One of the biggest annoyances left for me, what about you?

Options
2»

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Borstock said:
    Nothing is more annoying to me than winning 75 PvP matches and getting knocked down to ~350 points so you need to fight again for placement.  You shouldn't go 75-1 and finish t200. There's got to be a better system. 
    hehe  If the only way you can get the 1200 cp is through 75wins,  you really don't have a roster than can compete for placements in scl 8 and scl9

This is not true. If left unshielded you'll get whacked no matter how good your roster. Personally I prefer 75 wins slowly over 3 days with no shields, even if is much faster and probably easier to do it with shields and coordination.  If I get 75 too early I'm done with the event and also end up top 200.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Phumade said:
    hehe  If the only way you can get the 1200 cp is through 75wins,  you really don't have a roster than can compete for placements in scl 8 and scl9

This is not true. If left unshielded you'll get whacked no matter how good your roster. Personally I prefer 75 wins slowly over 3 days with no shields, even if is much faster and probably easier to do it with shields and coordination.  If I get 75 too early I'm done with the event and also end up top 200.
    Agreed.  Just because someone goes 75 wins doesn't mean they can't go 1200 points.  I can and did for a good 6 months before I switched to wins.  I switched to wins because I save tons of HP, I never wanted to fight for placement anyway, and I can play at my pace with wins (more or less).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know how you guys do it - 75 wins. I mean, I know I do 70 wins in PvE every two days but that's against weak-sauce opponents at a level of my choosing and I can (mostly) use any team of three I want.

75 wins against elite player developed teams when I'm forced to bring an essential?  ...ugh.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Crunchyroll uses "The" in their title names so "The Slayers" is listed under T, not S.  It's just as wrong there as it is here though, and I agree "The" shouldn't be considered part of a character's name for alphabetical sorting purposes.  Unless there's a Marvel character called "The".
    That's especially dumb because "The Slayers" is the first season and the following two are "Slayers Next" and "Slayers Try", meaning you're going to get confused looking for at least one of them.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a person who plays for placement (T5 to T10 CL8 PVE) I have to say it doesn't bother me. And just this last PVE I lost about 200 points because I couldn't finish the loaner node before time ran out.  I know for 5* players who are used to using the same two characters for every node and powering through with the same strategy it can be super annoying to have to switch up 1 out of 11-12 nodes, but I actually like it.  And it's not like it's just an inconvenience for some.  Everyone has to play it.

Banquetto said:

The freaking loaner node ..
    Out of curiosity, how complete is your roster?

As a fairly new player (currently working on rostering 3* champs, only about a third of them rostered so far and only two champed), I very much enjoy the loaner node since it's an opportunity to play with unfamiliar champs.

But I can certainly imagine that for more veteran players, it would instead just be painful being forced to play with a lineup you don't get to pick.
    This tends to be a vet-heavy place, and I appreciate the new player perspective, so thanks for that!
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I don't know how you guys do it - 75 wins. I mean, I know I do 70 wins in PvE every two days but that's against weak-sauce opponents at a level of my choosing and I can (mostly) use any team of three I want.

75 wins against elite player developed teams when I'm forced to bring an essential?  ...ugh.
    Give me an hour to casually pvp while watching tv or walking the dog and I can get my daily wins, no rush and much more flexible over the course of the event.  Pve has way more constraints
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Borstock said:
    Nothing is more annoying to me than winning 75 PvP matches and getting knocked down to ~350 points so you need to fight again for placement.  You shouldn't go 75-1 and finish t200. There's got to be a better system. 

I can and do hit 1200 without doing 75 wins. That wasn't my point, though. If you CHOOSE to go for 75, as many and I sometimes do to save HP or just to play more casually, the end result feels absurd. I win 75 times, lose maybe twice, and if you don't shield you are 75-2 and don't even crack the top 100. That just feels like an absurd system to me. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    jredd said:
    Borstock said:
    um... use shields maybe?
    I do. That's beside the point, though. 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Placement in Pvp is about timing and knowing when to find points in the slice you’re playing in. Top 25 is pretty easy if you know these things. On topic: loaner nodes can be painful, but things aren’t always supposed to be easy in the game. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    pfarewell said:
    Placement in Pvp is about timing and knowing when to find points in the slice you’re playing in. Top 25 is pretty easy if you know these things. On topic: loaner nodes can be painful, but things aren’t always supposed to be easy in the game. 
    I know that. We all do. 

And I consider this on topic, since the OP asked what things annoy us. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just thinking about that. It's occasionally not too bad (CMags is actually carrying it pretty well this time if I can get the red and blue), but most of the time, it's just a slog, and sometimes it's an absolute nightmare.

I was also thinking about how, when I was back in 1* and 2*, and to a certain extent even in 3*, I really liked the Loaner nodes, because they were easier than anything else, and I got to use cool characters who I didn't have. But I think that first point really had more to do with Roster-based scaling. Maybe make it one that goes to 0 points after the first clear, but can still be played afterward, so lower tier players can still get a chance to mess around with the higher power characters if they want.
    I think if there are no rewards for additional clears, that's a pretty good incentive for players *not* to play a node.
    There could still be ISO and stuff in there. Like in Growth Industry.

pheregas said:
    It's trite, but every alphabetical sorting system in the world excludes "The" at the start.  "The Hulk" should not be near Thing in alphabetical sorting.  

Crunchyroll uses "The" in their title names so "The Slayers" is listed under T, not S.  It's just as wrong there as it is here though, and I agree "The" shouldn't be considered part of a character's name for alphabetical sorting purposes.  Unless there's a Marvel character called "The".
    The one place I think it's useful is listings of punk bands. Otherwise, there's no way to place "The The" ;)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    It's trite, but every alphabetical sorting system in the world excludes "The" at the start.  "The Hulk" should not be near Thing in alphabetical sorting.  

The one place I think it's useful is listings of punk bands. Otherwise, there's no way to place "The The" ;)
    They're usually filed under "The, The".  You know, like "Duran, Duran" or "Talk, Talk" :)
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Simply the amount of time needed to play the game is a bit much.  I want to play PVE and PVP.  The amount of grind needed is a lot.  75 wins in PVP???  It's a bit much.  4 replays of the same node?  It's a bit much.

Other then that, happy :smile:
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Pretty sure that fixing that would make web tiles not work or something. This game has some weird coding dependencies.