? Oh, that would have synergized amazingly with Carol... ah. Because it would have synergized amazingly with Carol.
    Also to avoid the mirror match issue where two opposing tiles do nothing but replace each other.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Woohoo! Double Woohoo! Any chance she's a 5*/3* joint release?

I wish they would go back to this
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby sorry to bother you, but is there a chance of moving this entire convo to Kitty’s Character Details thread? There are lots of good suggestions and discussions here, and the playerbase can access all this easily once this thread is unstickied  :# 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sounds like Scarlet Witch needs to learn a new spell.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    KGB said:
    Anyone know what happens when she faces Medusa or XPool?

As in if she over writes their CD's do they proc for damage (XPool) or create attack tiles (Medusa).

KGB
    Word going around is that Kitty's repeater overwrites, so it neither matches nor destroys, so it doesn't create attack tiles for Medusa (I remember people specifically commenting on Medusa, I would presume it counts the same for XFDP).
    Can confirm repeater overwrites and does not destroy. It also starts on a purple tile, not a random tile.  Her red DOES go off if damage is dealt, even if your shields prevent it.  I’ve had a Thor bomb
    hit for -1 and her red procs for each member of the team.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surely they could have picked a better comic cover for this character?  Maybe one where she isn't crying out in pain after being stabbed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Surely they could have picked a better comic cover for this character?  Maybe one where she isn't crying out in pain after being stabbed.
    Oh, wow. I hadn't seen that cover before, and most of the places it's shown in-game, it's either too small to make out the stab wound, or it's covered by a banner, so I didn't realize that was what was going on there. Scrolling all the way through to look at the full version, yeah, that seems like kind of a sketchy choice.

Also, while going through, I noticed that she doesn't have the Guardians of the Galaxy Affiliation. Is she still going to be boosted for Black Vortex anyway?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, while going through, I noticed that she doesn't have the Guardians of the Galaxy Affiliation. Is she still going to be boosted for Black Vortex anyway?
    During the Black Vortex storyline, she was the professor for the time displaced X-Men.  So a GotG affiliation seems orthogonal to whether she'd be boosted in that event.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod Mode: ON***

In accordance with a request made by @BlackBoltRocks, the mod team has decided to move posts regarding the discussion of character abilities, mechanics and strategies to the official Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) Character Details page so that such information will be easy to locate. 

Going forward, we plan to do the same with all future character releases. If your post was moved to the Character Details thread but you rather it be in the Character News Release thread, please PM a moderator with your request. As this is a new policy change, there may be some hiccups in its implementation and we ask that you please bear with us.

We hope that this new shift in policy will make it easier to find character information. Thank you, BlackBoltRocks, for suggesting it. :)

***Mod Mode: OFF***
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oh god, please remove that brick wall from character preview in the selection screen.
    It's hideous.  Who thought that was a good idea?

It's so bad when she's in the middle I don't even want to use her anymore... 

• eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to put this as I'm not sure if I misunderstand the mechanic or if it's a bug but please move to appropriate forum.

While playing I noticed that Circuit Breaker only triggered when there were enemy special tiles is this correct? The way the skill is worded it should trigger no matter what but have different effects depending on if enemy special tiles exist? Is that correct or did I completely misunderstand how that skill works? 

I should note that it was after I used Storm's Hailstorm it stopped triggering but her Phase and Conquer did trigger with all the new attack tiles. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quoting someone else from the Kitty Pryde thread (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75162/kitty-pryde-uncanny-x-men/p3):

"Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Her purple is interesting. I originally thought it would not work against someone like Scarlet Witch or 3* Iron Fist/Luke Cage, but it does, sorta...

Once the AI places their special tile, on your turn Kitty places her repeater on a random basic tile. So nothing happens there. The next turn, this repeater jumps to the special tile and overwrites it and then immediately deals the passive damage component and destroys the repeater. The AI then auto-places its special tile and the process repeats. 

So it will work against auto-special tile generators in this fashion, but every other turn. 

The interesting thing is that once it has eaten the last enemy special tile the damage is immediately dealt."

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are two parts or steps to her ability:

1) Placing of a x-turn repeater tile to replace attack, strike, protect or countdown tiles.

2) Destroying her repeater tile and dealing damage immediately if there isn't any special tile on the board after replacing them.

What's your build for this ability?

At 4 covers, her ability won't trigger if there is only 1 enemy countdown tile because it covers only attack, strike and protect tiles.

As for your last question, could it be possible that she couldn't place her repeater tile because the board was filled with special tiles?

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's possible that her repeater could blow up every turn if you can match away the special that triggered it. For example: goon places 1 CD tile - next turn Kitty places fortified purple repeater and you then match away the CD tile, which triggers the repeater to explode.  Next turn, goon places 1 more CD tile and the process repeats.

This works against 3*Fist and 3*Cage and 2*Daken and Mindless Ones and 5* Daredevil and anyone that places just 1 special at a time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    It's possible that her repeater could blow up every turn if you can match away the special that triggered it. For example: goon places 1 CD tile - next turn Kitty places fortified purple repeater and you then match away the CD tile, which triggers the repeater to explode.  Next turn, goon places 1 more CD tile and the process repeats.
    Oh, that's interesting. The repeater blows up the instant there are no enemy eligible specials on the board, no matter when that happens? 

That'll be hilarious every time Daken takes it to the face when he removes his last Strike tiles, if that's the case.
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think understand it now was so confused at first. So in a nutshell if I got this right she's best played against goons (especially when at 5 covers it looks like) and anyone who auto places a special tile (Daken, Bullseye, C&D, Grocket are the first that come to mind). 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does not go off on your own turn if it is present and your match clears the last special. It will go off as soon as your turn starts again though.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged relevant threads
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm assuming with official character threads there is no rule against necromancing a thread? Also, not sure about the duration after which a thread is presumed dead. Sorry if this breaks forum rules, please don't use the ban-Mjolnir on me. ;)

On to my question! What's the educated guess for who will eventually become a feeder for Kitty?
    I have her at 2/3/5 with 6 saved covers. Scoring one more yellow or purple makes her feeder ready, or push comes to shove "saved-cover-converting-ready" (Trademark pending).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe St4rLord? They were engaged at one point.