Taskmaster (Tony Masters) (10/1/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Taskmaster has the extraordinary ability to perfectly replicate any physical performance he has ever seen. He watched a professional football game? Now he can throw like a star quarterback. He saw Captain America on the news? Now he can mimic his combat style flawlessly.

In Marvel Puzzle Quest, Taskmaster spends his time carefully observing other characters and learning how to use their powers. Explore Taskmaster's Power Details page to choose which powers he should use in battle."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Taskmaster, and find out how you can recruit him onto your team!

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Villains
[Limited Character]
redtilepng bluetilepng blacktilepng

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Photographic Reflexes: Red
Choose one of the following six abilities for Taskmaster to take into battle!
A Little Off the Top - 6 redtilepng AP
Everyone's wasting their time punching each other, but Taskmaster takes a cue from Deadpool and cuts straight to the chase. Taskmaster slices the enemy with his sword, dealing 40% of their current health in damage (maximum 5531 damage).

Oldest Trick in the Book - 8 redtilepng AP
Taskmaster points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Big Wheel?" before swinging in with a sucker-punch. Taskmaster deals 2739 damage. He deals an additional 1157 damage per friendly Countdown tile (up to 6).

Grim Efficiency
- 8 redtilepng AP
Taskmaster lashes out with dual blades, attacking his enemies' weak points. Deals 2434 damage, then creates 2 strength 199 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP his team has.

Star-Spangled Avenger
- 11 redtilepng AP
Taskmaster hurls his osmium shield into battle. Hits the target for 5311 damage and transforms any chosen tile into a Red 3-turn Countdown tile that returns 6 Red AP.

Moving Target
- 12 redtilepng AP
Taskmaster lobs a grenade towards his opponent and quickly draws his weapon, putting the grenade in his sights. Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 10912 damage. If you match it away, deal 15457 damage instead.

Buncha Fiddle-Faddle
- 13 redtilepng AP
Taskmaster doesn't have time for all this nonsense. Give these knick-knack-paddy-whacks what for! Deals 9836 damage, or 15742 damage if there are no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles on the board.

Photographic Reflexes: Blue
Speed Shot - bluetilepng Passive
Taskmaster nocks multiple arrows and lets them fly. Whenever his team makes a Match-5 or greater, converts up to 4 Blue tiles to 2-turn Countdown tiles that deal 1467 damage when activated.

Billy Club
 - 9 bluetilepng AP
Taskmaster ricochets a billy club from target to target, striking his enemies with amazing accuracy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that stuns for 2 turns and creates a new Billy Club Countdown tile. If you match it away, he catches the club and gains 3 Blue AP.

Nuts From Above
 - 9 bluetilepng AP
Taskmaster leaps onto unsuspecting enemies from the trees in an unrelenting assault of tooth and nail. Deals 4328 damage to the enemy plus 810 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack, or Strike tile on the board (up to 8 tiles).

Do as Peggy Says
 - 11 bluetilepng AP
Taskmaster lands a direct hit with his shield, disabling the enemy team and helping his allies get the drop on their target. Stuns all enemies but the target for 3 turns and places one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile (that deals 5796 damage) for each active ally.

Ruthless Precision
 - 12 bluetilepng AP
Taskmaster doesn't futz around. Deals 9925 damage and creates a 5-turn Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, enemies cannot gain health.

Twin Pistols
 - 15 bluetilepng AP
Taskmaster fires two pistols, destroying two selected 3x3 blocks of tiles, dealing 554 damage per tile, and ending the turn. (Does not generate AP.)

Photographic Reflexes: Black
The Quack-Fu One-Two - 8 blacktilepng AP
You're messing with a master of Quack-Fu? Prepare to explain the footprints on your face to everyone in your office on Monday! Deals 270 damage for each Green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. (Does not generate AP.)

Nightstalker
 - 8 blacktilepng AP
Taskmaster mercilessly makes a precision slash with his sword, dealing a crippling blow to his enemy. Deals 3221 damage to the target, and then creates a Green Repeater tile that activates every turn, stealing 1 AP from the enemy's strongest color.

Shadowstep
 - 10 blacktilepng AP
Taskmaster senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. He converts 5 random basic Black tiles into Trap tiles. If Taskmaster would take damage, the damage is negated and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 920 damage.

Skull Cracker
 - 12 blacktilepng AP
Taskmaster grabs two of his enemies and smashes their heads together before throwing them into a third enemy. Taskmaster deals 2652 damage to the enemy team, and then stuns up to 2 random enemies for 2 turns.

Moonsilver Blades
 - 12 blacktilepng AP
Taskmaster flings a handful of razor-sharp blades at his enemies, combining deadly precision with wild abandon. Deals 12881 damage to a random enemy.

