Green gal vs. Blue dude

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Yondu. Got 9 blue quickly. Then Gamora blue-cascaded and hit me with three (!) consecutive Incapacitate. Thought I was a goner, but nothing more happened to me during the stun. When I came out I got a blue match and the fight was over. LT was a Kraven champ-level. Oh well...

Comments

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quickest crash, yet, for me.  Lvl 250 (2/5/5) Yondu.  I chased black and blue.  Fired off Ravager's Ruse and then Centaurian Archery.  Poor Gamora lost 90% of her health.  Three turns later, with no powers fired by her, I won the match.  
    LT was a red cover for IW Spidey, which is fine since I'm still building him.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl279, 5/3/5. Took a while because there wasn't much blue on the board, and Gamora was getting most of it. I was starting to get a bit worried, but then things turned a bit, I got the blue I needed, and it was done!
    Now that we're back to regular LTs instead of FFs, the token is waiting for Wasp to leave.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quickest crash, yet, for me.  Lvl 250 (2/5/5) Yondu.  I chased black and blue.  Fired off Ravager's Ruse and then Centaurian Archery.  Poor Gamora lost 90% of her health.  Three turns later, with no powers fired by her, I won the match. 
    Pretty much this. Keeping my tokens for Cable.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    3/5/5 Lv 150 Blue Dude

Gamora was falling into blue, but she let me have the black. So I destroyed her blue with my black. Then I got some blue and used it to turn her black and blue. That's all this is - a race for blue. Token to the post-Loki hoard.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took a few turns with my 3/2/3 Lv 168 Yondu. One of the failed attempts She got lucky with blue drops. The next time I got lucky, including a 5-match right off the start.

LT was a Yellow Valkyrie 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    L275 5/3/5 Blue Dude.

Wasn't expecting it to be a hard battle and I hit 12 Blue early, fired and had her down to 1500 health (I had 10K plus). She immediately lucked into a match 5 cascade that gave her Black (to stop the repeater Blue damage before it even went off 1 time) plus the Blue to stun me. By the time I was unstunned I went from 10K health to a loss thanks to the attack/strike tiles.

Healed and tried again chalking it up to bad luck. The EXACT same B/S happened (and I mean exact) causing me to slam my fist on the table in the restaurant I was eating lunch in (drawing a lot of looks).

2 more tries were mostly Red boards where she creamed me (never got to fire 1 power). By now I was muttering angrily while people were staring (figured someone was gonna ask me to leave soon if I didn't win).

Finally on the 5th (or maybe it was 6th) try I downed her barely by match damaging until Blue could one shot her. I left the restaurant shortly afterwards likely to the relief of the nearby patrons.

Not once did I get a match 4 or 5 when I was <50% health.

I get irrationally angry when that kind of B/S happens because I always have 100+ health packs (taco tokens) so using several on stuff like this that I should have at most needed 1 for always feels like the game is literally stealing health packs because I can't use free ones for these battles.

KGB
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try: Level 94 Yondu, 3/3/5. I actually did better than expected (knocked her down almost halfway), but once she cast her black things went down hill fast.

Second try: Level 127 Yondu. Not a good board, and I actually did worse than my first attempt.

Third try: Level 144 Yondu. Victory! This was a pretty tense fight - I managed to get blue out early, so she was taking consistent damage. However, she had 5 blue, 9 red, and 8 black by this point, so it was a bit of a nervous and lengthy board consideration before each move. She finally grabbed another black AP, but luckily my blue finished her off before it could take me down.

My reward was an unusable Drax purple, so I decided that WASN'T my reward - I'd just grabbed the wrong one out of my meager stack of 12 tokens. I pulled one extra latest legend token, and I got a green Dazzler! That amused me, as I missed the green Dazzler in the last PvE run by a few points, as real life interfered. Even better was a bonus hero (the first 4* bonus in what feels like months), bringing my Chavez up to 2/5/4.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    L275 5/3/5 Blue Dude.

Wasn't expecting it to be a hard battle and I hit 12 Blue early, fired and had her down to 1500 health (I had 10K plus). She immediately lucked into a match 5 cascade that gave her Black (to stop the repeater Blue damage before it even went off 1 time) plus the Blue to stun me. By the time I was unstunned I went from 10K health to a loss thanks to the attack/strike tiles.

Healed and tried again chalking it up to bad luck. The EXACT same B/S happened (and I mean exact) causing me to slam my fist on the table in the restaurant I was eating lunch in (drawing a lot of looks).

2 more tries were mostly Red boards where she creamed me (never got to fire 1 power). By now I was muttering angrily while people were staring (figured someone was gonna ask me to leave soon if I didn't win).

Finally on the 5th (or maybe it was 6th) try I downed her barely by match damaging until Blue could one shot her. I left the restaurant shortly afterwards likely to the relief of the nearby patrons.

Not once did I get a match 4 or 5 when I was <50% health.

I get irrationally angry when that kind of B/S happens because I always have 100+ health packs (taco tokens) so using several on stuff like this that I should have at most needed 1 for always feels like the game is literally stealing health packs because I can't use free ones for these battles.

KGB
    I so feel for you! I also get mad as tinykitty when the game just throws you one lousy board after another. I want to break things around me. Heh.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Got my butt whooped the first two times I tried it with no boosts, even with a LVL 290 Yondu.  Gamora kept cascading into Blue, and that was all she wrote.  Finally, I decided "You know, I've got these AP boosts for a reason."  +2 All, +2 Blue, +2 Black.  So naturally, the board opens up with a match that gives me 6 Blue AP.  BOOM!  One of the Fastest Crashes I've ever had...eventually.  Token is in the hoard for when Cable shows up.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 170 5/4/4 Yondu

First fight it was back and forth but she managed to stun me right at the end and finish me off, she had 254 health left.

Second time around I got blue going much faster and had no problems, taking her down in pretty quick order.

I was trying to think - is there an actual thematic reason for Gamora to be his Crash opponent? Wouldn't Star-Lord have made more sense? Maybe I missed something.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I was trying to think - is there an actual thematic reason for Gamora to be his Crash opponent? Wouldn't Star-Lord have made more sense? Maybe I missed something.
    Maybe they were fighting over Star Lord?  
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty easy win with my 229 2/4/5 Yondu. 

LT got me my first Kitty, just in time for her PvE!

Opened today's tacos and got the Yondu cover! Now he's 2/5/5.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Maybe they were fighting over Star Lord?  
    As good as explanation as any. B)