Finally joined the forum to post a success story

Ex_XMan_Man
Ex_XMan_Man Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
Hello all!

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now and decided to finally join in on the fun.  I've been playing for a little over a year now.  I actually started playing the game when it first came out and we had the environmental AP tiles and Ragnarok was just destroying everything.  But life moved on and I stopped playing.  A little over a year ago I picked it back up and started anew and boy was there a lot of changes.  I've been playing consecutively ever since and (usually) enjoying it.

Anyway...I'm in the slow transition from 3* to 4* now.  I've rostered most of the 4's but don't have anyone over 8 covers.  So playing the Crash of the Titans is usually something I have access to but get straight up mollywhopped when attempting it.

Lo and behold I finally beat my first Crash.  With whom you might ask...?? None other than Howard the Duck.  And it was only made possible because prior to yesterday, I had him covered at 2/5/0.  When that last day of the event came and there was a chance to get his Purple, I prayed to the RNG Gods and they actually delivered.  I took that cover, boosted my Howard as best I could and entered the arena.  I got lucky again because there was a match 5 of Purple and it instantly gave me the ability to go invisible.  Howard's green does not do much damage (at least at my level), but after about 8 minutes of chipping away at ole Punisher, I finally downed him and received my token.

This is something many of you have been accomplishing for years, I'm sure, but man did that feel great.

Just thought I'd share and introduce myself to the forum I've been reading for the last year.  

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations and welcome to the forums. This is a fun and passionate bunch.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome.  For many players, the MPQ community keeps people going in this game despite the ups and downs.  I have some CoT advice for you: don't forget to use supports and boosts!  They really help and can make the difference between winning and losing.  Also, persistence can win as well.  If you can get "close" to winning, then just keep trying over the 5 days until you get a lucky board.  For example, a month ago my 4*Black Widow had just 4 covers going against War Machine.  I thought I could win because of invisibility, but War Machine can remove invisibility tiles.  My first couple of attempts I could get him down to 50% health.  Over the course of the 5 days, I got 2 more BW covers and got closer and closer to beating him.  I had the strategy figured out, which involved going invisible, getting hit with Heat Signature, healing and going invisible again.  Eventually, luck went my way and I won after about 20 tries.

Anyway, my roster is in a similar state as yours, so my advice is to start opening Classics and Latest to champ those 4*s.  If you want to transition to 5* Champs in the near future, then it's best to hoard to 200 pulls, open them when a decent set is in Latest and then continue to open Latest to max cover them before they leave the pool. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the forums (officially).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howard was also my first Crash victory!

And while I now have 71 out the 74 4* champed (just need Nebula, Dazzler and Taskmaster) I remember that fondly.  I think that 6-8 cover range is where it becomes beatable but is such a challenge that you really feel like you accomplished something when you pull it off.  That is honestly one of the best times as an MPQ player.  Enjoy it!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first Crash victory was with Invisible Woman doing essentially the same thing (going invisible and chipping away health slowly but surely).

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful veterans around. I have played MPQ for about 1 year as well. I think I won my first clash with an undercovered Wolvie or Red Hulk. It was quite some time back. After support came out, I've been winning almost every crash due to the big increase in match damage.

Hope you win more crashes!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think everyone's first Crash win is probably with a character that can go invisible. For me it was with a level 70 Professor X. For Howard's crash I went in with super low expectations and ended up beating him with my level 70 Howard. And people call him Big Pun. Pfft. Welcome to the forum.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Love your story, @Ex_XMan_Man! Good on ya.