MTGPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/25/18)

Comments

• ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    where is standard pvp event?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby i do not know if it's mistake but today two tg were available - standard one and legacy one. If it's by deliberate action - big thanks!. If this error - may I ask to investigate , find a root cause a add a comment to this line of code: don't touch that!!!! ;)
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby In the weekend of 26 of october we do not have any coalition event? Again only just the Duel Decks event?

"A World Reborn" would be a nice coalition event to run in parallel as do not add much stress.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
         Sooo now weekend "coalition" events are going to rotate beetween 3 legacy events ... 2 of them being pitifully rewarding as it is well known ...
        This is great, really ... No more standard boosters from events ... Unconsistent currencies so players won't be able to gather some before new set drops ...
        But, but ... wait a minute ... this is just another unfortunate set of circumstances right? ... I mean ... Has anyone ever complained about this final version of DD  being too unconsistent for a weekend event ...?
       Give us standard for heaven's sake!

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    So no coalition event next weekend (October 26)? Bummer!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards

Any informations why the schedule is as weird as it is?  Again, it'd be easier to swallow this if we knew if there's a reason for it.
    Plus, will the next duel decks event be as restricted as the last one?

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Daiane why is the schedule so weird? Can you pull in one of the devs to say a bit here about what they’re plotting?
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I miss standard. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Another bare bones duels decks event without an accompanying coalition event? And still no coalition events from post-HOU?

We tell you that AWR is too little for a weekend event and could fit wonderfully during the week as it has so few nodes. We tell you that Duel Decks is too little to warrant being run on it's own in place of a coalition event. Seems like the natural opportunity has presented itself to run the both of them together.

- The legacy in standard exploit was fixed, so that can't be the reason behind the lack of standard coalition events.

- The scoring bug that showed up in the last TDW isn't possible only in TDW. It could occur in any PvP event. So that also can't be the reason for a lack of newer events.

- The newer events run on a similar structure to the older events. I'm doubtful that they put more stress on the server so that also is unlikely to be the reason for a lack of newer events.

So what is the reason why we're getting nothing but older events or no events at all? Did someone from Hibernum show up to take Oktagon hostage and is forcing them to only run their old events for coalitions?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    (10/19/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and Duel Decks events.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    "??" Event? :) now THAT is interesting!
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby the starting date of the Race to Orazca event is correct? Will start on saturday 27 at 20:00 utc?

The "??" event is standard or legacy? I ask it because the green color changes on it and in TS event as well.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
       RtO is scheduled for next week ... That's interesting indeed.

On one hand, it feels nice to see someone listened and gave us some standard content... We asked for it, we have it now... And l guess we should feel happy for getting a proper coalition event too... 

On the other hand it is quite ironical to see that someone also decided to throw us the only standard event which boosters are going to rotate out in 1 or 2 weeks ... (Aren't they?)

Another unfortunate set of circumstances i guess ...
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Legacy HoD is a microcosm of what is wrong with this game.  Let’s give oversized rewards to the handful of people who already have all the cards.  
    Virtually every single major change to this game rewards people who already have a big advantage.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind a potential last run (for a while) of R2O. It's a good sign that finally a standard coalition event comes back.. But I somehow doubt the starting date!

?? is catching my attention! Will this be finally an actual QB replacement?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Legacy HoD is a microcosm of what is wrong with this game.  Let’s give oversized rewards to the handful of people who already have all the cards.  
    Virtually every single major change to this game rewards people who already have a big advantage.
    Let’s hear your proposed change to the events and the rewards. What do you think it should be instead?
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    The problem with Hod: you have to come through it without crashes. Had two this time so far. One longetime "friend": sww and one time supringly app was close without a reason. 

The game went smoother back in old days, when I cycled away hundred of cards, or managed to energize the whole board. Okay the game went slower then, but didn't crash. 

• Gilesclone
    Let’s hear your proposed change to the events and the rewards. What do you think it should be instead?
    I would suggest putting more of the rewards into progression and less into insane prizes like 300 purple to the top 5.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    edited October 2018
    I would suggest putting more of the rewards into progression and less into insane prizes like 300 purple to the top 5.
    That's what was done with the PVE events like the long cold darkness.

HoD and similar events are supposed to be exciting with a big prize to shoot for. Those big prizes are given to all scorers who can get a perfect. If you haven't ascended to that level of play yet you can! @Brakkis managed to pull off a -1 with mostly standard cards. You can do it! Just keep building your collection and getting better and you can nab a great prize too.
  • Gilesclone
    I have 90% of the cards in game. I’m part of the problem.  Players who started in the last year have no way of acquiring a legacy collection like mine, let alone like the legion of players who have been here from the beginning.
    I have decks that regularly win in 5 turns or less and I don’t even have most of the really broken cards.
    There is no way for new players to catch up on Legacy mythics.  Play every event every day and you barely keep up on standard.