Sniper Rifle
 - 15 blacktilepng AP
Taskmaster shoots a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. Deals damage for each tile destroyed. Piercing ammo does an additional 5861 damage to all enemies. (Does not generate AP.)
Stay tuned! His full Character Details are coming soon.

Recruit Taskmaster!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 10/4/18, 7:00am EST
  • Ends: 10/11/18, 7:00am EST
  • Price: 7000 Hero Points 
  • Contents:
    • Peggy Carter (Captain America) Red cover
    • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) Yellow cover
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Taskmaster & Foes
  • Starts: 10/7/18, 8:00am EST
  • Ends: 10/12/18, 2:00am EST
  • 80 Item Vault:
    • 1x Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • 1x random Taskmaster (Tony Masters) cover
    • 2x random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
      • Peggy Carter (Captain America)
      • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    • 21x 3-Stars
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Stars
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Strange Sights - Story Event
    • Starts: 10/4/18, 7:00am EDT
    • Ends: 10/8/18, 2:00am EDT
    • Taskmaster (Tony Masters) in Placement Rewards
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training
    • Starts: 10/4/18, 7:00am EDT
    • Ends: 10/11/18, 7:00am EDT
    • Rewards tokens to Strange Sights, random cover of Taskmaster (Tony Masters), and more!
    Watch And Learn - Versus Tournament
    • Starts: 10/7/18, 8am EST
    • Ends: 10/10/18, 2am EST
    • Taskmaster (Tony Masters)) as Progression Reward
    • Rewards tokens to the Taskmaster & Foes Vault
    Webbed Wonder - Story Event
    • Starts: 10/8/18, 7:00am EDT
    • Ends: 10/12/18, 2:00am EDT

Comments

• Mujo5
      Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
      So is he limited like dino and Howard?
    • tiomono
      tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
      So he is limited like Howard and dino?
    • Shintok17
      Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
      Awesome way to show off his powers like the comics. Being able to choose different fighting styles is cool.
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      IceIX said:
      Correct, he is a limited character.

To head off another question, his abilities are chosen in the abilities screens. You can scroll through all the available abilities and press "Learn" on the one you want to equip.
      Boo

Please tell me Cable won't be.  I might throw a table lol.
    • thedarkphoenix
      thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
      I so wanted this and him to be a 5 star.

I really hope you do a 5 star rogue with a similar power set.

really cool! 
    • Dormammu
      Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      I really dislike it when new characters are released in Strange Sights. Such an awful event to predict placement. You can go top 5 in all three subs and end up missing top 10.

But Taskmaster looks pretty cool. But limited, eh? All right. Guess it's been a while since we've had one of those, but he sure looks a lot more effective than Devil Dino!
    • maguirenumber6
      maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
      This may be the hardest "best build" discussion in the history of Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    • Shintok17
      CNash said:
      I look forward to using him in two or three years’ time!

Seriously, one of the first characters I’ve actually been excited about all year and you go and make him limited. Thanks.
      Same here. It would of been great to use him now and not have to wait a couple of years until I can get enough covers to make him useful.
    • Dragon_Nexus
      Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
      Am I reading Strange Sights wrong? 4 days?
    • Eichen
      Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
      I've been asking for Taskmaster for 4 years.  So glad we are finally getting him.  Frustrated he's a limited character.  Why are their limited characters at all?
    • Shintok17
      No your not. It's because it is going to be the 4* release event, so those are usually 4 days long. All they will do is make one of the days a 48hr sub like always. Nothing new for a release.
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      Quick question on Taskmaster, do you have to set his powers EVERY match or will they repeat until you want to change them
    • Felessa
      Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
      As strange as it seems, I've never heard of this character before... but he look likes very fun to play, and he is a villain, something MPQ is needing.
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      Shintok17 said:
      No your not. It's because it is going to be the 4* release event, so those are usually 4 days long. All they will do is make one of the days a 48hr sub like always. Nothing new for a release.
      But how can that do that?  Is a certain day 48 hours regardless of what you pick?  That seems really weird...
    • Shintok17
      broll said:
      Shintok17 said:
      But how can that do that?  Is a certain day 48 hours regardless of what you pick?  That seems really weird...
      Your stuck only going against anyone that chose that particular door, so it does not matter that its for 1 day or 2 days. If all 3 doors are set for a 48hr sub then its the same thing as a 24hr one. Everyone will have the same experience for the most part.
    • Punter1
      Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
      edited October 2018

Regular 3-day event.  The timing is from the start of S1 to the end of S5 so it looks like 4 days.  S5 starts at 2am on Friday the 5th, It ends at 2am on the Monday the 8th so 3 days.  The events date always look like that

Edit to add that Webbed Wonder seems to have the wrong start time, should be 7th at 7am I think @brigby