Elektra (Unkillable) - Shadow Step resolution order vs Chavez [Investigating]

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I was in a PVP match in Women of Marvel the other day, and I had shadow step tiles on the board. Elektr4 was out front, and the enemy Chavez started doing #ChavezStuff. There was a cascade in play, and all the steps of it were triggering the Shadow Step traps like you'd expect and eating the damage, but not applying the retaliation damage to Chavez as it was happening. If it had done, she would have been downed before Fear Not and Ticket to the Multiverse triggered, but instead all the damage was batched and held until after all of the stuff with Chavez had resolved. I'm not sure if the issue is with Shadow Step, or with Chavez though, because I routinely see the animation for Ticket to the Multiverse happening after what seems like the turn reverting to me. This is kind of tough to reproduce, has anybody else seen this happen?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The issue is with Shadow Step. It always holds off on dealing damage until everything else currently happening is resolved.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That seems...like a bummer if it's working as designed. It would be ideal if the damage reduction and retaliation would happen simultaneously from a defense standpoint
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah Shadow Step is annoying that way. Also comes up if, for example, Elektra prevents damage from 4-5 matches in a big cascade, still manages to die in that cascade, and the AI team has one character left with sub-1000 hit points. She could have downed them before the cascade ended, but no. Now she's downed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hmm...I'm actually not certain whether that's by design or if it's a bug. For due diligence, I'll pass it along to the team for investigation.