Cable for Dummies

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018

I was just reminded of one of my favorite moments from Top 10, when there super-mice infestation becomes a big crossover. It ends in a big retcon where none of it happened, and the Ex-Verminator complains it Always happens and no one remembers that he should get payed. :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to take a moment and bask in the glory of this sentence, lifted verbatim from that ghost rider wiki page: 
    "After his sister was injured by ninja gangsters, Ketch came in contact with a motorcycle that had somehow been mystically enchanted to contain the essence of a Spirit of Vengeance."

now THAT is good comics.
    I like that the motorcycle had some sort of inner sense that it found somebody who could ride. That would have been a disaster if that had been me. I can't ride a motorcycle to save my life. The bad guys would have all escaped whilst I crashed into a wall for the tenth time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster

I was just reminded of one of my favorite moments from Top 10, when there super-mice infestation becomes a big crossover. It ends in a big retcon where none of it happened, and the Ex-Verminator complains it Always happens and no one remembers that he should get payed.
    This is probably blasphemy but I think Top 10 may be my favourite Alan Moore work.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:

Stryfe was a clone I think. Or maybe a robot. Who knows.
    I think there was a flirtation with the idea that Stryfe might be the original Nathaniel Summers, and Cable the clone, but it didn't really go anywhere.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    DAZ0273 said:
    Stryfe was a clone I think. Or maybe a robot. Who knows.
    Stryfe was cloned from Cable in future by the Askani as a backup in case the TO virus killed him.  He then got abducted by Apocalypse who raised him as a son.  What Apocalypse didn't tell him though was that he planned to transfer his consciousness into Stryfe's body, effectively killing him.  That last part didn't happen when Cable defeated Apocalypse though.
    Stryfe is supposedly the more powerful of the two, since he isn't using his telekinesis to hold back the TO virus.
    As far as alternate versions, you've also got Nate Grey running around.  He's the test tube baby of the Age of Apocalypse reality's Cyclops and Jean Grey.  He ended up in the main Marvel 616 reality at the end of that event.