Is it worth trading 3 saved powers for 1 with Okoye?

rocks52
rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
She's currently at 5/1/3

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    What good would that do you?
    Still couldn't champ her.

So, no. Not worth it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    What Bow said. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    So it's only worth it if it can champ them?  Thanks
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 said:
    Yeah, use it to finish her off if needed, when you know what color you're missing. You might find yourself in a position where you don't need to use them, and then you have three additional champ levels. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Okoye has a feeder so depending on your feeder level, it does make trading in those covers a viable option if you're able to champ her if that 13th cover is close imo.

Now my JJ with four saved covers...I could trade in 3 covers, champ, and a get that first LT. Though with no feeder and likelyhood that she will get one at some point in time makes me really hesitant to use the feature.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Okoye has a feeder so depending on your feeder level, it does make trading in those covers a viable option if you're able to champ her if that 13th cover is close imo.

Now my JJ with four saved covers...I could trade in 3 covers, champ, and a get that first LT. Though with no feeder and likelyhood that she will get one at some point in time makes me really hesitant to use the feature.
    Yes, but she is a top tier 5*. Getting that champ status now vs in the unknown future might be worth 3 champ levels. But then again a fully leveled 12 cover JJ is still usable.
    For my Okoye 2/5/4 I probably would use the swap feature when I get to 12 covers. Only 2 covers in her best power and her feeder is 19 champ levels away from another unusable cover.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    You cant champ her , so  just wait
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    That's where my 5/2/5 JJ is at too. I have three saved covers and it feels really bad to swap them for a black and then lose out on three champ levels.

On the other hand, with it being a 1-in-3 crapshoot to getting a black even if I am lucky enough to get a JJ pull from a bonus hero, it feels really difficult to hit that bullseye.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 said:
    If even then.  I'm personally inclined to say that trading them is never worth it, but there are many that would disagree that.  

I doubt many, if any, would say it's worth it if you can't champ as a result of the trade.  The only possible exception I could think of might be if the trade would bring you to 4/4/4 and any cover would finish them off, but even then if you ended up getting 2 in short succession you traded away 2 covers for nothing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, champ status isn't always necessary. My 5Thor still isn't champed, but my cover distribution still gives me the 50Thor AP. So I use him all the time. I might not if cover distribution was different.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll trade you a yellow Okoye for one of your black ones.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    rocks52 said:
    If even then.  I'm personally inclined to say that trading them is never worth it, but there are many that would disagree that.  

I doubt many, if any, would say it's worth it if you can't champ as a result of the trade.  The only possible exception I could think of might be if the trade would bring you to 4/4/4 and any cover would finish them off, but even then if you ended up getting 2 in short succession you traded away 2 covers for nothing.
    Well you can't save covers unless you have 5. There's no real reason to swap before you can champ unless that ability gets a lot better with one more cover added.
    For the OP it would be ok to swap to 5/2/3 since there's no danger of that power getting maxed without fully covering. But since you'd still be far enough away its safer to wait it out and hope for an even coverage going forward.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    No. Never worth trading multiple 5* covers for one. You lose out on champ levels AND the rewards that come with them.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    For  a 5/1/3 I wouldn't do it. If I could set a yellow or red, I would swap my 3 saved black covers and champ her in a heart beat.

On that case I know I would lose out on 2 champ levels, but I feel the benefit in pvp of having a champed Okoye (in theory easier/more consistent to reach 1200) would balance out that cost.