Enemy Passives Erroneously Firing In Wave Missions (merged) [Investigating]

1235»

Comments

• Falkbeer
    Falkbeer Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I can confirm this behavior on multiple occasions, specially in DDQ wave missions. In Big Enchilada, when Prof X fires his passive and downs a target, if next in line is a 4* Jean Gray, she will fire her blue. In Under the Sea, i usually use 2* Storm's Wind Storm (blue) and sometimes it triggers 3* Cpt Marvel's Energy Absorption, (3 times if 3 characters are downed) even if she is not one of the opponents or enemy team-ups.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falkbeer said:
    I can confirm this behavior on multiple occasions, specially in DDQ wave missions. In Big Enchilada, when Prof X fires his passive and downs a target, if next in line is a 4* Jean Gray, she will fire her blue. In Under the Sea, i usually use 2* Storm's Wind Storm (blue) and sometimes it triggers 3* Cpt Marvel's Energy Absorption, (3 times if 3 characters are downed) even if she is not one of the opponents or enemy team-ups.

No need to confirm.
    Devs have been "investigating" for years, this will never get fixed.
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Bowgentle said:
    Falkbeer said:

No need to confirm.
    Devs have been "investigating" for years, this will never get fixed.
    I can confirm that there is no need for confirmation. I can also confirm that this bug is confirmed to be practically a feature given how long it has been around. Any update on when this feature will be removed?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Epiphany! The problem is solved! Well it can be solved, and very easily for that matter, too.

No, it's not "don't use certain characters in wave nodes" because every character who has a passive that procs from certain conditions is affected by this because it's not the characters that are bugged...IT'S THE WAVE NODE ITSELF! 

And it's not all wave nodes either, it's ONLY a problem with wave nodes that have more than 3 characters per wave.  

I guarantee you will NEVER see this problem in a 3-character per wave node, you will ONLY see it when a 4th or 5th character or 6th character (and so on) replaces a KO'd opponent in the same wave, such as DDQ's "Under the Sea" and "The Big Enchilada".

And so the solution really is very simple. You just have to limit every wave node to 3 characters per wave, and only 3 characters per wave.

That said, while the solution is simple, I do realize the actual implementation may not be, because it does mean redesigning every 4+ character wave node, including DDQ's two wave nodes.

But this IS the problem. It's not the characters, it's the wave node, and now that you know what the real problem is, you can fix it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if your observation is correct, but even if it was, 'fixing' it like that wouldn't be a real fix. Just a workaround.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @JSP869
    Thank you for reporting your findings. I've passed this information along to the team for further investigation. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    @Tombstone did they fix it??? I just encountered 3* Deadpool in today's Big Enchilada, and despite being one of the last characters to join the party, after wiping out his buddies with 5* Thanos, 3DP only created a single Life of the Party countdown tile. Did they fix this bug?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @JSP869
    I can confirm there was a fix to a similar issue with Carnage triggering Kamala Khan's passive power. I am not able to confirm that Deadpool's Life of the Party issue has been fixed. Feel free to comment if this or other similar issues are no longer occurring. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JSP869 said:
    Tombstone did they fix it??? I just encountered 3* Deadpool in today's Big Enchilada, and despite being one of the last characters to join the party, after wiping out his buddies with 5* Thanos, 3DP only created a single Life of the Party countdown tile. Did they fix this bug?
    Last I spoke with the team about this issue, they informed me that this was something that had to be fixed on an individual character basis, so it's plausible that they might have fixed it for Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Just had the 3* Cpt Marvel  Energy Absorbtion bug occur today in DDQ, so it's still happening for her at least.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    This bug is still frustrating. Big Enchilada had Jean Grey (4*) as the first replacement. Guess what my move was to down one of the first three enemies. Yup, a match five. Triggered Jean’s passive when she showed up, when she wasn’t there when the match was made. Still getting hit with 3 Raging Tempest when Court Death triggers and Storm (2*) replaces the downed enemies. Still triggering Energy absorption multiple times when Court Death deals no damage to Captain Marvel. Please listen and stop including these passives in replacement enemies if the bug can’t be fixed.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    2 years, 4 months since this bug has been reported and pinned to the forum...

I don't even have underwear that old...
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Issue today facing 4* Jean Grey in DDQ wave nice.  Nice to see we've made progress on these issues. 😅
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Theghouse said:
    Issue today facing 4* Jean Grey in DDQ wave nice.  Nice to see we've made progress on these issues. 😅
    I agree. This is absolutely ridiculous. 
  • Andy_t88
    Andy_t88 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    3 years and 2 months later, this bug still exists the same as when it was first reported. Every time 3* hulk, marv3l, and others with passives come up in a wave node they fire their passive if the conditions are met.

@Tombstone or @Brigby have any update on this? 
  • Andy_t88
    Andy_t88 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I just took 4000 damage to my team because of this bug. 2* Storm was the last character to show in the DD 1-wave node. I was using juggs, r4g, g4mora as my team and I got a 3 match cascade that too out 4 characters and left Storm with 450 health. She launched get passive 3 times even though she was only on screen and effected by it once. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andy_t88 said:
    3 years and 2 months later, this bug still exists the same as when it was first reported. Every time 3* hulk, marv3l, and others with passives come up in a wave node they fire their passive if the conditions are met.

@Tombstone or @Brigby have any update on this? 
    Let's just face it. They're never gonna fix this.