What's Going on with Under the Sea?

TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
We had exactly the same set of opponents in here today as last Wednesday, and in both of those cases, both Waves were exactly the same. I can't recall either type of duplication happening before (at least not so close together), and it feels really weird. To the extent that I was torn on whether to post this here or in the Bugs forum.

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I noticed too.... Both waves were exactly the same, and this isnt the first time it happened lately.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Also, I don’t see the ISO reward in under the sea. Maybe it’s just me but it’s it showing up since we went to anniversary double-ISO. I raised a bug about it in the bugs forum. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I swear today's Third Time is the Charm was a repeat of yesterday.  If not, awfully similar to it.  
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only complaint is that anytime I face Cap Marvel in those waves, she always, always triggers her passive even though I didn't hit her.  I know it's a known bug, they should have fixed that by now. 
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    bbigler said:
    My only complaint is that anytime I face Cap Marvel in those waves, she always, always triggers her passive even though I didn't hit her.  I know it's a known bug, they should have fixed that by now. 
    I hate this bug!  It seems like it has been a known bug for years, but never been fixed.  Same thing with Hulk/Red Hulk.  If it cannot be fixed, then at the very least remove these characters from these type of nodes.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    bbigler said:
    I hate this bug!  It seems like it has been a known bug for years, but never been fixed.  Same thing with Hulk/Red Hulk.  If it cannot be fixed, then at the very least remove these characters from these type of nodes.
    On the plus side, 4* Gamora's Deadly Strike will continue to work on everyone in the wave it's used in, not just the initial target. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best guess is that each mission has a fixed table of possible opponents, and picks randomly (twice); some of the time you'll get the same team twice in a row.
  • TPF Alexis
    AXP_isme said:
    Also, I don’t see the ISO reward in under the sea. Maybe it’s just me but it’s it showing up since we went to anniversary double-ISO. I raised a bug about it in the bugs forum. 
    I paid attention to my total this morning, and I didn't get any ISO from UtS. I didn't pay attention to the reward screens, but since I only had 51 ISO when I started today's DDQ, it was pretty easy to confirm that the other rewards matched everything I got.
    I swear today's Third Time is the Charm was a repeat of yesterday.  If not, awfully similar to it.  
    I was getting some deja vu there as well. I think this might actually be the third time that team has showed up in that node within the last couple of weeks.
    Best guess is that each mission has a fixed table of possible opponents, and picks randomly (twice); some of the time you'll get the same team twice in a row.
    The probability of that happening with the exact same team both last Wednesday and yesterday is sort of mind-boggling.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The probability of that happening with the exact same team both last Wednesday and yesterday is sort of mind-boggling.
    Yeah, but how many days in a row have you cleared your DDQ? It's bound to happen eventually.
  • TPF Alexis
    Yeah, but how many days in a row have you cleared your DDQ? It's bound to happen eventually.
    600-ish. I can't recall ever noticing either a repeat wave or the same combo repeating within a few days during that time frame, and both at the same time with neither occurring separately seems particularly odd.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I wanna be where the burritos are;
    I want to see;
    Want to see then dancing.
    Walking around on their...
    What do you call them....
    Feeeeeeet 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    600-ish. I can't recall ever noticing either a repeat wave or the same combo repeating within a few days during that time frame, and both at the same time with neither occurring separately seems particularly odd.
    The number of possible waves isn’t all that big, so it happens more often than you think.  Seriously, check out the daily thread @Alfje17 maintains: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39967/deadpool-daily-quest-randomized-matchup-thread/

With only a cursory look, it happened with an all-goon node on Sept 11 and four different times in February of this year.  It’s rare enough, but not unheard of.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    ZootSax said:
    The number of possible waves isn’t all that big, so it happens more often than you think.  Seriously, check out the daily thread @Alfje17 maintains: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39967/deadpool-daily-quest-randomized-matchup-thread/

With only a cursory look, it happened with an all-goon node on Sept 11 and four different times in February of this year.  It’s rare enough, but not unheard of.
    As mentioned by @ZootSax, this does happen from time  to time: there are 32 different waves, so you're bound to have the same one pop up twice occasionally.

For those interested, there are at least 131 waves in TBE: after doing the thread for almost 2 years, I still see a new one from time to time, so that seems to confirm that the choice of these waves is completely random.
  • ZootSax
    Alfje17 said:

As mentioned by @ZootSax, this does happen from time  to time: there are 32 different waves, so you're bound to have the same one pop up twice occasionally.

For those interested, there are at least 131 waves in TBE: after doing the thread for almost 2 years, I still see a new one from time to time, so that seems to confirm that the choice of these waves is completely random.
    Would you mind posting the possible waves you've collected somewhere in Tips & Guides?  Considering how useful people found the old DDQ threads when there was only a 10-day cycle, I imagine people would appreciate it.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Alfje17 said:

Would you mind posting the possible waves you've collected somewhere in Tips & Guides?  Considering how useful people found the old DDQ threads when there was only a 10-day cycle, I imagine people would appreciate it.
    Full list can be found here:

• ZootSax
    Thanks, @Alfje17.  You rock.