One of the biggest annoyances left for me, what about you?

BigSoftieFF
BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
I just recently really started really trying to place in PVE events and there is one thing that keeps coming back to me that is utterly painful to do....

The freaking loaner node or whatever you want to call it. It’s annoying, slow, and it seems as though the mash up of characters for any given event just don’t work well together. I know I’ve read suggestions on here about making it a one and done and I have to say, I have seen the light. 

Would be an awesome anniversary change don’t ya think?

Comments

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, it feels like the Devs really don’t think about creating a good team combination. As opposed to the Bohemoth Burrito team combos.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    Agreed, it feels like the Devs really don’t think about creating a good team combination. As opposed to the Bohemoth Burrito team combos.
    A recent Burrito was Invisible Woman/2* Thor/Patch. That was an absolutely rubbish team, practically no synergy at all. Didn't help that the opponents included OBW and Hood.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed the synergy between Ms Marvel's yellow and Magneto's red Power this time around...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto that. 3* Magneto and 2* Marvel complements each other pretty well. Switch Taskmaster's Black to Howard green tiles destruction ability and you get many cascades. Pick Speed Shot to enjoy bonus damage from Match 5.

Sometimes, it's a hit and miss. The previous event with 4* Like Cage was a killer.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    A recent Burrito was Invisible Woman/2* Thor/Patch. That was an absolutely rubbish team, practically no synergy at all. Didn't help that the opponents included OBW and Hood.
    I think the Behemoth Burrito teams are ones that are culled from the Balance of Power events.  That is why those teams are, on average, better than the random ones in theloaner nodes.  I know there was one team that was XFW, Deadpool and Daken, which is a team that I used in the BoP.

And yeah, that IW/Patch/Thor team was miserable.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Yesterday's Venom/3*Bullseye/ I don't remember was rough as well.  I get how it 's supposed to work, but it was really slow going.  I rarely even bother with the 2 star DDQ fights also.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Some of them have been tough, but the Webbed Wonder one was not that hard. Magneto's Blue and Red Power are really good and using Moonsilver Blades from Taskmaster's black power is a done deal for any enemy left. The loaner nodes against Mindless ones are really tough. Sometimes the characters just don't sync well as a team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the node being there, one of the reasons being what @TPF Alexis explained very well, but it can be slow for people with advanced rosters looking for placement speed. I'll calculate (guess) at how much time I'll need to do my final 3 clears before a sub ends, then give myself a 10 minute cushion and start early - just to make sure I clear out the loaner node because it takes that much longer than the others.

Too often the 2-star isn't much help, and if the 4-star is more of a support character or slow (expensive powers) you're relying on your 3-star to handle business. That's fine, but it generally won't be quick.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    I guess the joke is fire Patch's green, then IWs blue to lock all (or most) of the strike tiles you just gave away?

/shrug
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    I guess the joke is fire Patch's green, then IWs blue to lock all (or most) of the strike tiles you just gave away?

/shrug
    Yeah, that's what I did. Unfortunately even though I got plenty of greens it took forever to get enough blues so I sat on my greens the whole match until the very last move which was dull as hell.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I've always used the loaners for them. Just habit since I used to worry about taking damage. But it does let me just quit the match if it doesn't go my way early. Especially with teams that only use 4 colors, if the board is just the other 2 I restart it. Sometimes I just use a strong AOE team up and get it over with quicker.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's trite, but every alphabetical sorting system in the world excludes "The" at the start.  "The Hulk" should not be near Thing in alphabetical sorting.  
  • BigSoftieFF
    edited October 2018
    I’ve also read some suggestions about making it the 3/4/5 instead of the 2/3/4. That would be a bit better and let’s people play around with a 5* that may not have.

When I was starting out the node seemed ok but once for points and repeatable for “fun” is more than enough now. I would think at the very least they’d want the loaners to be at or near peak power to encourage the chase.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

The freaking loaner node ..
    Out of curiosity, how complete is your roster?

As a fairly new player (currently working on rostering 3* champs, only about a third of them rostered so far and only two champed), I very much enjoy the loaner node since it's an opportunity to play with unfamiliar champs.

But I can certainly imagine that for more veteran players, it would instead just be painful being forced to play with a lineup you don't get to pick.
  • BigSoftieFF
    Banquetto said:

The freaking loaner node ..
    Out of curiosity, how complete is your roster?

As a fairly new player (currently working on rostering 3* champs, only about a third of them rostered so far and only two champed), I very much enjoy the loaner node since it's an opportunity to play with unfamiliar champs.

But I can certainly imagine that for more veteran players, it would instead just be painful being forced to play with a lineup you don't get to pick.
    Admittedly it’s very complete. I didn’t mind it when I was newer either but absolutely hate it now.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing is more annoying to me than winning 75 PvP matches and getting knocked down to ~350 points so you need to fight again for placement.  You shouldn't go 75-1 and finish t200. There's got to be a better system. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Nothing is more annoying to me than winning 75 PvP matches and getting knocked down to ~350 points so you need to fight again for placement.  You shouldn't go 75-1 and finish t200. There's got to be a better system. 
    um... use shields maybe?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    hehe  If the only way you can get the 1200 cp is through 75wins,  you really don't have a roster than can compete for placements in scl 8 and scl9

• AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    I was just thinking about that. It's occasionally not too bad (CMags is actually carrying it pretty well this time if I can get the red and blue), but most of the time, it's just a slog, and sometimes it's an absolute nightmare.

I was also thinking about how, when I was back in 1* and 2*, and to a certain extent even in 3*, I really liked the Loaner nodes, because they were easier than anything else, and I got to use cool characters who I didn't have. But I think that first point really had more to do with Roster-based scaling. Maybe make it one that goes to 0 points after the first clear, but can still be played afterward, so lower tier players can still get a chance to mess around with the higher power characters if they want.
    I think if there are no rewards for additional clears, that's a pretty good incentive for players *not* to play a node.
    pheregas said:
    It's trite, but every alphabetical sorting system in the world excludes "The" at the start.  "The Hulk" should not be near Thing in alphabetical sorting.  

Crunchyroll uses "The" in their title names so "The Slayers" is listed under T, not S.  It's just as wrong there as it is here though, and I agree "The" shouldn't be considered part of a character's name for alphabetical sorting purposes.  Unless there's a Marvel character called "The".