New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof said:
    So, I'm trying to figure this out - for high-level alliances, it would still be in our overall best interest to having people doing the "normal" and "Hard" sub-chapters, rather than just all jumping into "Deadly?"
    The way I read it is, you can earn all those alliance rewards as long as your alliance splits evenly between doing the Normal, Hard and Deadly missions. 

If everyone jumps into the Deadly missions, then all the other alliance rewards will go to waste. 
    Once a chapter is fully complete, you work on others. But yes, probably best to spread between all 3 to try and earn all possible rewards.

Wow, that is THE one thing you really shouldnt do, spread out between all levels. Could spread out between normal and hard or go all-in on deadly, but if you go all 3, you will screw yourself out of 2 top prizes. 
    Would expect a little more caution from a mod. Different color posts get extra attention... this case, less info was better i suppose..

bbigler said:
    My Math confirms the impossibility of getting all alliance rewards!  10 players for Deadly subs, 6 players for Hard subs, and 4 players for Normal subs.  So, with 20 people, you could get HALF of the total alliance rewards.  Or just pile 20 people into the 2 hard subs, which appears to be the best strategy right now.  Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
    D3 just the badly informed middle man, give all credit to Demiurge.. ;-)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a little bummed it takes all 20 people to clear out both dailies, but not terribly surprised. that's still much better rewards than any other event.

One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

We've been conditioned to believe there are more than enough points in each event to comfortably obtain all rewards possible. Again, maybe it was just me, but I was operating under that assumption for this event as well. They could have nipped that in the bud by clearly telling us beforehand this event will be different and not possible to earn all the rewards at each tier. It would be up to us to decided as an alliance that level of rewards we want to pursue. It would have tempered expectations and let us plan accordingly. 
    It doesn't help that there is a 360 point discrepancy between Deadly Left and Deadly Right.  We could concentrate our fire on the right and just ignore the left.
  • Haganedragon
    Haganedragon Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    GrimSkald said:
    The language here is a bit disturbing to me.  Seriously, this event is an order of magnitude more generous than anything we've ever seen before, and people are complaining that they may miss out on one LT?  Out of a potential 8?
    Before you could get 2LTs and 4 4stars three of which are consolidated covers, meaning the same hero. So that is 6LTs. This was achievable with a mix alliance of experience and hardcore players with a few beginners and casuals. If you have mix alliance your looking at 4LTs and a 4star if you did everything right with 120-150 command points if you had people complete a hard node. Overall a bit better, but not as initially hyped I think

Like I said before I think people were super hyped to get 2LTs and 60 command points a day.

• Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I think the main problem with this event is the lack of communication. Had we all know the number of people needed to do each progression, we can do coordination within our alliances way more effectively. We can expect what we can accomplished and what's not ahead of time; thus less disappointment.
  • Haganedragon
    Haganedragon Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    If they gave us more info on how many people it would take to clear nodes at the start there would be less complaining.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Edgeman said:
    I think the main problem with this event is the lack of communication. Had we all know the number of people needed to do each progression, we can do coordination within our alliances way more effectively. We can expect what we can accomplished and what's not ahead of time; thus less disappointment.
    What?  Communication?  I don't think that they know that word.

Edit:  That was a little mean of me, right?
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Yea, our alliance split up since that seemed to be the logical way to hit this event. Now we're spread out and discover that's not the way to do it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edgeman said:
    I'm a little bummed with the communication also.  In my alliance we sent scouts out to 1 of each difficulty to get point totals so now we can't mathematically do deadly full twice on day 1.  Not a huge deal but it stinks to lose out on an LT and 10 CP.

I'm also interested to see how lower alliance fair with this.  They will have gotten 0 warning/explanation and may well have no way to coordinate because the in-game chat is absolutely awful.

I like the event and the concept.  I'm also fine with an alliance not being able to do all 3 effectively. In the end just saying 10 to each side of deadly is going to be a lot easier to not mess up then, you 6 go here, you 6 go here, you 3 go here, etc. The way they communicate the new feature was the real problem, as usual.  It's really striking the difference now that I also play another game which I'll probably get a warning if I say, nut you probably know the one.  Way better in game communication, it's constant and detailed.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I just wish one person could have nabbed the 10 CP at Deadliest per day... Otherwise, it was a fun hour power through the event and only took me 10 health packs with my roster.
  • Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    So if it is impossible to secure all 6 nodes, then we were meant to fail?  That was a sarcastic reference to the first Galactus event.

I love this game, I really do and have been playing for most of the 5 years.  And they get SO CLOSE to doing something awesome and then fail in the last moment.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
    The problem there is if someone wants to coast and just do easy with their 5* roster and you put them in Deadly, they can just sulk and not do any of it.

I mean sure you could just kick that person, but the same's true without ruling the event with an iron fist, too =/
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    i love the event, and think the rewards are perfectly fine if not better. while true that it would have been nice to know in advance all the alliance needs to hit deadly for the 2 LT's, i believe the failure to communicate that was on both the event posting and the players - we took it as granted that everything can be achieved, and they didn't bother to correct us.

in any case, after running through the sub with 5*thanos murdering half my roster, i had a crazy thought. since we aren't on a timer, tomorrow i can play PVE.... without thanos.
    like, try out different teams for fun.
    without giving up on rewards.

so happy about that.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels