Heroes only Lightning Rounds 18-21.03

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    ^ Oh, I see, thanks. I will keep any blacks in the future if no other covers come, it's just that why bother for a minuscule amount of added damage if I won't have enough ISO anyway. Punisher is a staple on my roster now that he is my max level character, but not the only one, I also have usable Spidey, Hood and Psylocke, for example.
  • There are currently two characters (Black Panther and Thor) that should displace The Punisher's spot in the top tier so while normally not being able to max The Punisher would be a mistake, it's probably not too bad as you can just work on Thor/BP instead. I think it takes about 80K from level 100 to 141, so just because you have the covers doesn't mean you can level him to 141 anytime soon, especially given there are very good other candidates to level up right now.
  • over_clocked
    Ew, lazyThor and Panther do not inspire me much, I'd rather work on Punisher & Hood instead.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    ^ Oh, I see, thanks. I will keep any blacks in the future if no other covers come, it's just that why bother for a miniscule amount of added damage if I won't have enough ISO anyway. Punisher is a staple on my roster now that he is my max level character, but not the only one, I also have usable Spidey, Hood and Psylocke, for example.

You might not have the iso now, but down the road, you might change your mind and want to level up your Punisher as much as you can. I think 1k iso is a small enough amount that it's worth not selling the covers to have the option to do that.
  • locked wrote:
    Ew, lazyThor and Panther do not inspire me much, I'd rather work on Punisher & Hood instead.

That's fine, and Hood needs level more than anyone else because of his extra low HP status anyway.
  • Nice last second push there Feyda To steal 1st place away in that last LR icon_e_smile.gif
    Congrats on the win.
  • That was a pretty nasty bracket for li'l ol' me. I think I managed to snag 8th by the skin of my teeth. Waiting in awards to confirm.
  • wathombe wrote:
    That was a pretty nasty bracket for li'l ol' me. I think I managed to snag 8th by the skin of my teeth. Waiting in awards to confirm.

Its an unbracketed free for all. Sorry I picked on you so much but you were right on my heels for a bit there and I had to establish a buffer if I wanted top 2.
    However Grats on 8th I hope you did better on you tokens then I did.
    (G punisher, R gsbw,and Y IM 40 only needed the widow)
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    That was a pretty nasty bracket for li'l ol' me. I think I managed to snag 8th by the skin of my teeth. Waiting in awards to confirm.

Its an unbracketed free for all. Sorry I picked on you so much but you were right on my heels for a bit there and I had to establish a buffer if I wanted top 2.

I wanted to go to bed an hour ago!. I was just gonna do the seed teams to go to bed. Stupid patch and his refusal to die. Wait... No I take that back.

I however, did not realize it was going to be me against all of django unbuffed. Ended up third which is still the best I've ever done in an LR by far
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    wathombe wrote:

I wanted to go to bed an hour ago!. I was just gonna do the seed teams to go to bed. Stupid patch and his refusal to die. Wait... No I take that back.

I however, did not realize it was going to be me against all of django unbuffed. Ended up third which is still the best I've ever done in an LR by far

All on Djano unbuffed? O.o I didn't realize we had anyone else lurking online at a this time of night.

And I'll admit you had on on my toes at the end there I was worried that you might have had me or Freya qued up and ready to jump 25+ points to steal a top 2 spot

-edit- here's a screenshot for final standings in case anyone wanted em
    nqns4p.png
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll cherish that screenshot forever, or until I finish second.

Yeah, I started with an hour left but I was MOWING through teams, and healing with OBW right before the entire other team exploded. I basically went nonstop for an hour and only used one health pack, Buffed patch makes me giggle.

How did you screenshot final standings? Just right before the end? I never saw you get jumped
  • Yeah took the screen is during the last sixty seconds.
    Feyda jumped me with like 6mins to go but figured that with our lead someone would need 2 wins to pass us.
  • locked wrote:
    Am I wrong in tossing out 2 black Punisher covers? (one from the Hulk, one from the current LRs). Mine is already 3 in black and I prefer the ISO more at this moment, I don't have enough ISO anyway to level him from level 102 to whatever the next level is. I only usually slap the cheaper 1* and 2** covers on in whatever order they come.

If you're at 11 covers currently by all means apply them. 5 black is really cool. I just don't have it because want the other two more. I run him 4/5/4 before getting the last red and 5 black has the awesome counter improvement.
  • over_clocked
    edited March 2014
    Bonfire, do you *really* have to hit one and the same person (me) 4 times in a row? How do you even do that?
    By the way your Patch killed himself hilariously. Somehow enemy Patch green always fails to net him a victory lol.

Spoke too soon, another opponent, first time ever Patch green actually helps win the game, but it was my mistake of course, popped Berserk myself without thinking. What a treacherous skill lol.
  • I entered the last one about 30 seconds later than I usually do and my first three opponents were two seed teams and Nemek icon_e_surprised.gif

Fun stuff.
  • over_clocked
    Nemek substitutes for Batt1e_Ange1.
  • I entered the last one about 30 seconds later than I usually do and my first three opponents were two seed teams and Nemek icon_e_surprised.gif

Fun stuff.
    For me Nemek was like 5th or 6th, but when I defeat seed team in other node, another seed team showed.

Weird.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    The last LR was the most I've ever used Patch, needless to say. I'm sold.
  • The last LR was the most I've ever used Patch, needless to say. I'm sold.
    Yeah, for the last two days I used him quite often. In LR, together with boosted Hulk and Punisher, they are a very tough opponent.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    wathombe wrote:

Hey, Ferret, I went to bed, so sorry not to respond last night. I do know that it's unbracketed; I meant a nasty round.

All good on the attacks! If I had a better middle character than OBW I would have been hitting you right back. Someday soon.

My tokens were half and half, which is pretty good: one green GSBW (my second) and an unneeded red IM40.

All in all, I snagged 11 tokens from this week's LRs--one top 2 finish and 4 top 8 finishes. That is by far the best I've ever done in Hero LRs, so I am very pleased. Much credit to my fellow FittedKitchens for advice and encouragement. Much respect to all my competitors this week--it was super fun.

See you next time around!