Connection to Google Play bugged?

Options
Every time I open the game, it goes through the "connecting to Google Play" screen and asks me to choose which account (there is only one). It does this whether I'm opening the game from scratch, if I switched apps and switched back, or if the phone screen timed out mid-match. Any time I bring up the bring up the game, it goes through it. This seems like a new thing. Is this a bug?

Comments

• zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Have same problem. Takes up wards of 20 minutes to load. Then pauses every few matches.

• ThunderKap
    ThunderKap Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have the same issue as well. I found that performing a force stop of the Google Play and Google App Store applications then clearing the cache usually does the trick. I still cant determine any pattern why it happens.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    @Tombstone

Hey folks, the issue has not been resolved. I can still wind up in the Google Play loop. I can back out of it to work around it, but it is definitely still there (updated yesterday).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby
    Tombstone

Hey folks, the issue has not been resolved. I can still wind up in the Google Play loop. I can back out of it to work around it, but it is definitely still there (updated yesterday).
    Yes, unfortunately the attempted fix for this issue was unsuccessful. We made sure to mention this in the release notes when the team discovered this.