October Q&A Session - Question Submission (10/9/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here is where you can submit your questions to Oktagon for the October Q&A Session.

In order to make it easy to collate and compile all questions, we would like to kindly ask all players limit themselves to only one comment with just their top 3 questions they'd like to submit. (Brief explanations are fine, but please no novels) We will then compile a list of the top 10 questions asked by the community, and Oktagon will answer as many of them as they are able to.

We will be closing the submission thread next Monday 10/15 at 18:00 PT / 21:00 ET / Tuesday 10/16, 02:00 UTC. We will then compile the questions, and send it over to Oktagon for review and answering. Once they have done that, we will format it and prepare it for posting in the forum.

Comments

• Buizel
    Buizel Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Can we lose the exp rune system? It's no fun to spend $25.00 on a single planeswalker and only have enough runes to level them 15% of their cap. We're lucky to earn 200 runes per win and it's a complete joke they take 80,000 — 320,000 runes to level. 

Can you change the pack system to feel less miserable? How is it acceptable to release packages for $30.00 that don't even guarantee a single mythic. 

Does Okatgon care about their player base?
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Elite packs are currently cycling through standard sets without the chance to fill up missing cards from older sets.
    Are there any plans to add a non standard elite pack or adding the possibility to craft masterpieces for mana runes or pinkies?
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    1. How will you fix the bugs and errors that make us lose games or charges? The leaderboards should not be dictated by being lucky enough to not encounter bugs or errors.
    2. How will you fix event end times in a way that everyone can finish all their charges (if they choose to do so), but won't be restricted by the timezone they live in?
    3. How will you fix the lack of communication? By this I mean satisfying answers to Q&A's and making sure all players (ingame and on the forums) know what's going on at any given time. Maybe if we get that, we can take the opportunity and think up new questions. 
  • ChrisMan10485
    ChrisMan10485 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Will there ever be ways to get exclusive cards that were missed in the past or are they gone for good for the new players or anyone who missed them at the time?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will there ever be ways to get exclusive cards that were missed in the past or are they gone for good for the new players or anyone who missed them at the time?
    @ChrisMan10485 — I’ve answered your question in PM since this thread is not for discussion. 
  • Mrninjaxl
    Mrninjaxl Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Would it be possible to create a card filter for looking at just your "NEW" cards?

Are you looking into targeting supports on the board?

Any plans on bringing slivers into the mix?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Can I ask for a sweet one toggle between standard / legacy when I'm constructing deck? I'm tired of selecting each set searching by keyword, clearing filter , selecting each set... Please. It's really simple thing but quality of my life will change .
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    With all of the sudden new bugs overtaking the game,  are you taking time to revisit your quality assurance process and develop a better regression test and impact analysis process?

Also, would you consider some of your dev team taking on "low hanging fruit" bugs to fix and get out to live more than once a month? Things like text on cards or bugs that are "easy" for your team to fix? We really don't mind a couple .0X's, if they fix some minor quality of life issues. At least I wouldn't...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there thoughts of adding _Wide_ numbers of filters beyond what people have listed above?
    New objectives make me want to sort creatures by Power or Toughness, things like that! Have you thought about designing the filters in step with each new objective?
  • hueyTW
    hueyTW Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Will the cards in duel event become craftable ?
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Questions:

Why bother soliciting feedback at all if you’re just going to ignore it and do the opposite. That’s very frustrating!

Why are you so against giving us content for the new sets in a timely manner? I can’t speak for others but I know that I’m more likely to spend money on a game I feel good about and less likely to spend money on a game that doesn’t offer good value. 

And, actually, I would like to know the answer about when exclusives are available as well. If there’s already an answer, perhaps we could make a separate thread instead of PMing people? 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    3 simple questions:

1. When will you fix your communication skills and answer the flood of questions already asked for which no answers were received?

2. When will you fix your communication skills and answer the flood of questions already asked for which no answers were received?

3. When will you fix your communication skills and answer the flood of questions already asked for which no answers were received?
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:
    @ChrisMan10485 — I’ve answered your question in PM since this thread is not for discussion. 
    Why is that not a valid question to ask Oktagon? I would like to know if they plan to implement ways for us new players to obtain them. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    1) What are the plans for the upcoming holidays?  Will we see themed content or deals? :)

2) Providing new content and fresh and novel event designs has been a strongpoint of Oktagon.  As we have seen in the Duels event implementation, are there plans to provide mini-expansions to other older sets?  Perhaps in conjunction with those block events rerunning?

3) Among others I've noticed some bug types that have been resolved at other times in the past recurring.  It seems like this must be an issue with the underlying source issues being re-exposed through subsequent patch changes.   Barring major rewrites, how can these be handled so that we don't see prior fixed issues reoccur as much in the future?  (For example, prevent damage blocking destroy effects which has appeared and been fixed multiple times just to name one.  Or hexproof preventing untargetted effects.)

Thanks!
  • bk1234
    edited October 2018
    EvilDead said:
    bken1234 said:
    Why is that not a valid question to ask Oktagon? I would like to know if they plan to implement ways for us new players to obtain them. 
    Because this is already in place. Exclusives become available for crafting either when a new set comes in or when the next set is available for crafting. Sometimes they are also added to pinky packs after the next set comes up as well. 

Asking « if » is a moot point because there are already several mechanisms that make them available. 

However one could ask for consistency in how and when they are available. 

[MOD MIC ON] But — further discussion of this (if you want it) needs to be taken to a new thread. There are rules for this thread. 
  • bk1234
    1. Where do you see the future of your blog posts going? Would it be possible to do a short weekly blog describing the design and though process around specific cards or mechanics?

2. Now that the beta process is in place, how do you see that feature benefiting the game in the future?

3. Last month you celebrated one year designing MtGPQ -- what are you most proud of?

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    1) Are there any plans to make older sets/Elite-Pack/Planeswalker more accessible.

2) Any news about Story mode? 

3) what about your code? Every patch is like pandoras box. Something works like intended (patch node) and something very different (e. g. Sphinx decree) crashes the game after patch, while didn't get a change in  the first place. This is at least annoying and let me think about the future with more and more sets/cards/effects comming. 
This discussion has been closed.