MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Definitely getting feeder vibes. Can't say I'm disappointed at this point, I've honestly come to expect it. What does sadden me a bit is that Emma is being featured as the 4-star, which means that we'll get someone else as the alliance reward if this is in fact some kind of boss event. Was hoping for some Emma, Nebula, or Dazzler love. I also hope that they don't give away Dino covers as progression/placement in any of the PVE events. Anniversary gives away a boatload of tokens, and you can usually pull a Dino not even trying that hard. 

I think at this point that's not going to happen - if they were going to make Emma a feeder for Kitty they would have announced it Monday, yesterday at the latest.  Saying "you should really be playing this PVE" halfway through is definitely the wrong way to go about it.

Making a character that new a feeder would have been a jerk move, IMHO.  Speaking for myself, I don't have her champed, though I will get her just over the line with what I get from the PVE.  She's just over two months old...

Best guess - they're not going to give Kitty a feeder before she's out.  Wasp was a special case because of her movie, Loki a special case because of the 10 year MCU celebration.  They'll probably give us a new feeder either for the Anniversary, or for the next season.

Also, if Emma were going to be a feeder, she "should" have been the reward for placement in America's PVP and as progression in the event after. Instead we're kicking off Anniversary with Devil Dino.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Boosted list for the week, gathered from the Strange Sights preview up now:
    Medusa
    XFW
    Vulture
    Peggy
    Jean Grey

Strange Sights essentials: Wasp, Emma, Mystique, Ares
    Good boosted list, but other than Ares, dear lord that's a horrible set of Essentials. This one's going to be a bit of a slog. If I didn't need the Frost cover to get her to 209, I'd probably drop down to SCL6 for it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted Vulture may make Strange Sights a bit more tolerable. My Wasp is undercovered (don't really mind that), so I need all the help I can get.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Webbed Wonder essentials (based on rewards for SS):

5: Okoye (probably, since it starts before Kitty enters tokens)
    4:  Taskmaster
    3:  Cmags
    2:  Ms. Marvel
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    They posted earlier this week or last week that they are at New York comic Con from the 4th to the 7th, so we probably won't hear from them til Monday
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    They posted earlier this week or last week that they are at New York comic Con from the 4th to the 7th, so we probably won't hear from them til Monday
    That only makes it worse they havent planned ahead...
    Agreed! If they fly off of the 4th then on the 3rd they should have put up all relevant info and details on not just strabge sights but also webbed wonder: who will be featured, who will be rewarded, who is in weekly buff or anniversary buff, and all required characters in DDQ.

I do make roster and BH decisions based on these info!!! This communication blackout is really frustrating.

(Also, by the time they get around to making any "monday" posts, it'll probably be tuesday for me. :/ )
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's always a preview of who are required about 8 hours or so before the event starts. The preview is up right now.
    As a matter of fact, you can find out who the essentials are in the next pve, with the exception of 5*, based solely on the current pve placement rewards.

There are probably a couple of hundred thousand players in the game doing fine without needing to find out these kind of details in advance. 

As for bonus hero, it's not like you can trigger them whenever you feel like it. At most it's only a 5% chance or so.

• Jadams78
    Jadams78 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I like knowing which 5* is the essential character so I know whether to go lvl 8 or 9 depending on how lvled up that character is for me. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I do like knowing the 2 star essential and rewards just so I can plan for my farm. Since my max champed Captain Marvel is required I will have to hang onto her for a few more days rather than selling for the new one.  
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    There's always a preview of who are required about 8 hours or so before the event starts. The preview is up right now.
    As a matter of fact, you can find out who the essentials are in the next pve, with the exception of 5*, based solely on the current pve placement rewards.

There are probably a couple of hundred thousand players in the game doing fine without needing to find out these kind of details in advance. 

As for bonus hero, it's not like you can trigger them whenever you feel like it. At most it's only a 5% chance or so.

Just wondering, if not important, why is it you are so active in this topic?

And “with the exception of 5*”? Yeah, thats just minor detail off course...

Anyway, they screwed up on info. Thats not a disaster. But it can be slightly annoying, especially if they could have easily planned a couple days ahead. No need to defend them or the situation..

Just hoping they will learn about it some time............
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Isn't the 5 about to leave latest usually the essential in the last PVP they are in latest?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    In today's digital age, it's not like they don't have access to a computer and internet connection. @Brigby could've just as easily gotten an email from the programmers, and posted during down time.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    axmoss said:
    In today's digital age, it's not like they don't have access to a computer and internet connection. @Brigby could've just as easily gotten an email from the programmers, and posted during down time.
    They have the interweb on comic con, you say?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Smart80 said:
    They have the interweb on comic con, you say?
    if not at comic con, at the hotel...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jadams78 said:
    I like knowing which 5* is the essential character so I know whether to go lvl 8 or 9 depending on how lvled up that character is for me. 
    The game makes that info available to you before you join the event: click the trophy icon to get a preview of the event's rewards, and then click "Event Rules" in the bottom left corner.  The list of powered up "This Event" characters are your essentials.
    You can then go back and pick your clearance level based on that info.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't the 5 about to leave latest usually the essential in the last PVP they are in latest?
    No.  The pattern is 3 Latest, 2 Classic,repeat. And those all follow rotations.  Okoye was almost certainly going to be the 5E for WW, but not because she is leaving Latests, but because she was the one that was left out of the 3 Latests in the current rotation. 

And the devs routinely break their observed patterns. It is not unreasonable to ask for timely updates to this thread.

Also:  have you looked at the views for this thread?  Generally they number in the 10’s of 1000’s.  Far more than a few hundred commentors are using this information.  This thread is a very valuable player resource among all the engaged players and their alliances.

All that said, I understand not updating it during NYCC, but wish it had been updated before that.  Oh well. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Love to see some updates today :smile:

Double iso is helping plow through 4* champing....  but need that boosted list.