4* DDQ: Battle of the Shield Tossers (Taskmaster vs. Captain America)

jamesh
jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a very forgiving Captain America: I managed to beat him first go using my 2/1/2 level 111 Taskmaster.
I had him configured with Moving Target, Billy Club, and Moonsilver Blades.  It took two reds and a black to take down Captain America, and the occasional stun helped.
I managed to deny enough red to prevent Captain America throwing his shield.  He got his yellow off, but I managed to match away the three protect tiles.  It also helped that he's missing blue covers so couldn't stun me.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    My first attempt with level 111 TM failed, got a lousy board. Will try again with your config and hope for better boards.

Second attempt I was lucky. LT was a HB champ level.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I cannot BELIEVE that they had Taskmaster already on clash of the titans. 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    I have a lvl 78 1/1/1 TM (was 0/0/1 until today where I raided the vault and bought the HfH) and there's just no winning this one.

Congrats D3 on breaking my streak.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    1-1-3, Star Spangled Avenger, Billy Club, Skull Cracker. Stunned whenever I could, made it with about 1K health to spare.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cannot BELIEVE that they had Taskmaster already on clash of the titans. 
    In fairness, they gave him the easiest opponent I can recall seeing in a Crash. A level 200 3* Cap with no blue would barely be a speedbump for a character ready for a regular Crash. Also, I don't know what the plan is for making his covers available, but it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have a chance to get Tasky significantly better until next Anniversary.

Anyhow, 1/1/3 Lvl 111. Moving Target, Ruthless Precision, Moonsilver Blades. I also took in 2 extra black AP, 100% match damage, and an extra 50% red and yellow damage. As is often the case, I was probably over-equipped, since I still had a pretty good chunk of health when Steve hit the ground. Ruthless Precision definitely did more for me than Billy Club would have, but it was really the Moonsilver Blades and match damage that did the heavy work. Never did fire Moving Target.
    Token was a Vulture champ level.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Taskmaster is 1/1/1 and it took me two tries to defeat him because nerfed Captain America was cascading into a sea of aps in the first match.

I won on the second try without any boosts. My Taskmaster abilities are Moving Target, Billy Club and Moonsilver Blades, if this helps.

This is one of the easiest crash that I have won.

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    1/1/0 failed a couple times unboosts, but with max damage boosts, got it right away. Moving Target and Billy Club.

Got my 9th Iron Spider cover, one more to put him on the SHIELD Shelf.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    He went down pretty easily with my lvl 94 1/2/1. Same setup as above: Moving Target, Billy Club and Moonsilver Blades. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I won first try with lvl 94 (1/2/1).  I used lvl 25 Hydra Henchmen support with the set up of: Buncha Fiddle-Faddle, Ruthless Precision, and Shadow Step with +2 red, blue, and black AP.  I denied red and yellow AP as much as possible.  Cap still fired off one round of red but no yellow.  I won with only 900 health left.  I think shadow stepped helped me out a lot.

Token was green X-23, which is fine since I'm still building my 4*.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 80, 2/1/3 (Grim Efficiency, Billy Club, Moonsilver Blades), second try, no boosts. Did have a lvl 100 Ebony Maw equipped. Cap fired no powers at all.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Lv111 2/2/1 (Moving Target, Ruthless Precision, Moonsilver Blades), second try with +50% R/Y damage and no supports equipped.  Taskmaster fired his red and blue once each and his black twice (victory came on matching the red countdown).  Cap fired his red once, but I matched the countdown before he could get the AP back.  Hopefully Taskmaster studied Cap closely in this Crash, as his version of Star-Spangled Avenger doesn't return nearly as much AP as Cap's.  Taskmaster only had 693 health left, so it was my second closest Crash ever (I think Kate only had ~100 health left when she faced OML originally)

The LT gave me a red OML, making him 3/2/2.  ...and 5*'s out of 2/3 LT's from the crashes in the Anniversary.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1/2/3 managed it first vanilla try with 117 health left.  Moonsilver Blades for the win.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won with a Level 80 Taskmaster with Moving Target, Billy Club, Moonsilver Blades and with boosted ap and match damage. Legendary got me an Iron Spidey.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Soooooo after reading the replies here I went back to try again. I spent CP to push TM up to 1/1/2 lvl 94 and went with Moving Target, Billy Club & Moonsilver Blades and ended up beating Cap with 194 health left.

The streak remains unbroken!

LT got me a purple Blonde Widow which brings her to 4/3/3.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4/4 Lv 150 Taskmaster

Black and Red was everywhere so it was over quickly using Star Spangled Avenger and Moonsilver Blades. Token was a Medusa champ level and continues my cold streak of zero 5-stars out of the Fan Favorites vault.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I beat him with a 0/1/1 Taskmaster. I used Billy Club and Moonsilver Blades. If you manage to collect a lot of blue, you can chain the 1-turn stuns to keep him stunned for 2 or even 3 turns. The countdown is four turns, so if you have three countdown tiles out, he'll be stunned 75% of the time. Helps a lot!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Just won with a 1/1/0 Taskmaster (Star Spangled Avenger and Speed Shot) after 4 or 5 attempts!

Fav Fave token was a vulture champ level
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Won on my 2nd try with 0/1/1 Level 74 Taskmaster!
    Used Billy Club and Shadow Step (and heavy boosting, of course).

Carnage SAVED cover from my FFLT.