Taskmaster limited............

Twomp_thaDJ
Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
so I read the character page and all the posts in it and the question was asked a couple of time.. with no answer..

is Taskmaster Devil Dino limited or Howard the Duck limited?!?!?!?

Don’t know why this is top secret info that no one can answer.. plus an answer may alleviate some of the negative connotation bout him being limited... *unless of course the answer is devil Dino limited then you’re on your own*

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    All three are 'limited', meaning they can't be obtained in tokens.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dino covers are once a year.  That’s it.  

Howard covers you get 1 from Wedded Wonder.  That’s the only way. 

Taskmaster....no idea.  
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Dormammu said:
    All three are 'limited', meaning they can't be obtained in tokens.
    Lol.. I’m well aware.. let me explain (which may be why the question hasn’t been answered) Devil Dino = only obtained during anniversary events. Howard the Duck = obtained 2 to 4 times a year thru an event... 

soooooo is Taskmaster Devil Dino Limited or is he Howard the Duck Limited
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh! Sorry, your question wasn't clear. Um... I dunno. My guess is he'll be more like Dino, but it's just a guess.
  • Twomp_thaDJ

Taskmaster....no idea.  
    Well I’m trying to see if someone can answer the “ no idea “ part... LOL
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it depends on the new alliance event. That could be how they give out covers from now on.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I guess it depends on the new alliance event. That could be how they give out covers from now on.
    That is an incredible idea for a limited release cover! It removes the randomness and guarantees a cover for anyone or an alliance that hits a goal. Still has the potential to be a boss very infrequently though.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    I hope Taskmaster is Dino limited and not Howard limited. Contrary to what it may seem having a Howard PVE that gives you 1 Howard cover every time it comes around does not give you more covers than being able to only get Dino covers once a year on the Anniversary. Last year was my first time experiencing an MPQ Anniversary and I bought out the Anniversary vault which gave me a lot of Dino covers. When I reached my 1 year in the SHIELD Resupply a couple of months ago I got 3 Dino covers, which brought me to 14 covers for him. I bought a 40 PK of this years Anniversary vault and got all 6 Dino covers, which brought him to Champ level 279. In contrast to my Howard who has an event that runs a couple of times a year and is 1/5/3. Two of those Howard covers came from the Anniversary vault this year.

My point is having a limited character get an event that runs a couple of times a year is not really the fastest way to cover a limited character. I would rather they put all 3 of them in the Anniversary vault each year and that's it. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't enjoy the all at once, once a year method of Devil-D delivery personally; it feels too much like hoarding - spend 12 months with 0 chance to get more until you can spend HP you'd need to have been saving up as well to get N covers (hopefully). I really hope Taskmaster is more available, particularly since he seems actually usable. If he does come out from that special raid event, I hope he's a very reliable reward in the way Howard is.

That being said, I currently have more covers for both Howard and Devil-D than I do for at least a third of the regularly available 4*s - the dilution struggle is pretty real.
  • Shintok17
    I don't enjoy the all at once, once a year method of Devil-D delivery personally; it feels too much like hoarding - spend 12 months with 0 chance to get more until you can spend HP you'd need to have been saving up as well to get N covers (hopefully). I really hope Taskmaster is more available, particularly since he seems actually usable. If he does come out from that special raid event, I hope he's a very reliable reward in the way Howard is.

That being said, I currently have more covers for both Howard and Devil-D than I do for at least a third of the regularly available 4*s - the dilution struggle is pretty real.
    It all depends on where your at in the game at the moment. Every level of the game is filled with hoarding, so I don't know how the once a year Devil Dino delivery is any different. In the beginning all your HP goes to roster slots for your 1*, 2*, and 3*'s. CP is hoarded instead of used on Latest and Classics stores, because at your level of play 4*'s and 5*'s are wasted slots since at low coverage all it's going to do is raise your MMR in PVP and take up your roster slots for the lower tiered characters that you will have more access to the covers for. As you progress and start championing 4*'s ISO is your most needed commodity and in the old system CP was hoarded so you didn't lose covers. In 5* land CP becomes your highest commodity, because that is the only way to get more covers for your 5*'s. Most 5* players hoard CP to be used on Latest characters they really want and on Classics since it's very diluted so they need a lot of CP to at least get a chance at getting the 5* cover they need.

Having a Webbed Wonder event that awards a Howard cover a couple of times a year does not make the character itself useful or less limited than Devil Dino. Think about it the Webbed Wonder event is just like any other event, because the Howard character itself is not essential in it, your not forced to use him in a mission, and there is no mission in the event that gives you a loaner Howard to use. 

For someone starting out the Howard and Dino covers are a wasted slot since they cant get enough covers to make them useful and the slots can be better used for characters that will have more covers accessible and useful to them. I have thirty 4*'s champed, all 3*'s champed, 5*'s soft capped at level 270, and run a 2* farm. For me HP is only used every 2 weeks at 1,000 of it for a roster slot for the new 4* or 5* release. I save the HP for the anniversary vault since it is really good. I hoard CP for the new 5* release vault. That is why once a year for me is more viable. I'm only going to use these characters once a year so It's ok with me. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on day 978, and I've never hoarded; occasionally I've "saved up" for something, but otherwise I spend as I go. I have every 2* and up character on roster, all 3*s champed, 29 4* champs, all but 8 (including Taskmaster) of the rest are above 10 covers, some greater than 10 subset of those have 13 covers waiting on iso. I don't have any 5* champs, but I do have them all on roster. So I disagree with your assertion that the game demands you hoard. You may choose to hoard, but you certainly don't "have" to hoard if you have a tolerance for cover waste. So yeah, i prefer the incremental progress of gaining Howard covers to the feast/famine model of Devil-D.
  • Shintok17
    I'm on day 978, and I've never hoarded; occasionally I've "saved up" for something, but otherwise I spend as I go. I have every 2* and up character on roster, all 3*s champed, 29 4* champs, all but 8 (including Taskmaster) of the rest are above 10 covers, some greater than 10 subset of those have 13 covers waiting on iso. I don't have any 5* champs, but I do have them all on roster. So I disagree with your assertion that the game demands you hoard. You may choose to hoard, but you certainly don't "have" to hoard if you have a tolerance for cover waste. So yeah, i prefer the incremental progress of gaining Howard covers to the feast/famine model of Devil-D.
    Agreed. Hoarding is a choice. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I don’t think Tasky is Dino-limited. So far we’ve gotten the standard PVP/PVE release. He’s not given crazy high odds in tokens, he hasn’t shown up in the anniversary vault, no free gifts... nothing. We get FLOODED with Dinos this time of year. It’s like pumpkin spice season... they’re everywhere. This has NOT been the case for Tasky, which leads me to believe he’s Howard limited, or maybe even more scarce than both?

@Brigby

Could you maybe give us some insight on how he can be obtained in the future? He actually seems like a very fun useful character. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind if he's Howard limited. We'd at least get a cover every time an event was run where he was featured. What I cant be doing with personally, is him only appearing once a year as Dino does. I've only just champed Dino this year because of how rare he is. I've been playing almost 4 years now. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Weird. I champed DD last year but I just got my 13th Howard this week.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, he's helping token dilution, right? So there's that.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Forever the optimist lol
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's funny.  I had on my list of optimistic hopes for the anniversary a fix for dilution....

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby said he was going to ask the development team yesterday and we never got a follow up. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    @Brigby said he was going to ask the development team yesterday and we never got a follow up. 
    Oct 15th and still no word