4-star DDQ - Daddy Issues. Gamora vs Thanos

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
This one is a pretty easy one.  Get six blue AP.  Stun Thanos.  Repeat until dead.   My LT gave me a Thing, putting him at LVL 299.

Or, if you're very lucky like my son with his 1/2/4 Gamora, get her passive to trigger by making all of the purple tiles special, and instantly kill him.  That took place right after Thanos cascaded into a match-5, and brought his Gamora down to about 2K health.  Another stun, a black, and hoping that the next match didn't bring down a purple.  BOOM!  Down goes Thanos.  He got a War Machine cover from his token.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I got the insta-kill with my 285 champed gamora pretty early on. Can’t complain.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I almost never use Gamora - mine's level 168 - so I forgot what she can do.  I figured I'd play a round at work and see how bad I lost and what boosts I might need for a rematch.  I won, but it was very close.  I ended with 281 health remaining.  The token gave me... another Gamora, which will take her to level 188 one of these days!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

First time this ran, I had like Three Gamora covers. Fortunately one of them was black and I was able to win by triggering Deadliest Woman.

This time it was much easier with Gamora around level 300. Stun, stun, stun, and use the other Powers too.

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    It took me four tries.  The first three boards were green heavy and light on blue and red.  Finally, fourth board was the opposite.  My level 172 (5/1/2) was able to incapacitate, strike, and repeat for the win.  

LT was quite appropriate: red cover for Legendary Outlaw Star Lord, allowing me to level him up to 115.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    My lvl 271 Gamora cruised it first time - Thanos is just a bit too slow for these one on ones when you have nimble characters like Gamora and of course his black is utterly redundant.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 Lv 283 Gamora

Figured this would be a cakewalk and didn't bring any boosts. Then the board fell and it was almost entirely yellow, green, and purple. Okay... I figured I'd just start clearing that out and the colors I'd need would start to fall. Nope. I never got enough blue to stun. Never got a single red match. Got enough black to fire that once, but it was hardly enough. Meanwhile, Thanos' green and purple countdown tiles managed to find themselves in unmatchable corners. I lost. I lost big time.

Telling myself the universe was not out to get me, I used a health pack and tried again. The second time around, purple was rarer than adamantium and I managed to get all the purple tiles covered with specials. You know what happened after that.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Lvl 283. Lots of blue on the board, some red, little black or green. Had Thanos Stun-locked most of the time, and my red chipping away for a while too. He did manage to fire his purple once, but matched it away immediately.
    Token waiting at least for Kitty, Nebula, and Dazzler to enter tokens.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    3/5/5 lvl 296. Superb board gave me a blue match 5 straight off, that dropped a cascade. I had to leave Thanos a purple critical tile match, but stunned him on my second turn . By the time he recovered I was able to hit him with red then black. Annoyingly two blank purples dropped when I made my match, but Thanos kindly opted to commit suicide by matching them both away. Token was a champ level for Mockingbird.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 level 282. The board decided it liked me a lot better than Thanos, and dropped a ton of red and black. I never did earn enough blue to stun him, but two castings of black and one red pretty much sealed the deal. It was one of the fastest crashes I've had.

I earned a shiny yellow Okoye for my troubles, bringing the fearsome warrior up to 2/4/1.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently my MPQ Gamora was much more capable than the MCU version of her, as a Lv280 5/3/5 easily won.  He fired off a purple once, but once it expired she did a red slice and a blue stun, killing him before he ever recovered.   

The token gave a Teen Jean champ level.