Battle Log Failure [Fixed in 3.3]

Options
DBJones
DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
I was running through Training Grounds with my level 6 Tezzeret 2 and got matched against an Angrath (level 16, I think). He cast Fire Shrine Keeper, and it triggered an animation that looked like Crew. I went to check the Battle Log to see for sure, but it wouldn't open. Even after the match ended it still wouldn't open. Not a big deal this time, but it could have been worse.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This happens daily to me, and it comes and goes, even within 1 or 2 turns.
  • stikxs
    Options
    This may be caused by Greg having https://mtgpq.info/cards/TetzimocPrimalDeath in hand and it triggering. Every turn I tried to look at the log following that guy giving my creature -1/-1 it wouldn't open. The first turn I had where that effect didn't trigger the log opened correctly.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have either of you had this issue occur in events other than the Training Grounds at all?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Have either of you had this issue occur in events other than the Training Grounds at all?
    I
     had it happen in the last coalition event (Bo4t) as well
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @Laeuftbeidir
    Did you happen to notice anything prior to attempting the open the battle log that seemed unusual, or does it seem to occur randomly?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tombstone I vaguely remember "something" happening, an effect on the board whose source I couldn't make out, that's why I tried to open the log.. Sorry that it doesn't help a lot. Maybe an opponents card that either didn't show or that I clicked away too fast
  • Tombstone
    Options
    I'll go ahead and pass this along. If any of you encounter this issue again and you encounter anything unusual or that seems like it may be related to when this occurs, if you could please let me know or submit a support ticket regarding the issue, it would be greatly appreciated. 
  • stikxs
    Options
    This is happening in like half of my matches now. It's almost guaranteed to happen when tetzimoc is in the opponent's deck/hand (I assume it doesn't know how to show the trigger for it in their hand w/o revealing what card is in their hand), I believe I've also seen it occur more frequently with etali in play since 2.9 (which also introduced new bugs on that card). And I just had it after a loss in the last match of the oath of the gatewatch 2 event.